Wanted to say "so long" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Wanted to say "so long"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
amp77

Wanted to say "so long"

Hey guys,

I figured I'd sign off (for now anyways), because I got rid of the Rubicon. I'd done quite a bit of work to it, and spent more than I'd like to mention...

I guess I just had the urge for the need for speed again - so I resorted to what's worked in the past. I bought another mustang (08 GT). The stealership stole the Jeep from me of course, but I'm excited about the new ride, and have already started the mods with less than 100 miles on the clock.

I wanted to say thanks to all of you for the great help with everything during my brief but enjoyable Wrangler experience. This is really a great forum, and I mean that - I've been on all kinds since I've had all kinds of cars/ trucks. This is a great place... I'll miss it!

Aaron

amp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
Xlr8n
1986 TJ Wrangler 

Well, sometimes you just gotta follow your heart. That sure was a damn nice looking Rubi you had there. I'd say I hope the dealer didn't bend you over too far, but by looking at all the nice goodies you had on it, I'm guessing they didn't even kiss you first. Good luck on the 'stang and keep the rubber side down.
Xlr8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im sure that time will permit you to again enjoy the wonderful life of 4wheeling, but yea those mustangs are great, congrats, just watch out for the cops

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
ThUmPeRcOn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Aaron I am not on here as much as I would like to be. But your Jeep is one of the first I noticed and to be honest it was my desktop jeep on my pc for quite awhile Great rig you built! I am sure you will miss it a bit. My 03' Rubicon is still 99% stock as I just cant swing the lift right now with my fiance in college and getting laid off work back in October. But hey enjoy the Mustang! I am sure with your fab skills etc... It will be a nice ride!and Happy Trails!
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, I understand the need for some Deeetroit horsepower.....but you can still hang out and give us your two cents from experience. Stick around....you seem like a good contibuter(sp) and there is no reason for you not to visit us still......if not, enjoy the mustand (and let me know when you giving rides for the speed of it.lol)

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Mike
oooh you almost had it

You'll be back
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF-13CPO
You'll be back
they always come back....

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
06WhiteRubi
06 R U B I C O N LJ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Aaron, what kind of rear tire carrier did yo have on the RUBI? It looks like a jeeperman but i cant tell from the pic? thx

LJ OWNERS Club Member #34
ARKANSAS JEEPS Club Member #21
CHRISTIAN JEEP CLUB Member #108
06WhiteRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

if they stole it from you why would you not sell it privately then go buy the 'stang (which is a poor choice to satisfy your need for speed might i add :P)
fish4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
.Jch.
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WhiteRubi
Aaron, what kind of rear tire carrier did yo have on the RUBI? It looks like a jeeperman but i cant tell from the pic? thx
Its the warn bumper, you can see the cut outs.
[U]OllllllllO[/U][/B]
[SIZE="1"]2006 Unlimited[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE]
[center][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #2006
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/LJ_Owners"]LJ Owners, join the group and click here.[/URL][/B][/center]
.Jch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
Chris @ GATR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thats just what the streetcar community needs................another Rustang.
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
valacech
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #13
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ive seen your Jeep at the Ford dealer on Southern Artery. I wanted to stop and see how much they are selling it for. I wish I knew you were selling, we could of worked on a deal for some of your stuff.
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #14
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would have gotten a car that could corner too! Straightline is okay, but twisties is where it is at!

I sold my performance car (05 BMW 6 series) and actually got a truck (Avalanche). It makes more sense for now, but I suspect when I get the itch for a fast car again, I'll be looking at the latest BMW offerings and a Corvette.

The Jeep will only leave if I give it to my son. It stays and my wife knows it.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #15
Guitarhead09
2001 TJ Wrangler 

youll be back, post a pic of the GT!!
Guitarhead09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.