The Useless-Information-About-You thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The Useless-Information-About-You thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 11-28-2005, 04:15 AM   #76
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldejackyl
I want to steal a "radar controlled" or "police monitored" sign from under one of the local speed limit signs. I guess I'll find out really quick if they are really watching or not.
just take the whole "this is your speed" setup. My buddy did it once and i laughed real hard seeing it in his living room.

Best sign we ever stole was a neighborhood watch sign. irony at its best

Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 04:26 AM   #77
XJIceQueen98

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I had never seen the Wizard of Oz until my one friend's sweet sixteen party...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon
if you think you're "normal" just because a majority of the posters on jeepforum agree with you...then you REALLY have issues...:D :D
XJIceQueen98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 04:47 AM   #78
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrem04
JF and System of a Down's new cd are hindering me from writing my paper. I have 1 paragraph finished. Oh, and I'm pissed the Seattle won.
I just wrote a paper on the history of jeeps, that way wasting time on JF would also make me feel like I am productive.
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:45 AM   #79
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raab3485
How did you get patents in your knee? I bet that hurt.

meh, patents are small. I bet i could get 3-4 more in there easy.

patent 1: spring-loaded fishing pole caster/hook setting/ customizable reel location "fishing chair" for the disabled... dubbed 'Fish Catcher 3000'

patent 2: luxury car seat/power window parts attached to a swivel chair, holding a rifle rest, allowing disabled person to aim/shoot a gun... dubbed 'The Turret' . My little brother killed 3 deer with it.

lj
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:29 AM   #80
harleysilo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

We need pics of those LJ!

While on a hiatus from college (3 years long one) I had keys to over 800 peoples homes, and I went in them all the time.
harleysilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:47 AM   #81
trailblaze
2004 WJ 

i like whiskey and women.........and i want to start a colony of my own deep in the mountains and live off the land so i never have to go to work all day just to keep up in this rat race of a life
Unread 11-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #82
jbrem
2005 WK 

My roommate (and longtime friend) and I stole several signs this summer in preparation for our apartment, including a "Welcome to Cottage Grove: Population 8,045", and my favorite, one of those big yellow diamond shaped caution signs, and this one has a COW on it...it was priceless. That was interesting trying to unscrew it from the 8 foot tall wood post. It's hanging on the wall by our tv right now .
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #83
wyldejackyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrem04
My roommate (and longtime friend) and I stole several signs this summer in preparation for our apartment, including a "Welcome to Cottage Grove: Population 8,045", and my favorite, one of those big yellow diamond shaped caution signs, and this one has a COW on it...it was priceless. That was interesting trying to unscrew it from the 8 foot tall wood post. It's hanging on the wall by our tv right now .
Glad I'm not the only one that sometimes collects "memorabilia" of this nature. I hear Route 69 in Indiana is a popular place to have signs go missing. I wouldn't be surprised if they bend the bolts or tack the nuts on. You can buy those signs from the city for like $75/each, but I'll bet it's around $3 to make one.
55/100W H4 Hella headlamp conversion w/ dual relays
wyldejackyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 09:36 AM   #84
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

We have those cow signs everywhere around here. Open range warnings....

My favorites are the ones with the dude on a tractor. We have those too...

Useless info about me? I ride my bike 5 and a half miles to work every day. No matter what, unless the road's completely iced over. It was 17 degrees this morning and I was on my bike. People think I don't have a car.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #85
FlyersFan2009

I didn't realize until a few years ago that when you zip up your zipper you're supposed to flip the tab down so it locks it and your fly doesn't unzip on it's own.

I consider myself in the "know" now.
FlyersFan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 10:00 AM   #86
Sugarfuzz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJIceQueen98
I had never seen the Wizard of Oz until my one friend's sweet sixteen party...
I have never seen the Wizard of Oz.
Sugarfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #87
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kopczyk
I didn't realize until a few years ago that when you zip up your zipper you're supposed to flip the tab down so it locks it and your fly doesn't unzip on it's own.

I consider myself in the "know" now.
I didn't know until this post that the tab on the zipper functioned as a lock (although I've always flipped the tab down). I too am now in the know...thanks, Jon!
Unread 11-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #88
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Since everyone is talking about the signs they've stolen, I'll pipe in.

First sign: "Stop Ahead" sign that fell down, I felt that since it was already useless nobody would miss it.

2nd sign: Somebody hit a stopsign at a major intersection somewhat out in the country. They put up a temp sign, but left the original laying in the ditch. A friend of mine snuck out there, dressed in black and took the stop sign and the "CR 13" signs from above it. This was a pretty busy intersection, even at night so we would just lay real quiet when cars came by. We tried to take the Flashing Yellow light off the top, but it had some funky bolts on it like Torx bolts or something we didn't have the tools for. The stop sign is almost as tall as me and I am 6'4" its awesome.

3rd Sign: My dad actually took it for me. Big orange construction sign. "Right Lane Closed Ahead" Taller than the stop sign, the construction workers left it by my dads firehouse long after the paving was done on the street so he took it home.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #89
XJ99
Draft Line

2006 XK Commander 

I once replaced all the light bulbs in a dining room chandelier with fuses....
Unread 11-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #90
FlaJeepin
2005 LJ Wrangler 

When I was in high school I did the girls PE teacher.
FlaJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.