what do i do when things arent going my way? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > what do i do when things arent going my way?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Closed Thread
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
TexasJeepyall
CJ5 

what do i do when things arent going my way?

whatsup jeepforum.
as of lately, i havent been too lucky and idk what to do anymore...
i've worked all summer at my dads welding shop.
ALL
SUMMER

EVERY

DAY

even sundays

from 8 am to 8-9 pm...
and he only gave me 300 bucks...when i questioned why so little he said

im gonna spend more than 1,000 bringing your jeep from mexico

well i spend 100 on my phone bill and 150 on a mandatory Meningitis vaccine for texas state... there goes all my money

since i worked every day, i couldnt workout anymore... i went from a solid 181 lbs of muscle to a pathetic 159 lbs... people keep reminding me how skinny i got and i hate it... and to make things worse, since i worked so much, the girl i was talking to left me because of loss of interest... and to make things worse, i dont see myself driving the jeep anytime soon...some advice is needed please..

TexasJeepyall is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
nwiTJdave

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get the **** over it. Life isn't easy. You are alive and have more than 99% of the world. You are going to college in the fall. Do you know how many people would love to be in your position? For Christ sake, there will be plenty of ***** there to chase. NEvermind that this other girl you liked is already ****ing Jody. My first year out of high school was spent in boot camp, infantry school and invading Iraq. You want some real issues to cry about? How about guys who never made it home or who left limbs on the battlefield.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
Cry me a river, build a bridge and get the **** over it. Life isn't easy. You are alive and have more than 99% of the world. You are going to college in the fall. Do you know how many people would love to be in your position? For Christ sake, there will be plenty of ***** there to chase. NEvermind that this other girl you liked is already ****ing Jody. My first year out of high school was spent in boot camp, infantry school and invading Iraq. You want some real issues to cry about? How about guys who never made it home or who left limbs on the battlefield.
I was gonna reply in about the same manner but yours beats mine.

Out of high school I moved out on my own, out of town (only 2hrs away though) went to college on a puny scholarship, full time school schedule and worked nights to pay for everything else. The commute to school was almost 50 miles one way too. I paid for all school, living expenses, bills, rents, tools, insurance, car repairs, food, tuition, and all the other BS. I had nothing to complain about at the time.

I was a broke azz kid, going to school, working and making ends meet. I didnt know what I was going to do the next day but I woke up every morning and did it all over again. Now I am pretty happy with my life, have a good job, family and cant think of anything I would have done different....well maybe a couple of things.
jnicewan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's your first lesson in business- You aren't special. There are a hundred people that can do what you are doing and probably better.

Don't like that job? Quit. It's not as though you'll be losing much.

What's that you say? It's you Dad's shop and you can't quit or he'll throw you out of the house? So in addition to 1300 for pay and a jeep you've got Food, shelter, and likely medical coverage? Then move out and enjoy paying rent, utilities, and food bills.

Life'a tough kid. Get used to it.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First question is, did you learn anything this summer?

Money will come and go over you lifetime but the lessons that you learn, especially from your pops, will stick around.
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not to be an ***,but I agree with the above posts,welcome to the real world I bust my but sometimes 60-70 hours a week pay my bills have uncle Obama take his share of my pay and really don't have much left for myself,but I have a roof over my head and food in my belly and enough left over for beer and if I'm Lucky jeep parts. If you not like your situation change it.
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Do you live under your Mommy and Daddy's roof?
Do you pay any of the utility bills?
Do you eat your Mommy and Daddy's food?
Do you drive your Mommy and Daddy's vehicles?
Do Mommy and Daddy pay for your insurance?
Do Mommy and Daddy pay for the gas when you use thier cars?
Do Mommy and Daddy buy your clothes? (Like that Goofy-Hat)
Do Mommy and Daddy pay for your School? Tuiition? Room? Meals? Books?
Do your Mommy and Daddy pay for all of your insuance; life, health, dental, auto...?
Do you do your own laundry, or does Mommy do that for you?
Do you do it at Mommy and Daddy's house?
Do you pay your own taxes or does Mommy and Daddy pay you cash and they pay the taxes?
Who bought the sheets you sleep on?
Who bought the bed you sleep in?
Who bought the computer you used to post this?
Who pays for the internet access?
Who buys the toilet paper you wipe your whinney butt with?

Grow up Sonny-boy...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

He's paying you regardless and you're living rent free. Get over it. I still live with my parents since we just moved a month ago and I couldn't afford to stay in MD. I still pay my bills and for food, with no job. They will pay for food occasionally but I don't ask for it. Once I find a new job I'm out of that house asap. Be grateful for what you have.
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

hahaha i was right ^

also , stfu or gtfo o.p.
970001zj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #10
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
hahaha i was right ^

also , stfu or gtfo o.p.
Oh shut the **** up ***.

You have no room to judge you racist prick.
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Oh shut the **** up ***.

You have no room to judge you racist prick.
whatever al sharpton , you dont have a leg to stand on so stick to your stand by

crutch >how to win any argument
970001zj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Join the military....then you can complain about how hard everything is. Imagine working from 5AM to 10-11PM and being too tired to even drive so you have to sleep on the ship and do it all over again everyday and just hope you get sunday off to spend time with your family.
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

whatever al sharpton , you dont have a leg to stand on so stick to your stand by

crutch >how to win any argument
we may disagree on a lot of **** but that's pretty funny right there.
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't think this thread went the way he expected it to go.

Someday, you will look back on this time with fond memories of all the things you learned that have served you well during the course of your life.

A man is not judged by what he complains about, but by what he does without complaint.

And don't worry about the girl. If she left you over this, she's not worth keeping and you are better off without her. Download Garth Brook's song "Unanswered Prayers", young grasshopper.
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The lesson your dad is teaching you is priceless.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.