UFC 81: Breaking Point - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > UFC 81: Breaking Point

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
mjkolb02tj
Stupid is as Stupid does

2002 TJ Wrangler 

UFC 81: Breaking Point

Should be a good PPV, I don't think it will be nearly as good as the last one. However I do think Nogueira will end up with the belt and I think the Mir vs. Lesnar fight could be either really entertaining or really boring, itall depends on Lesnar. I think it is going to be really tough for Mir to get him on the ground because of his wrestling but I can't imagine he has that great of stand up, I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Main Card
Interim Heavyweight Championship: Tim Sylvia vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar
Middleweight bout: Rob Yundt vs. Ricardo Almeida
Middleweight Bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Jeremy Horn

Preliminary Card
Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Gleison Tibau
Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Kyle Bradley
Middleweight bout: Marvin Eastman vs. Terry Martin
Lightweight bout: Keita Nakamura vs. Rob Emerson
Light heavyweight bout: David Heath vs. Tim Boetsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeeJay
That'd suck. You must not go topless as much as I do.
SAVE PARAGON! Visit www.saveparagonap.com to get more information.
mjkolb02tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
xhek

1 of my 2 favorite fighters is Rodrigo Nogueira, so theres no doubt I am pulling for him. He is as tough as they come, has great BJJ and pretty good boxing; along with being full of class and respect he is exactly what a fighter should be. He always comes in to fights with his A game and gives everything he has and his conditioning is top notch. Also Rodrigo's twin brother Rogerio is fighting tonight (Friday) on the HCF card.

Hopefully this will be the year the top training camp in my opinion (Black House) hold 3 of the UFCs titles. Anderson Silva already has the MW, tomorrow Nog will have the HW; and hopefully in the near future Machida gets the title shot he deserves and wins it for the LHW belt. Filho is also with them and has the MW belt in WEC.

-Rodrigo Nogueira
-Mir
-Almeida
-Horn

-Griffin
-Lytle
-Eastman
-Nakamura
-Heath
xhek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

im pretty satisfied with the night overall. the opening fights were pretty interesting and the "co"main event"s" were better than i had expected!

what about my boy from the 303!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! N-8 looked stacked as a mother****er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that guillotine on horn was wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my uncle sent me a text predicting mir in under 3 min right before the mir/lesnar fight and god damn, for 1 and a half minutes it looked like he was wrong! i hated lesnar going into the fight (the ****stick had 1 pro fight going in and got a ufc "co"main event) but he showed enough presence to put up a decent threat of a fight in the first minute. going into the fight i questioned how much his wrestling (ncaa, not that ****ing wwe bull****) background would help him. turns out he can get people to the ground. he almost finished off mir with that quick takedown, but damn mir took some punishment! the point deduction w/o warning was a bit odd, but lesnar definetly t'd off square on the back of his head. and after mir was taken to the ground again (he did looked messed up cause of that illegal shot) his set up into the leg lock was brilliant! he knew that when he slipped that leg back behind lesnar's knee and shifted over he would be open to some shots, and he took those shots like a ****ing champ before sucking in that leg and locking it in. lesnar knew immediately that he was in some **** and to me it looked like he had never seen anything like that before and was stunned. he tapped shortly there after...

mir looked more impressive than his last fight, i cant wait until his next fight! and i will admit, lesnar impressed me, put him against a man with similar mma experience and i think he would could look pretty good... we shall see...

and then the title fight. i am not a sylvia fan and didnt like the fact he was in line for a title fight after the couture retirement, but he did impress me for 2 1/2 rounds. but minotauro came back in minotauro fashion, after getting his *** kicked all over he pulled off a beautiful submission to get a victory.

so mir vs. minotauro up next?
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

nate is from the 303? holy carp did not know that!

I wish i caught this fight, i havent seen any in awhile now.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 05:01 AM   #5
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok fights tonight, i quit making predictions cause i'm horrible at it. Lesnar looked great for about 1 min. Nate looked good, Nog pulled out a nice win in his usual fashion. Other than that the card was mediocre.

I'm waiting for Liddel/Shogun and Edgar/Florian. Those are the 2 fights i want to see most this year. I usually don't watch TUF but with Griffen/Rampage coaching that is guaranteed to be a riot.

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
lbsnowryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
xhek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman View Post
so mir vs. minotauro up next?
6/9 prediction wise, not that bad this time. Was shocked Horn got guillotined.

Mir still has a couple more fights before he gets a shot I think. Maybe have Mir vs Sylvia II. Hopefully Randy will come back to fight Nog, I don't know if he will though; since he declined fighting Nog a couple months ago.

Man what a great weekend for Black House/Team Nogueira, both brothers winning in decisive victories.

Rogerio TKOs by knees:

xhek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #7
mjkolb02tj
Stupid is as Stupid does

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Man, Nog sure can take an *** kicking and still keep going. I was glad to see him win, I in no way wanted Tim to end up with the belt again.

I was a little shocked at the quick point deduction in the Mir vs. Lesnar fight. ON the replay it only looked like he got him once in the back of the head and there was no warning just an imediate point deduction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeeJay
That'd suck. You must not go topless as much as I do.
SAVE PARAGON! Visit www.saveparagonap.com to get more information.
mjkolb02tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:15 AM   #8
JimenyFKrickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkolb02tj View Post
I was a little shocked at the quick point deduction in the Mir vs. Lesnar fight. ON the replay it only looked like he got him once in the back of the head and there was no warning just an imediate point deduction.
I think the officials were worried that Lesnar would permanently hurt Mir considering the combination of strength and lack of experience in the ring. I think they were just making the point really clear.

Ohh well, it didn't matter anyway. I do hope to see him fight again. He grew up about an hour north of me. Luckily I was in a different weight class and didn't have to wrestle him
JimenyFKrickets is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.