Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What constitutes "REAL Wheeling?"

9K views 76 replies 61 participants last post by  Mymmars 
#1 ·
after reading What constitutes a "REAL jeep?" I want to know what constitutes "REAL wheeling" to you,

To me, at some point you fully flex the suspension and scare yourself and your passenger or your spotter at some point in the trail, dents show proof

#4 · (Edited)
real wheeling is when you go to an offroad park for het day or weekend and break things that you cannot afford to replace. You bring all the hamburger meat and alcohol you can afford, set up tents in the middle of the woods and chill for the weekend with your friends/ girlfriends. Then your social life/ relationships/ schoolwork suffers as a result ..... oh wait, thats just me :D

#44 ·
Not rediculous, just a foreign concept to those of us in the wide open west.

I see it like ski resorts...an established park can offer awesome terrain and great trails, an awesome experience...but there's just something about being in the backcountry.
Not rediculous!
Like LandRover said, it's just funny. I've got the rubicon an hour away, and hundreds, if not thousands of miles of open mountains and OHV areas to go play in within 10 minutes of my house
Just wondering who "owns" the land your wheeling on? As the other guys have said it's strange for us NOT to have to pay to ride in most places. I could go mudding in all kinds of places,, as long as I didn't get caught,,, because then it's trespassing and destruction of private property and gives us a bad name. Even some of the public land is controlled by a forestry department and you pay to ride but the money goes to land management and upkeep of the trails. The fees are usually not much, $10-30 a day or weekend but most of the time we DO pay or risk using private property.

#11 ·
hkusp40 said:
having to use 4wd....
Lots of days I have to use 4wd drive just to get out of my drive way and to work...so I wheel to work?

#15 ·
HeavyMetal said:
:dunno: why is that so ridiculous?

I see it like ski resorts...an established park can offer awesome terrain and great trails, an awesome experience...but there's just something about being in the backcountry.

#16 ·
LandRover said:
no need to rub it in......:rofl:

bastards!

#17 ·
Did I tell you about all the times I've left my house on the dirt bike and ridden for several hours into the woods without seeing a single other person?

:laugh:

#18 ·
No........ but it's ok we can now be friends after seeing your avatar just now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#19 ·
To me real wheeling = low range, locked, as few as 2 tires on terra firma at any given time, having to think 2 or 3 obstacles ahead of the one your currently negotiating, and of course pucker factor.

#20 ·
Essentially needing 4WD on something a little more difficult to traverse than a washed out dirt road.

#21 ·
kiksroks said:
To me real wheeling = low range, locked, as few as 2 tires on terra firma at any given time, having to think 2 or 3 obstacles ahead of the one your currently negotiating, and of course pucker factor.
Wheeling to work would be stressful under those conditions. :laugh:

#22 ·
To me it is just getting the heck out of Dodge, whether it's the desert or the mountains, rocks or mud. Just get out there and get dirty, break something and laugh about it. My buddy thinks he needs every accesory on his Jeep to enjoy it and I enjoy making him look like a ******. Good times

#24 ·
a real jeep is one that will drive you hundreds of miles to the trail, take all the hell you can give it, break nothing important, drive you home, then bring you to work the next day.

real wheeling includes being on the edge of getting stuck, wether in rocks, boulders, or mud, but almost always you will pull through.

#52 ·
a real jeep is one that will drive you hundreds of miles to the trail, take all the hell you can give it, break nothing important, drive you home, then bring you to work the next day.

real wheeling includes being on the edge of getting stuck, wether in rocks, boulders, or mud, but almost always you will pull through.
Even when you're 800 miles from home! :cheers2:

#26 ·
HeavyMetal said:
:dunno: why is that so ridiculous?
Not rediculous!
Like LandRover said, it's just funny. I've got the rubicon an hour away, and hundreds, if not thousands of miles of open mountains and OHV areas to go play in within 10 minutes of my house

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.