What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere? - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > What do you "Carry" when wheeling in the middle of nowhere?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #166
klarendonkid
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJJEEPER View Post
Where exactly is this in Upstate NY?
it is the magical land north and west of the liberal bastion that is NYC.

klarendonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #167
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

Glock 20 with 2 15rd mags of buffalo bore 220 gr. 1500 fps 1098 ft/lbs

when i'm in town i have a mag of Corbon 165 gr JHP

[CENTER][B]vvvthis is what they don't tell you about LCGvvv[/B][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=]...I went with the lcg method but its never ending be because once you fix one thing something else breaks or needs upgrading...[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][U][COLOR="yellow"]SUPPORT OUR TROOPS[/COLOR][/U][/B][/CENTER]
[URL="http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1283292679-9a7df2f9eebd07dc48f628e4fb5cbc1881910fd4"]City Profile[/URL]
remery829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #168
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Two letters: TP

Oh, and an S&W .357 to cover my ***
MurdaJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #169
Josey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For all the posters who have baseball bats or any type of intended weapon, in the eyes of the law you’re in procession of a weapon no different than a firearm.
(if you ever show intent to use it as such)
So you’re intending to go arm with a inferior weapon. (Bringing a knife to a gun fight) Just go armed Permit or not, this is about your safety.
I suggest a permit though its no different than paying for any other of your rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer timatoe View Post
I prefer to make them bleed, then pepper spray 'em. Harder wash it out than off. :rofl: http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/timatoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeptheJeep View Post
Kyoseki, You would piss in the face of common sense just to be politically correct.
Josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #170
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey View Post
For all the posters who have baseball bats or any type of intended weapon, in the eyes of the law you’re in procession of a weapon no different than a firearm.
(if you ever show intent to use it as such)
So you’re intending to go arm with a inferior weapon. (Bringing a knife to a gun fight) Just go armed Permit or not, this is about your safety.
I suggest a permit though its no different than paying for any other of your rights.
I carry the baseball bat for baseball. Duh.... I have a CCW..my hunter's safety instructor was also my CCW instructor. I don't carry a gun when wheeling. Why would you? never made sense to me when I read about it on here. None of my friends carry when wheeling either as you will never need a gun.. It's like driving around with a parachute on because you might go over a cliff. Just pure 100% paranoia. I mean come on man, you're going to carry a gun? what are you so afraid of LMAO.
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #171
redshirtsniper
2002 TJ Wrangler 

H&K usp .45 fullsize. cor bon 165 plusP plus. 13rnds in it. usually at least 2 spare mags. wifes 9mm with 2 17 rnd back up mags. If we are goin to be by the reservation i have a rem 870 chopped with pistol grips with 12 rnds of oo or 6 slugs.
A lot of us carry back up magazines because if the weapon has a malfunction its easier and quicker to dump the mag, clear, and reload .
You can also contact your sec of state for carry permit info.
Both wife and I hace our permits.

i walked up on a meth lab a few years ago bowhunting. luckily no one was "cookin".
prob get a glock 20sf this summer..
I wish H&K made a 10mm
redshirtsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #172
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

S&W 3913 and 2 spare magazines loaded with Federal Hydra Shock +P's. My wife carries a Sig Sauer P230.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #173
Josey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I mean come on man, you're going to carry a gun? what are you so afraid of LMAO.
LOL Why would I be afraid?
I have a weapon a permit to carry it.

But I mostly carry it to ensure people only use Bats for baseball.
At least where I am involved.

Quote:
I prefer to make them bleed, then pepper spray 'em. Harder wash it out than off. :rofl: http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/timatoe
Quote:
Kyoseki, You would piss in the face of common sense just to be politically correct.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #174
reconvet88
1995 ZJ 

torque wrench no need for a gun lol
reconvet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #175
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
LOL Why would I be afraid?
I have a weapon a permit to carry it.

But I mostly carry it to ensure people only use Bats for baseball.
At least where I am involved.

I don't know what happened to you that led to this way of thinking. But I think it's dangerous for you and others, and only compounds your fear and anxiety rather than alleviate it in the long run. Unless you are actually just carrying because you think it's cool. And I know a lot of people like that.

ETA I am in training to be a game warden for the state of California and have learned a lot about people who carry in the last 2 years.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #176
reconvet88
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I don't know what happened to you that led to this way of thinking. But I think it's dangerous for you and others, and only compounds your fear and anxiety rather than alleviate it. Unless you are actually just carrying because you think it's cool. And I know a lot of people like that.
but it is cool
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #177
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconvet88 View Post
but it is cool
I understand people carrying because they like guns more than those who think they really need to carry them. And those people are less dangerous as well.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #178
Josey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know what happened to you that led to this way of thinking. But I think it's dangerous for you and others, and only compounds your fear and anxiety rather than alleviate it in the long run. Unless you are actually just carrying because you think it's cool. And I know a lot of people like that.

ETA I am in training to be a game warden for the state of California and have learned a lot about people who carry in the last 2 years.
You mean you learned they're freedom loving citizens who exercise our rights?
Or was you about to paint these/me people who pay taxes and pass backgrounds checks with some sort of broad tainted brush?

Just from your few sentences, I gather you're one who feels that only Government employees should have the right to be armed. Just guessing....

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #179
reconvet88
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I understand people carrying because they like guns more than those who think they really need to carry them. And those people are less dangerous as well.
i just really like guns. although i have none.
but if i did, i'd so totally call it a gat. and hold it sideways, and miss every shot.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #180
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You mean you learned they're freedom loving citizens who exercise our rights?
Or was you about to paint these/me people who pay taxes and pass backgrounds checks with some sort of broad tainted brush?

Just from your few sentences, I gather you're one who feels that only Government employees should have the right to be armed. Just guessing....
No, I believe anyone with or without a bad record can do stupid things when they're scared and over react. A conflict that would normally be resolved with words can lead to someone dead with little thinking.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.