What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #76
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronprice
Well I just walked in from a 6 hour snow wheelin trip and let me tell you what I needed...
First off 1/2 hour in I ran over a log and blew out the left rear tire.( wheeled on it flat for an hour.) After changing the TIRE #1 thing I needed ,,I caught back up with the group and started showing off alittle. Thats when the battery tie down gave out and quick fixed it with a #2 TIE DOWN STRAP. At this point I noticed a front body bolt had lost a nut and had to redirect the 1st strap to hold the front fender from bouncing. Then back to wheelin. after a bit we stopped for a brake and I got more good news.I needed 2- #3 --3/8s nuts since the trans case crossover was falling off. THEN 1/2 mile down the road I started running a little rough and discovered that my gas tank strap had broken and he tank was dragging the ground. Fixed the hole in the gas line by cutting the end off with a #4 KNIFE and putting it back on the tank. Then tied the tank back up into place with anouther #5 STRAP, All in Allthe day was fun even though the 3rd right from HE11 of brake downs had risen all over my day. so those are the 5 things I needed today.
OH !!EA!! I ran out of clutch fluid too. Luck I always carry extra #6 brake fluid with me
Looks like you need another can of Preventive Maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #77
ronprice

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
Looks like you need another can of Preventive Maintenance.
X2
But I dont know its broke till it falls off
Unread 02-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #78
jeepboy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimGoaty
How do you go about getting a license to conceal? I'm 22 and always have thought that It might be a good idea to carry in some situations but I would never want to break the law.
I would contact your local sheriffs office. they are normally the ones to issue CC permits
93 YJ 2.5L 5 spd,D35 lockrite,D30 powertrax,4.0L TB,4.0L TB Spacer, Warrior Products rear bumper,Bigrocks offroad front stinger bumper,2.5" ghetto lift,skyjacker hydro's,arb snorkle,31x11.5 super swamper truxus A/T STS on cragar soft 8s,31x10.5 wildcat ext studded on ar 767,hella 500's 1 set fog and 1 set driving,sway bar disco's, extended brake lines,yellow top,CB, body damage to prove I wheel.
jeepboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #79
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimGoaty
How do you go about getting a license to conceal? I'm 22 and always have thought that It might be a good idea to carry in some situations but I would never want to break the law.
In Ohio you have to take an approved course. If I remember it takes about a day and a half. I took mine at the local gun range. Contact any LEO. I am sure they can direct you, as to what to do in your state.
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #80
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I carry a Colt 1911 (not a1). and a couple extra mags. couple boxes of ammo (ball)
I use am M-7 shoulder rig because it's easy to get in and out of vehicles without it being in the way.

I may carry something alittle more fun depending on what I am doing. ..)

I shave my head so I have little use for "Clips", although I do sometimes use them for loading the 5.45 and trimming the nails.

I feel sorry for those who lost their rights to be a Citizen and are now subjugated.

How many Citizens are there in Canada? None. Atleast not enough to make a difference.

Last edited by Tommygunm1a1; 02-10-2007 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: privacy
suicide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #81
CherokeeOwner
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Phased plama rifle in the 40 watt range.
CherokeeOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #82
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would tell you what I carry.... but then again, all my old guns were lost in that boating accident.... :-/

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.)

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." --Ronald Reagan
Du510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #83
lil-jmart13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have a pistol grip shifter and a wooden billy club with a steel rod in it.

MEAN GREEN
1997 JEEP TJ SAHARA - project mean green!

WTB: TJ HALF DOORS OR TUBE DOORS!!! PM ME!!

NIGHTCREW
-#35-
lil-jmart13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #84
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Unfortunately, I usually wheel on the Eglin AFB range complex - no firearms allowed unless actively hunting. I have run across some damn sketchy people out there too.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #85
Jdgeroy
1974 CJ5 

WASR 10 w/ five spare mags, sig 239 .40 or Kimber 1911. The border is rough.
Jdgeroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #86
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

me and my dad both carry .45 glocks, sister carries her s&w .38. Ususally have my .357 in the jeep as backup, and my 12 ga. **** happens

and yes we all have our permits
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #87
jtpaintball70

Well I just realized I never got my .40 High Point... But now that I'm over 21, I carry a 10mm EAA Witness openly. I always have a gun on me, in town it's usually a Glock 19 9mm, open as well.

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #88
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This thread reeks of mothballs...

FWIW, I usually have my R700 and my SIG in my jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #89
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

CCW Permit, if wheeling in MO, TN, KY or IN then I carry my XD .45 ACP w/ Corbon DPX +p (1) 10 rd and (1) 1 13 rd mag's. Figure if I'm wheeling it's a strong possibility I could drop it in the mud, so the XD fits the purpose nicely cause I know it will still fire no matter what. It's also nice having it in my kholster (think supertuck) I sometimes forget it's back there, so it doesn't interfere with my wheeling at all.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #90
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
This thread reeks of mothballs...
Wow, just realized that.

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.)

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." --Ronald Reagan
Du510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.