What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #181
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

stay in california, we dont want you, where i live everyone carries or has a piece in their car, and as a result violent crimes are rare, the only things we get are drug addicts and the like that are trying to break into your house or have some 70's trailer up in the woods. you never need gour gun but its all that better, the stories you hear from people who carry and dont ever use it are quicky covered up by stories of people who didnt carry and became a victim, if your a game warden and you dont belive in carrying then you should quit. i suggest you read night of the grizzlys and all the other compilated tales of animal attacks and police reports beacuse of some stupid californians who thought it would be cool to get close to a bear and its cub and take pictures, they couldent be identified, i say its great that they are not breathing my air anymore due to their stupidity but what makes me mad is the 357 that they found in the bears stomach that belonged to a missing ranger.

i will carry, if you dont, i wont cover you beacuse you wont cover me. thats all i have to say on that subject.

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #182
Josey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
No, I believe anyone without a bad record can do stupid things when they're scared and over react. A conflict that would normally be resolved with words can lead to someone dead with little thinking.
I agree, But Cops nor Game Wardens are immune to your description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer timatoe View Post
I prefer to make them bleed, then pepper spray 'em. Harder wash it out than off. :rofl: http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/timatoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeptheJeep View Post
Kyoseki, You would piss in the face of common sense just to be politically correct.
Josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #183
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mymmars View Post
stay in california, we dont want you, where i live everyone carries or has a piece in their car, and as a result violent crimes are rare, the only things we get are drug addicts and the like that are trying to break into your house or have some 70's trailer up in the woods. you never need gour gun but its all that better, the stories you hear from people who carry and dont ever use it are quicky covered up by stories of people who didnt carry and became a victim, if your a game warden and you dont belive in carrying then you should quit. i suggest you read night of the grizzlys and all the other compilated tales of animal attacks and police reports beacuse of some stupid californians who thought it would be cool to get close to a bear and its cub and take pictures, they couldent be identified, i say its great that they are not breathing my air anymore due to their stupidity but what makes me mad is the 357 that they found in the bears stomach that belonged to a missing ranger.

i will carry, if you dont, i wont cover you beacuse you wont cover me. thats all i have to say on that subject.
You know when the last bear attack happened here in CA? It's a more stable thought to carry a gun into your local Wal Mart...

I realize people make their own decisions and I support that, as long as the person isn't an idiot. And being an idiot doest exempt you from the right to carry a gun.

The biggest concern is when you go wheeling with fools who have guns. Which I personally wont do... If you need a gun to go wheeling, you should just stay home.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #184
reconvet88
1995 ZJ 

i believe only children should carry guns.....
reconvet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #185
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

we do carry guns in walmart. here all you need is your hunters safty and to be signed off to have your ccp. we dont even register our guns and we dont have problems, its beacuse everyone is armed, if you arnt the person standing next to you is. the first place i would carry is california, i lived there for way too long, all the gun registration and 8 day waiting periods will not prevent people from doing some stupid things. and even at that criminals are not going to put down their back ally 38 special beacuse it hasnt been catagorized invintoried and registered to their name, no their going to load it and use it to their advantage. i will not have my advantage taken away for some politicians election year bs.

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #186
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't carry a gun when wheeling. Why would you? never made sense to me when I read about it on here. None of my friends carry when wheeling either as you will never need a gun.. It's like driving around with a parachute on because you might go over a cliff. Just pure 100% paranoia. I mean come on man, you're going to carry a gun? what are you so afraid of LMAO.
900+ lb grizzly that just woke up and is hungry when i'm broke or stuck.

wolves

wolverines

and there are some really odd people here.

keep in mind not everywhere in this country is pleasantville, and some places you are not on the top of the food chain

[CENTER][B]vvvthis is what they don't tell you about LCGvvv[/B][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=]...I went with the lcg method but its never ending be because once you fix one thing something else breaks or needs upgrading...[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][U][COLOR="yellow"]SUPPORT OUR TROOPS[/COLOR][/U][/B][/CENTER]
[URL="http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1283292679-9a7df2f9eebd07dc48f628e4fb5cbc1881910fd4"]City Profile[/URL]
remery829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #187
reconvet88
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remery829 View Post
i'm hoping this was a joke
kinda.
but just think of it....
cops and robbers wouldnt be so annoying to supervise anymore....

kidding.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #188
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconvet88 View Post
kinda.
but just think of it....
cops and robbers wouldnt be so annoying to supervise anymore....

kidding.
funny guy

i can see where people could have a semi valid point on the whole handgun issue, i mean, very little people in Canada have one and they have a ton less violent crime then us.

however, this is America

[QUOTE=]...I went with the lcg method but its never ending be because once you fix one thing something else breaks or needs upgrading...[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1283292679-9a7df2f9eebd07dc48f628e4fb5cbc1881910fd4"]City Profile[/URL]
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #189
reconvet88
1995 ZJ 

america. the youngest country in the world.
as a teenage country, we must act immature and juvenile. it is our obligation, and our right as americans.

therefore unnecessary violence is 100% OK!
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #190
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
900+ lb grizzly that just woke up and is hungry when i'm broke or stuck.

wolves

wolverines

and there are some really odd people here.

keep in mind not everywhere in this country is pleasantville, and some places you are not on the top of the food chain
I wouldn't leave my house without a gun if there are Grizzlies around. To think that where I live is Pleasantville is naive though man. I live in the most diverse and one of the harshest environments in the US, being in the Sierra mountains of northern California.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #191
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

exactly, we'll be the kid putting gum in the pretty girl's hair, doing donuts on the old lady's lawn......

oh wait

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #192
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

the pleasantville comment wasn't directly aimed towards you BorderC, i just get a little touchy and amped up when people start ragging on those of us who do carry for a reason.

so no offense meant

and for the record, if anyone wants to bring up alternatives to guns, i've tried bear mace, just after break-up last year, and he didn't stop coming so out came the 10mm

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #193
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
the pleasantville comment wasn't directly aimed towards you BorderC, i just get a little touchy and amped up when people start ragging on those of us who do carry for a reason.

so no offense meant

and for the record, if anyone wants to bring up alternatives to guns, i've tried bear mace, just after break-up last year, and he didn't stop coming so out came the 10mm
Have you tried an aluminum baseball bat? relatively non-leathal, very intimidating, and legal for anyone to own/practice with/have in their vehicle.
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #194
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

no, just a wooden one with a nail through it

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #195
Josey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Have you tried an aluminum baseball bat? relatively non-leathal, very intimidating, and legal for anyone to own/practice with/have in their vehicle.
Bad advice, you'll end up shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer timatoe View Post
I prefer to make them bleed, then pepper spray 'em. Harder wash it out than off. :rofl: http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/timatoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeptheJeep View Post
Kyoseki, You would piss in the face of common sense just to be politically correct.
Josey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.