Types of Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Types of Jeeps

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 10-28-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
Jeff Dodson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Angleton Texas
Posts: 44
Types of Jeeps

someone please list all the different types of JEEPS. YJ TJ etc... I dont know what they mean ( sorry I'm kinda new to JEEPS)

Jeff Dodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
RCHavok797
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Oxford, CT
Posts: 2,434
Just look on the main page, there is a description under each vehicle forum.
__________________
2005 LJ Impact Orange 4.0L Automatic (Tigger) - new ride
1991 YJ Sahara 4.0L Automatic
1978 Dodge Lil Red Express - work in progress
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #3
Quan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bannedville (By Moronderator)
Posts: 1,098
wow... really had to dig this one up!


CJ CiviJeep or civilian jeep '45-'86 Round headlights
CJ-2 "Agrijeep" flat fender, low hood CJ's with L-134 engine
CJ-2A flat fender, low hood, "Willys" embossed on the hood sides and windshield frame
CJ-3A flat fender, low hood with one-piece windshield design and a vent just below it
CJ-3B flat front fender, high profile hood with F-134 engine
CJ-5 the first V-8 in a short-wheelbase utility vehicle 1973
CJ-5A based on the M38A1 design
CJ-6 20 extra inches of wheelbase than a CJ-5
CJ-6A based on the M38A1 design
CJ-7 extra wheelbase allowed for wider variety of drivetrain modifications 1983; 1984; 1986
CJ-8 "Scrambler" - 103-inch wheelbase pickup with lots of rear overhange 1981
CJ-10 - Military airport Jeep pickup - 2wheel drive
VJ Jeepster '48-50 Front end and drive-line from the Willy's Station Wagon; rear fenders from Jeep trucks
DJ Dispatch or delivery jeep '52-'73 Basic postal truck AMC 2WD
FC Forward Control Trucks '57-'66 Dual rear wheels; heavy duty suspension and brakes; vertical cutout grille; round headlights
SJ Full Size '63-'92 Full-size Grand Wagoneers, full size Cherokees, full size trucks
C-101 Jeepster/ Commando '67-'73 Part Jeep CJ and part Jeep Wagoneer
MJ Comanche '84-'91 Compact pickup, Cherokee front clip
XJ Cherokee/ Wagoneer '84- Uni-body construction
YJ Wrangler '87-'95 Square headlights; lower and wider than the CJ 1991; 1995; 2000
ZJ Grand Cherokee '93-'98 Uni-Body construction
TJ Wrangler '97- present round headlights, turn signals on front fenders
WJ Grand Cherokee '99- More rounded than the ZJ
KJ Liberty '02- Uniframe body; very upright profile




__________________
[b]There comes a time... In every mans life, when decisions... have... to be made. Whether to toil, to labor, or just plain piss your days away.[/b]


[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 08:05 PM   #4
BeatAChevy289
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan
wow... really had to dig this one up!


CJ CiviJeep or civilian jeep '45-'86 Round headlights
CJ-2 "Agrijeep" flat fender, low hood CJ's with L-134 engine
CJ-2A flat fender, low hood, "Willys" embossed on the hood sides and windshield frame
CJ-3A flat fender, low hood with one-piece windshield design and a vent just below it
CJ-3B flat front fender, high profile hood with F-134 engine
CJ-5 the first V-8 in a short-wheelbase utility vehicle 1973
CJ-5A based on the M38A1 design
CJ-6 20 extra inches of wheelbase than a CJ-5
CJ-6A based on the M38A1 design
CJ-7 extra wheelbase allowed for wider variety of drivetrain modifications 1983; 1984; 1986
CJ-8 "Scrambler" - 103-inch wheelbase pickup with lots of rear overhange 1981
CJ-10 - Military airport Jeep pickup - 2wheel drive
VJ Jeepster '48-50 Front end and drive-line from the Willy's Station Wagon; rear fenders from Jeep trucks
DJ Dispatch or delivery jeep '52-'73 Basic postal truck AMC 2WD
FC Forward Control Trucks '57-'66 Dual rear wheels; heavy duty suspension and brakes; vertical cutout grille; round headlights
SJ Full Size '63-'92 Full-size Grand Wagoneers, full size Cherokees, full size trucks
C-101 Jeepster/ Commando '67-'73 Part Jeep CJ and part Jeep Wagoneer
MJ Comanche '84-'91 Compact pickup, Cherokee front clip
XJ Cherokee/ Wagoneer '84- Uni-body construction
YJ Wrangler '87-'95 Square headlights; lower and wider than the CJ 1991; 1995; 2000
ZJ Grand Cherokee '93-'98 Uni-Body construction
TJ Wrangler '97- present round headlights, turn signals on front fenders
WJ Grand Cherokee '99- More rounded than the ZJ
KJ Liberty '02- Uniframe body; very upright profile





Hey Quan, I'm going to throw in a little edit for ya .
One you forgot:
WK Grand Cherokee 2005+ (*cough* POS)

Later <><
__________________
1995 Firebird Formula, 6-speed, LT1 V8, t-tops, open exhaust. **In the For Sale section***
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #5
red99tj
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,589
tj - trendy jeep
yj - yuppie jeep
kj - kia jeep
wj - womans jeep


i saw that in a magazine somewhere...i forget which one tho
__________________
Frank
red99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
joyrider
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by red99tj
tj - trendy jeep
yj - yuppie jeep
kj - kia jeep
wj - womans jeep


i saw that in a magazine somewhere...i forget which one tho
that's awsome. very very true.
__________________
97 TJ SE ...w/ nothing worth mentioning.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 09:43 PM   #7
JTJ98
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newark
Posts: 593
Don't forget the LJ!
JTJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
jbowser12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by red99tj
tj - trendy jeep
yj - yuppie jeep
kj - kia jeep
wj - womans jeep


i saw that in a magazine somewhere...i forget which one tho

XJ - Xtreme Jeep...

but im bias!
jbowser12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #9
Cherokeegrl9987
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: anniston, al
Posts: 0
Would a 99 Jeep Cherokee classic have any of those ^ names could. Be helpful. In buying. Parts. Thank in advance!
Cherokeegrl9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #10
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrl9987 View Post
Would a 99 Jeep Cherokee classic have any of those ^ names could. Be helpful. In buying. Parts. Thank in advance!
Its an xj. 98-01 parts....

Hope that helps.
__________________
- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
Balvar24
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rock Ridge
Posts: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dodson View Post
someone please list all the different types of JEEPS. YJ TJ etc... I dont know what they mean ( sorry I'm kinda new to JEEPS)
CJ
misc.
__________________
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
colojeepguy
Registered User
1970 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan View Post
wow... really had to dig this one up!


CJ CiviJeep or civilian jeep '45-'86 Round headlights
CJ-2 "Agrijeep" flat fender, low hood CJ's with L-134 engine
CJ-2A flat fender, low hood, "Willys" embossed on the hood sides and windshield frame
CJ-3A flat fender, low hood with one-piece windshield design and a vent just below it
CJ-3B flat front fender, high profile hood with F-134 engine
CJ-5 the first V-8 in a short-wheelbase utility vehicle 1973
CJ-5A based on the M38A1 design
CJ-6 20 extra inches of wheelbase than a CJ-5
CJ-6A based on the M38A1 design
CJ-7 extra wheelbase allowed for wider variety of drivetrain modifications 1983; 1984; 1986
CJ-8 "Scrambler" - 103-inch wheelbase pickup with lots of rear overhange 1981
CJ-10 - Military airport Jeep pickup - 2wheel drive
VJ Jeepster '48-50 Front end and drive-line from the Willy's Station Wagon; rear fenders from Jeep trucks
DJ Dispatch or delivery jeep '52-'73 Basic postal truck AMC 2WD
FC Forward Control Trucks '57-'66 Dual rear wheels; heavy duty suspension and brakes; vertical cutout grille; round headlights
SJ Full Size '63-'92 Full-size Grand Wagoneers, full size Cherokees, full size trucks
C-101 Jeepster/ Commando '67-'73 Part Jeep CJ and part Jeep Wagoneer
MJ Comanche '84-'91 Compact pickup, Cherokee front clip
XJ Cherokee/ Wagoneer '84- Uni-body construction
YJ Wrangler '87-'95 Square headlights; lower and wider than the CJ 1991; 1995; 2000
ZJ Grand Cherokee '93-'98 Uni-Body construction
TJ Wrangler '97- present round headlights, turn signals on front fenders
WJ Grand Cherokee '99- More rounded than the ZJ
KJ Liberty '02- Uniframe body; very upright profile





All sorts of mis-information there...
__________________
"It's better to have loved and lost, than to live with a psycho the rest of your life"
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
insanitize
Jeepin Old Man
 
insanitize's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 138
Another correction.
C-101 Jeepster Commando '66-'71
C-104 Jeep Commando '72-73
__________________
07 Rescue Green Rubicon
AEV hood, AEV snorkel, ARB front bumper with Warn Powerplant winch, Pure Jeep rear bumper with tire carrier, Poly long arm, RR and Poly skids, 35 GY MTR ks, Hutchinson Beadlocks, 4.88 gears
78 Red CJ 7
v8 some mods. lifted
and other assorted old iron
insanitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #14
ncarter124
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 2
Also the JK (The Just Kidding). It lists the TJ as 1997-present so its an old list.
ncarter124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #15
cherokeesport94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 14
You guys also forgot the LJ, J10,J20, MJ
cherokeesport94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.