What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #61
WillysJeeper

.38 snub nosed wheel gun

WillysJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #62
jmcbroom

Carry a Springfield XD .45 ACP on my hip everywhere. When I go wheeling, which means fishing, I also carry my wife's Glock 26. You just can't have enough protection this close the the Mexican border and playing by the ocean. Strange things wash up and strange people come collect them.
jmcbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #63
Tinker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I to belong to the XD 45 ACP club, mine is the 4" service model, with 3 13 rd. mags. Also when the wife is along she packs her Taurus PT140 Millineum which is .40 cal. and the 9mm Makarov, also with 3 mags, is always in the jeep.
Unread 02-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #64
CunningLinguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Killer
i usually just let this bad boy loose and everyone runs

HAHAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2007, 11:29 PM   #65
jmcbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker
I to belong to the XD 45 ACP club, mine is the 4" service model, with 3 13 rd. mags. Also when the wife is along she packs her Taurus PT140 Millineum which is .40 cal. and the 9mm Makarov, also with 3 mags, is always in the jeep.

That XD is a fine weapon! I also have three 13 round mags for the XD (can't have an empty slot in the mag carrier), two for the Glock. I used to be a hard core 1911 guy, I had two of them, but the XD is so much better in my opinion. They took the best features of the 1911 and Glock and mushed them together. About the only thing I really miss is the selectable safety.

I want to find a way to create a hidden gun case under the backseat, kind of like the guys are doing with the sub boxes, to mount my AR-15 in. Flip up the backseat, undo the retainers and you've got yourself one helluva bad day with somebody's name on it. Yeah, turn the Jeep into a personal Armory. My wife is going to think I'm nuts, and I can only imagine what the cops are going to say
jmcbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #66
TopThrillJoe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

blackpowder .44 cus its all my dad will get me
()_) ()_)=0=)_)
owner of a solid axle conversion kit
I spend most of my time here -->http://swmjeepers.com
TopThrillJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #67
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

SIG 229 40 cal. It pretty much goes where ever I go. Great gun
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley

Last edited by ScotZ; 08-15-2008 at 07:36 PM..
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #68
jeepboy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpaintball70
I've started to carry a .25 Raven with 2 8rd mags when I wheel in certain spots. Mainly due to the fact that big-*** mountain lions have been spotted and will attack people

I am not trying to be an a-hole but what are you planning to do with a .25cal against a mountain lion. I am reasonably comfortable with my .40cal but not on anything bigger than a mountain lion.
93 YJ 2.5L 5 spd,D35 lockrite,D30 powertrax,4.0L TB,4.0L TB Spacer, Warrior Products rear bumper,Bigrocks offroad front stinger bumper,2.5" ghetto lift,skyjacker hydro's,arb snorkle,31x11.5 super swamper truxus A/T STS on cragar soft 8s,31x10.5 wildcat ext studded on ar 767,hella 500's 1 set fog and 1 set driving,sway bar disco's, extended brake lines,yellow top,CB, body damage to prove I wheel.
jeepboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #69
EagerJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-n-Broke-YJ
yea... 3D mag lite for me. LED b/c i'm high tech like that.

damn a lot of you carry guns. note to self: do't ever mess with rednecks in the woods

-Erik <--- would carry if i had a permit
That's good advice.

I tote a 2" .38 or a Sig 45, depends on the weather.
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #70
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

colt series 80 in 9MM with four mags and a remington 870 loaded with 00 buckshot.

Black Jeep Club v1.0 and v2.0 #1776
DR Z MUST BE STOPPED #7
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #71
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

I keep one of these in the glove box
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #72
ronprice

Well I just walked in from a 6 hour snow wheelin trip and let me tell you what I needed...
First off 1/2 hour in I ran over a log and blew out the left rear tire.( wheeled on it flat for an hour.) After changing the TIRE #1 thing I needed ,,I caught back up with the group and started showing off alittle. Thats when the battery tie down gave out and quick fixed it with a #2 TIE DOWN STRAP. At this point I noticed a front body bolt had lost a nut and had to redirect the 1st strap to hold the front fender from bouncing. Then back to wheelin. after a bit we stopped for a brake and I got more good news.I needed 2- #3 --3/8s nuts since the trans case crossover was falling off. THEN 1/2 mile down the road I started running a little rough and discovered that my gas tank strap had broken and he tank was dragging the ground. Fixed the hole in the gas line by cutting the end off with a #4 KNIFE and putting it back on the tank. Then tied the tank back up into place with anouther #5 STRAP, All in Allthe day was fun even though the 3rd right from HE11 of brake downs had risen all over my day. so those are the 5 things I needed today.
OH !!EA!! I ran out of clutch fluid too. Luck I always carry extra #6 brake fluid with me
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #73
Grandpa Jeeper
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A bazooka and a 9 cell mag light.

Telling lies and playing one-upmanship on the internet is such fun.
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #74
SlimGoaty
1997 XJ Cherokee 

How do you go about getting a license to conceal? I'm 22 and always have thought that It might be a good idea to carry in some situations but I would never want to break the law.

My buildup on CherokeeForum

97 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231, RE 5.5, Tom Woods DS, AA SYE, 35x12.50 KM2,
Upgraded Harness, PIAA bulbs, Rustys Tie-Rod, L&L Fab bumper,
Quadratec 9500i Winch, Aussie locker, 4.88's
SlimGoaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #75
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Two huge guns, I'm always strapped.

Yeah I went there.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.