Trying to design my home theater... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Trying to design my home theater...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 11-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
AJFournier82
1984 CJ7 

Trying to design my home theater...

I am asking the wife for speakers for Christmas because my CJ needs too much work to ask for that this year. I am thinking about in the wall or in the ceiling speakers for the 2 rears. Any recommendations? Do I need to spend a ton on surround speakers? I am just gonna get a pair of book shelves for the fronts. Anyone know more about getting good deals than I do???

AJFournier82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Indy

Bookshelf speakers usually won't give much of a front soundstage and rear speakers are just for fill. If I was going to spend the money I would spend it where it does the most good, up front.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
143hc
1984 CJ7 

Ten years ago I bought Paradigm MiniMonitors for up front with an Adire Audio Rava 12" sub (unfortunately out of business now) and Paradigm 370 center. JBL 2500 rear and happy with sound and music w/out spending a fortune.
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hard to make any real suggestions without a budget, so:

- Don't bother with anything more than 5.1
- Try to keep all of your speakers the same brand (and model line if possible, at least for the fronts)
- Don't spend too much on the rear surrounds; put most of your budget into the front and center channels
- Don't get a receiver with a ton of features you'll never use, and make sure it can drive your fronts

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.