JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   what do i do when things arent going my way? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/what-do-i-do-when-things-arent-going-my-way-1554152/)

TexasJeepyall 07-26-2013 09:27 PM

what do i do when things arent going my way?

whatsup jeepforum.
as of lately, i havent been too lucky and idk what to do anymore...
i've worked all summer at my dads welding shop.
ALL
SUMMER

EVERY

DAY

even sundays

from 8 am to 8-9 pm...
and he only gave me 300 bucks...when i questioned why so little he said

im gonna spend more than 1,000 bringing your jeep from mexico

well i spend 100 on my phone bill and 150 on a mandatory Meningitis vaccine for texas state... there goes all my money

since i worked every day, i couldnt workout anymore... i went from a solid 181 lbs of muscle to a pathetic 159 lbs... people keep reminding me how skinny i got and i hate it... and to make things worse, since i worked so much, the girl i was talking to left me because of loss of interest... and to make things worse, i dont see myself driving the jeep anytime soon...some advice is needed please..

nwiTJdave 07-26-2013 10:51 PM

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get the **** over it. Life isn't easy. You are alive and have more than 99% of the world. You are going to college in the fall. Do you know how many people would love to be in your position? For Christ sake, there will be plenty of ***** there to chase. NEvermind that this other girl you liked is already ****ing Jody. My first year out of high school was spent in boot camp, infantry school and invading Iraq. You want some real issues to cry about? How about guys who never made it home or who left limbs on the battlefield.

jnicewan 07-27-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwiTJdave (Post 15723489)
Cry me a river, build a bridge and get the **** over it. Life isn't easy. You are alive and have more than 99% of the world. You are going to college in the fall. Do you know how many people would love to be in your position? For Christ sake, there will be plenty of ***** there to chase. NEvermind that this other girl you liked is already ****ing Jody. My first year out of high school was spent in boot camp, infantry school and invading Iraq. You want some real issues to cry about? How about guys who never made it home or who left limbs on the battlefield.

I was gonna reply in about the same manner but yours beats mine.

Out of high school I moved out on my own, out of town (only 2hrs away though) went to college on a puny scholarship, full time school schedule and worked nights to pay for everything else. The commute to school was almost 50 miles one way too. I paid for all school, living expenses, bills, rents, tools, insurance, car repairs, food, tuition, and all the other BS. I had nothing to complain about at the time.

I was a broke azz kid, going to school, working and making ends meet. I didnt know what I was going to do the next day but I woke up every morning and did it all over again. Now I am pretty happy with my life, have a good job, family and cant think of anything I would have done different....well maybe a couple of things.

0IIIIIII0 07-27-2013 08:20 AM

Here's your first lesson in business- You aren't special. There are a hundred people that can do what you are doing and probably better.

Don't like that job? Quit. It's not as though you'll be losing much.

What's that you say? It's you Dad's shop and you can't quit or he'll throw you out of the house? So in addition to 1300 for pay and a jeep you've got Food, shelter, and likely medical coverage? Then move out and enjoy paying rent, utilities, and food bills.

Life'a tough kid. Get used to it.

Sent from my TJ

91YJ4X4 07-27-2013 08:32 AM

First question is, did you learn anything this summer?

Money will come and go over you lifetime but the lessons that you learn, especially from your pops, will stick around.

98muddyjeep 07-27-2013 08:52 AM

Not to be an ***,but I agree with the above posts,welcome to the real world I bust my but sometimes 60-70 hours a week pay my bills have uncle Obama take his share of my pay and really don't have much left for myself,but I have a roof over my head and food in my belly and enough left over for beer and if I'm Lucky jeep parts. If you not like your situation change it.

Cause 07-27-2013 04:47 PM

Do you live under your Mommy and Daddy's roof?
Do you pay any of the utility bills?
Do you eat your Mommy and Daddy's food?
Do you drive your Mommy and Daddy's vehicles?
Do Mommy and Daddy pay for your insurance?
Do Mommy and Daddy pay for the gas when you use thier cars?
Do Mommy and Daddy buy your clothes? (Like that Goofy-Hat)
Do Mommy and Daddy pay for your School? Tuiition? Room? Meals? Books?
Do your Mommy and Daddy pay for all of your insuance; life, health, dental, auto...?
Do you do your own laundry, or does Mommy do that for you?
Do you do it at Mommy and Daddy's house?
Do you pay your own taxes or does Mommy and Daddy pay you cash and they pay the taxes?
Who bought the sheets you sleep on?
Who bought the bed you sleep in?
Who bought the computer you used to post this?
Who pays for the internet access?
Who buys the toilet paper you wipe your whinney butt with?

Grow up Sonny-boy...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006_Sport 07-27-2013 05:13 PM

He's paying you regardless and you're living rent free. Get over it. I still live with my parents since we just moved a month ago and I couldn't afford to stay in MD. I still pay my bills and for food, with no job. They will pay for food occasionally but I don't ask for it. Once I find a new job I'm out of that house asap. Be grateful for what you have.

970001zj 07-29-2013 12:39 AM

hahaha i was right ^

also , stfu or gtfo o.p.

2006_Sport 07-29-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 970001zj (Post 15730169)
hahaha i was right ^

also , stfu or gtfo o.p.

Oh shut the **** up ***.

You have no room to judge you racist prick.

970001zj 07-29-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006_Sport (Post 15731063)
Oh shut the **** up ***.

You have no room to judge you racist prick.

whatever al sharpton , you dont have a leg to stand on so stick to your stand by

crutch >how to win any argument

Jeepforthewin 07-29-2013 10:51 AM

Join the military....then you can complain about how hard everything is. Imagine working from 5AM to 10-11PM and being too tired to even drive so you have to sleep on the ship and do it all over again everyday and just hope you get sunday off to spend time with your family.

2006_Sport 07-29-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 970001zj (Post 15731282)

whatever al sharpton , you dont have a leg to stand on so stick to your stand by

crutch >how to win any argument

:rofl: we may disagree on a lot of **** but that's pretty funny right there.

Burlbook48 07-29-2013 11:08 AM

I don't think this thread went the way he expected it to go.:laugh:

Someday, you will look back on this time with fond memories of all the things you learned that have served you well during the course of your life.

A man is not judged by what he complains about, but by what he does without complaint.

And don't worry about the girl. If she left you over this, she's not worth keeping and you are better off without her. Download Garth Brook's song "Unanswered Prayers", young grasshopper.

FourbyFour 07-29-2013 11:11 AM

The lesson your dad is teaching you is priceless.

The time now is 07:02 AM.