Want AEV Windshield Decal... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Want AEV Windshield Decal...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-18-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
dberkley

Want AEV Windshield Decal...

Anyone know where I can pick one up at?! Thanks

OE Rubicon Flares and Rockers
IPF H4 headlamps w/ IPF Fat Boy bulbs
31" MTR on Ravine 15"
dberkley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Buying their products may help. They may throw one in if you ask nicely
TQ_xvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:57 AM   #3
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

It may only be available on purchasing at least a majority of their accessories... i.e. rims hood rockers and ARB bumper... maybe even a suspension system they "approve" of.

If you wanted to put their brand name on a Jeep with sub-standard suspension parts and so on, they might view it as watering down their brand...
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:23 AM   #4
dave-o

it would still be advertisement and profit for selling a sticker- i'm sure they would sell you a sticker.
dave-o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 07:24 AM   #5
jeephreak

it might be infringment of sorts, but im sure you could go to a print shop and have a vinyl sticker made up for yourself...

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch
jeephreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-o
it would still be advertisement and profit for selling a sticker- i'm sure they would sell you a sticker.
Well if I was at the point AEV is as far as reputation, there is more at stake than a little bit of advertising and maybe $3 profit.

If I had AEV's reputation, I wouldn't sell a sticker to someone not knowing what condition or configuration their vehicle is in... Their Jeeps are regarded as some of the nicest built, best performing daily-driver / expedition Jeeps money can buy... so why would they want their sticker on a Jeep running sub-standard components.

And that aside, an AEV window decal without any AEV products on the Jeep is just as bad as the ricer crowd. If you don't have the product, don't pretend to.

The decal placement and design sure is nice though...
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:40 PM   #7
Agar426
1974 CJ6 

I tend to agree with Oman...I don't think they will sell one just to sell one. I've got one of their vehicles (and yes, it does have the windshield decal), and I asked for a decal to go on the side of the vehicle where the Jeep logo is at behind the front wheel. They wouldn't do it....they said they reserve that decal for vehicles that have custom paint jobs. Factory paint jobs only got the window decal, wheel decals, and decals on the rocker guards. They did however embroider their logo into the factory seat covers while they were torn apart for the seat heaters....although you can't see it due to the wet okole's covering them up....which also have the AEV logo screen printed on it.

When I spoke to them in person out in Moab, they definitely put across the impression that they don't like having their name on anything they didn't put together themselves. They didn't come across like jerks about it...just matter of fact.
Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:59 PM   #8
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agar426
When I spoke to them in person out in Moab, they definitely put across the impression that they don't like having their name on anything they didn't put together themselves. They didn't come across like jerks about it...just matter of fact.
Seems in line with what I would expect. If you're trying to be the best of the best, then you only want your name associated with the work you do. I think if they let their name be placed on any old Jeep, they would lose the exotic edge that they have at the moment.

On the other hand if you asked Skyjacker for some stickers they'd probably send you a whole bunch and some red touch up paint j/k
Unread 07-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
Reno4x4.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberkley
Anyone know where I can pick one up at?! Thanks
no, but I can sell you a "Type R" sticker.

why do you want one anyways?
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #10
dberkley

I appreciate the responses...all very good points, and I agree with AEV if that is their point of view; and they have every reservation to. Thanks everyone!
OE Rubicon Flares and Rockers
IPF H4 headlamps w/ IPF Fat Boy bulbs
31" MTR on Ravine 15"
dberkley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #11
ProfessorCRX
Web Wheeler

Yep. I'd say AEV is a whole different beast. Putting an AEV decal on any jeep is like putting a jeep decal on an h2. It doesn't belong there. You're not fooling anybody.
ProfessorCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #12
Agar426
1974 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanjeep
I'll tell you what I want, since we're demanding things here. I want to see pictures of this beast they built for you.
I can't....it won't let me post attachments.....
Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #13
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agar426
I can't....it won't let me post attachments.....
Put em on www.photobucket.com with a free account and use the yellow icon with the mountain to link it.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Joeinkc
1999 WJ 

Nope....

I bought an AEV 4.5 lift for my 2013 jk... Not a single decal in any box. Lol how chincy 2500 kit at that.
Joeinkc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
Hurley91

It's a pretty basic decal. Just find a shop near you that can make a decal for you.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.