Urban Legends - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Urban Legends

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 10-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Urban Legends

Its that time. Urban legends and ghost stories. Just wondering about the local legends from where you live. Here in Campobello there is the Four Columns Legend. Only thing left of a plantation near here is the four columns of the front porch. The legend was that after the war between the states a plantation owner outraged that he would loose all his slaves went to murdering and hanging all the slaves all over his property. Supposedly on the night the war ended you can go there and see them hanging in the trees if there is a storm. Of course I'm sure the story has no base but its just a fun legend that you can tell and actually ride down the road and see the columns. Anyone else. I have others but don't want to feed everyone things if there really isn't any interest.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

stull cemetery... I dont know if you have heard about it but maybe. supposedly its one of the 7 gateways to hell about 30 min away

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Aren't the other 6 in NJ?

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

The Mystery Beast of Androscoggin County

Here's one from Maine that made nationwide news not that long ago:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14383883/

So the DNA says it's a dog now, but if tested under a full moon--who knows?
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

These are the kinda things I'm looking for. The local stuff. The stuff most may not know about. Sweeeeeeeet.

Unread 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

I grew up 2 miles from Morrow road. Backin the day it was an old desolate road which was haunted by a woman's spirit. Great place to ride you bike at night when your a kid you wanted a good scare. I use to go on hayrides down it when I was a kid. The legend goes way back. My mom went to it when she was a teenager in the 60's.

Read more about it here.
http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm20612.html

There is a low budget film currently being made.
http://www.morrowroad.com/home.htm
KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like fun Try the http://www.theshadowlands.net/ if you are wondering if your local legends are there. Or I think you can submit them. Its good to look up them if you not sure.

Unread 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Colonel Buck's Cursed Grave

Here's another Maine legend, a bit older than the Mystery Beast. Seems Colonol Buck (from the family for which Bucksport is named), in his official capacity back in the good old days sentanced a woman charged with being a witch to be burned at the stake. As the flames began to boil her flesh, the woman uttered a curse that his grave would bear her mark for ever. The result of her curse is still there, to this very day for all to see (I've seen it, and it's there, plain as day).

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/6159
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #9
Kedive
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here is the one from my old high school which is a private school called Athol Murray College of Notre Dame. Athol Murray is the priest that founded the school with a nun named Mother Edith. Pere loved the school and his students very deeply and he haunts the school to this day and has been seen by several staff and students late at night doing what he did when he was alive wandering the dorm halls at night and sitting in front of his fireplace in Varsity Hall(his favorite building which housed his office).

One of the stories goes like this. One of the house parents was on duty in the dorms one night and saw someone at the end of the hall (being out of your room after lights out other than to take a piss meant a lot of hours of work list) He walked down closer to the person realized it wasn't a student but a older man dressed as a priest so he asked "hey what are you doing in here?" the response from the apparition was "Just checking on My Boys" then the person just disappeared. On many nights when Pere was alive he would come into the dorms and have a chat with house parents or who ever was on dorm duty and if he was ever asked what he was doing up so late he would reply with "Just checking on my boys"

Another place on campus that is haunted is Pere's old class room in Lane Hall which still has most of his teaching books on the shelves which I had class in and a lot of weird stuff would go on in the building. One of the things that happened a lot was books from the shelves would be open on the desk in the morning when you came into class that basically had no reason for being out and no one could be found to have taken the book out. Stuff would always get moved around too for no particular reason and if you left a book out on the desk it was never on the same page when you came in to class in the morning. When it happened we would always just respond with looks like Pere was doing some reading last night.
Kedive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
zbrucec

Technically this one isn't a legend just a story about a kid who bet his friends he could beat the train to the next town.

Story goes that the kid had made the bet and was running along the train tracks when he got hit by the train. His tombstone is suppsed to read " here i lie til judgement day for those that took my life away."

I went to this cemetary several times to find it but never could.
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Skunk Ape... The South Eastern US version of Big Foot. This guy roams around the Everglades. I've been out there camping before and heard the stories. He stinks worse than a skunk...more like a rotting skunk...maybe thats why he is so ornery.
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #12
motormark67
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Gurdon Light; Gurdon, Arkansas on a railroad track out in BFE close to Gurdon some poor rail conductor supposedly lost his head in a freak accident and if you walk down the tracks south about a mile or two (I forget) you are suppose to be able to see him waving his lantern down the tracks. Now back when I was in High School we went down there several times and saw it first hand, some years ago some experts supposedly tried to find out if their was anything to it and concluded it probably was just swamp gas or something. I am not sure it wasn't our imagination or maybe eye strain wanting to see something, but the fact is I have seen it more than once and I was just down there trying to scare the panties off some gal if you know what I mean.
motormark67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.