went to register my brand new jeep...it was already registered - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > went to register my brand new jeep...it was already registered

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why did it take take long to go register it? I know if it is the dealers/jeep's fault but I bet this would have been taken care of if you had registered it before the other person.

Unread 11-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The other dealer is in a heap of trouble. They are supposed to double check the VIN physically BEFORE they process the paperwork. Your dealer did.
If there is any legal actions to be done it is by the other owner since he has been driving an illegal vehicle for however long. The other dealer is looking at losing it's access to DMV processing, which will hurt their business pretty bad.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #18
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
The other dealer is in a heap of trouble. They are supposed to double check the VIN physically BEFORE they process the paperwork. Your dealer did.
If there is any legal actions to be done it is by the other owner since he has been driving an illegal vehicle for however long. The other dealer is looking at losing it's access to DMV processing, which will hurt their business pretty bad.
There is no other dealer - re-read the original post. There is one dealer involved and someone in the back room that processes sales paperwork made a mistake and gave another customer some paperwork with the same VIN as the OP. The other customer got to their DMV office first.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #19
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Then the single dealer is in trouble. I asked my neighbor (state police)what would happen if he found a titled car with a different VIN. He said if he was given the reason to suspect a person of doing something bad enough to check the VIN and found the title and actual vehicle didn't match he would immediately detain and impound.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.