what do i do when things arent going my way? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > what do i do when things arent going my way?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window Regulator

Closed Thread
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
OzzLee
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think we should stop criticizing the kid with out a bit more information.

First: What are your duties at the shop. For only being 18, I doubt you are a skilled and seasoned welder, and therefore would not qualify for top pay. I imagine you would be doing menial tasks (ie. organize and clean the shop, paperwork...etc). That's worth minimum wage ($7.25) in my parts. Doing the math, your weekly work of 12 hour days is worth around $600 after taxes. That is if you are actually on the books as an employee, which from what you say, I doubt you are. Being that you're not a legitimate part of the workforce, your dad can give you any amount of money he sees fit. You are practically slave labor. Though you should be happy, my parents never paid me anything for my labor in remodeling the house and other projects they did.

Now, what about all the things the other forum members posted. Do your parents pay for your food, the roof over your head, laundry services...etc. I imagine they do. In my tiny-hole-in-the-wall apartment, I have about $1,000 worth of monthly bills. That doesn't include heat, cable, car payment, water, sewage, garbage and cash left over to have fun with. Try offering to help pay for the monthly bills if you want paid more for your work. Or go find a legitimate job. Though I would wish you luck finding something that isn't part time for just the summer. $7.25 x 30 hours a week less taxes over the 2 months of summer = $1,392. Hey! You'd be a hole $92 bucks ahead and have all that free time you wanted....oh wait....I spend over $100 in gas a month and my job is only a mile and a half away. You'd actually be $8 in the hole. But you'd have free time to sit around and not go out with your friends.

Oh, and about losing all your muscle....you work in a welding shop. I've been in welding shops. There are plenty of heavy things to pick up repetitively!

Welcome to the real world kid. I wish you much luck!

Unread 07-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
JWBooth
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Oh shut the **** up ***.

You have no room to judge you racist prick.
Uhm... I'm not picking up anything racially charged here... What am I missing???

And, dude, WTF is your Jeep doing in Mexico????
**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
JWBooth
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
Cry me a river, build a bridge and get the **** over it. Life isn't easy. You are alive and have more than 99% of the world. You are going to college in the fall. Do you know how many people would love to be in your position? For Christ sake, there will be plenty of ***** there to chase. NEvermind that this other girl you liked is already ****ing Jody. My first year out of high school was spent in boot camp, infantry school and invading Iraq. You want some real issues to cry about? How about guys who never made it home or who left limbs on the battlefield.
And this... aaaaah yes..... this response is pure poetry, brother. My sincerest gratitude and thanks for your service to our Country. If you're ever down around Owensboro, hit me up, I'd be proud to buy you a cold beer. Or 10.
-JDub
**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
Uhm... I'm not picking up anything racially charged here... What am I missing???

Stupid **** that happened with him and another member a while back. Long story. I just like holding it over his head when he tries to troll me.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #20
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post

my dad is an angus rancher with large ranches in mexico, he bought the jeep to ride around on his land
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #21
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

i get it, it could be worse
man yall have no sympathy lol
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeepyall View Post
i get it, it could be worse
man yall have no sympathy lol
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

your link didnt work.
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #24
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
Cry me a river, build a bridge and get the **** over it. Life isn't easy. You are alive and have more than 99% of the world. You are going to college in the fall. Do you know how many people would love to be in your position? For Christ sake, there will be plenty of ***** there to chase. NEvermind that this other girl you liked is already ****ing Jody. My first year out of high school was spent in boot camp, infantry school and invading Iraq. You want some real issues to cry about? How about guys who never made it home or who left limbs on the battlefield.
im going to college because i worked my *** for athletic and academic scholarships, its not my fault they sent your *** to boot camp. and my respect for anybody in the military, but thats kind of what you signed up for. people who sign up know the pay and know the risk. even tho i dont pay rent, doesnt mean i dont have my own expenses. i have college **** to pay for that my financial aid and scholarships dont cover, and daddy wants to pay Jr. 100 bucks a month for working with him every day
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #25
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

Quote:
whatever al sharpton , you dont have a leg to stand on so stick to your stand by

crutch >how to win any argument

wtf are yall talking about
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #26
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

and to answer some of yalls questions, i live in a guest house, about 200m away from my parents house. its a 1 bed 1 bath house with a small kitchen, i dont pay rent but i pay for utilities such as water, gas, etc. since i live on my own, i pretty much buy everything for myself- food and such. i dont think yall get it, i cant quit
if i quit, ill get thrown out. no jeep. no help for texas state. no house. i dont have any family here in Texas, or friends with parents willing to take in a grown as kid. im being forced to work for about 100 bucks a month, all while paying utility and college things. dont tell me you wouldnt feel helpless either.
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #27
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

so you work the summer ? bfd .

sounds like you're getting a good life handed to you .

want to know what i did at your age ?

i butchered meat on a line at breakneck pace and 20*f for $9 an hour and have carpal tunnel , tennis elbow , 3 crushed disks , a torn rotator , and bursitis in most of my joints from it

going in there i had heart defects + damage and all 4 collar joints had been busted and my right shoulder is perma dislocated

so yeah cry me a ****ing river
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so you work the summer ? bfd .

sounds like you're getting a good life handed to you .

want to know what i did at your age ?

i butchered meat on a line at breakneck pace and 20*f for $9 an hour and have carpal tunnel , tennis elbow , 3 crushed disks , a torn rotator , and bursitis in most of my joints from it

going in there i had heart defects + damage and all 4 collar joints had been busted and my right shoulder is perma dislocated

so yeah cry me a ****ing river
Butcherin meat did all that ****? God damn man. I know working on cars kills you but butchering is the last job I would have expected to do it lol.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Roll with the punches and pray.

Even if you were a six figure citizen, you would still likely have financial issues. Keep your head up and always do the moral/ethical thing. It may not seem much at the time, but you will thank yourself later.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Butcherin meat did all that ****? God damn man. I know working on cars kills you but butchering is the last job I would have expected to do it lol.
my job had a 99% turnover rate

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.