Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

~ The Walking Dead ~

9K views 141 replies 64 participants last post by  DJs99TJ 
#1 ·
I did a search and didn't find anything on it here.

Anybody else watching this?
It's on tonite and it's a pretty good show.
They got picked up for a second season already.

#22 ·
best concept for a tv show in a while.
Excellent show, one of my favorites thus far. Just hope they don't ruin it, like every other good show.
Haha i saw this too.

Great show. At the end of every episode, i keep wishing they were 2 hours long each instead of 1 :laugh:
Ya, it seems kinda cheesy that they keep passing all these HMMVS and tanks and nice vehicles and not grabbing any of them, or the guns the soldiers dropped.
All of this, this is the first show I've actually watched every week on time.

It sucks the seasons over next week.

#9 ·
I think that's the point. The comic books evolved into a darker story that is more of an analysis of the evils of the living when placed in a seemingly inescapable predicament. The zombie apocalypse is really just a back drop.

As a side note, I would appreciate more zombie action. However, I am familiar with the original story and fully understand the reasons for sticking to it. I am confident with the unexpected success the show has received, the new 13 episodes will have better special effects and more action.

#10 ·
absolutely love this show.

and I agree there could be a bit more action, I mean,

~SPOILER ALERT~

driving 100 miles to the CDC compound would yield some interesting things, yet they just zipped straight to the CDC compound :( boo.

can't wait for season 2 though.

#12 ·
~SPOILER ALERT~

It wasn't 100 miles. The CDC center is outside of Atlanta. Fort Benning is 100 miles away, that was the other option.

Also, did anyone else notice that they never fixed the RV? It was broken (and the reason they stopped) then they just drove away.

I can't believe the season is almost over. This is the only show I watch on television anymore. I wonder if they will tie up all the loose ends now, or wait until next season? Should be pretty exciting. I just hope it doesn't get drawn out too much.

#15 ·
Love this show! It's by far the best show on TV right now and I'm disappointed that the season is over already next week. I heard that Season 2 doesn't start until the same time Season 1 did but it'll be 13 episodes long. There's been a few WTF moments like when they didn't fix the RV and when the people just stand there and let the zombies bite them but other than that it's been an awesome show. I'm still curious how the outbreak started, how it spread, and how it traveled overseas.

#16 ·
The other cop took the YJ into the gas station to get parts for the RV. They just didn't show the repair job.

Is anybody else on here entering the contest? It would be really cool if somebody here on the forum got the walk on part.
Tonite's code word: cadaver
Log on to amcdead.com and enter before 6am est. I want to enter my kids because they like the show too but you have to be 21 to enter.

I don't think they want to turn the series into a zombie killing show like Zombieland. But some boobie traps or early warning trip lines would have been a good idea around that camp site.
Me I'd be converting an M109 with a box from an armored car on the back converted to a camper to be living in. Those things will run on rabbit urine.
But, the show is pretty well acted and the story line is enough to keep you pretty interested. Just too many commercials for me.

#19 ·
Yup, I've been watching it, too. But I've yet to figure out why they only drive around in junk cars, vans and RV's and such, when there are all those tanks sitting around. :confused: Seems like you could blow up a crap load of Zombies with a tank. ;) And how did the Zombies get inside the tanks in the first place to kill the soldiers? You'd think that would be purdy hard? :p
Still a good show, though, so far.
And like one other post pointed out, it sure did'nt take the wifey very long to get over her hubby and get it on with his best friend. :shhh: That was a bit much. I suppose now they will have to let him find out later so they can have the two of them duke it out! :teehee:

#20 ·
Ya, it seems kinda cheesy that they keep passing all these HMMVS and tanks and nice vehicles and not grabbing any of them, or the guns the soldiers dropped.

#21 ·
I would think that most of the vehicles that they are passing and seeing were left running at the time the drivers were attacked. So probably sat there and ran out of gas.

Not to say they could get some gas into a couple of them.

But how much time do you have to do this stuff when a hoard of zombies is right on you...

And I would think that any ammo would have been used up before being eaten, Thus the reason they didnt last. Although scavenging each body that is NOT a zombie might not be worth th couple rounds you find, all while trying to avoid the hoard of zombies....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.