Trading jeep for a 4 door jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Trading jeep for a 4 door jeep?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
jeeps4ever

Trading jeep for a 4 door jeep?

Hello, I am having a baby and I currently have a 2005 jeep wrangler with 101,000 miles. I found an 08 jeep wrangler unlimited x. It's a four door. It has a perfect body and interior. No dents or scratches. No stains in the interior. But it has 144,000 miles. They are only asking 13,995 for it. What do you think?

jeeps4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

I know I wouldn't be dropping 14k on any vehicle with 144k miles, no matter how nice it was.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
jeeps4ever

Ok that's what I am worried about. I don't want to pay over 10g for a vehicle with that high of miles.
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My 4 door jeep is actually not so bad 2 doors are more kid friendly then you think. Definitely get a 4 door in the future but if you need to rock the tj until you find a great deal do that.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
jeeps4ever

My mom just bought a new car. So we are going to keep my jeep and buy her jeep liberty but in the future I might get a 4 door.
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's not as bad as you think it's going to be. I keep my windows out, or the top down for at least 9 months out of the year & can just put my 14 month old in through the side window. If weather is bad, or it's cold we'll take my wifes WJ. Depending on where you live & what your other half has, you might be able to do the same thing.
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
jeeps4ever

I live in pa. I won't be able to do that my other car is a mustang and a motorcycle. The mustang won't be bad though with a car seat and stroller. But I can't use my mustang all year because they suck in snow.
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
jeeps4ever

But I was just looking at jeep jogging strollers and it looks like they fold small enough to fit behind the seat!
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
jeeps4ever

If I get a car seat with a base I won't have to crawl into the back every time to buckle the baby in. I think this will work
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4ever View Post
But I was just looking at jeep jogging strollers and it looks like they fold small enough to fit behind the seat!
That's a problem I've had with mine. I haven't been able to find a good jogging stroller that folds small enough. I ended up getting a stroller that folds up to about the size of an umbrella.
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
INowUnderstand
1986 CJ7 

I have experimented with my CJ 7. Doesn't really work for a baby cause I keep the top off( too much wind)(I do have a full cage in rear). But with a carrier with base or backwards facing car seat it is really easy to load from tail gate. I mean real easy, better than trying to load into a full size backseat in a truck or suv.
INowUnderstand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

With another car your perfect hell I even go to the store in the jeep its real easy to load into the back seat from the trunk. I fit what I can there and then just put what does not fit on the seat or the floor. You will be amazed at how much you can fit in the jeep.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like mine a lot and I think a JKU would work well for your intended purpose. I set out to buy the 2 door model and fell in love with the 4 door models. I liked the extra space a lot. Your lucky to fit a gym bag in the trunk of a two door model. The four doors will fit the entire family luggage and then some.

As far as price; IMO unless its a loaded Rubicon I think $14.5 sounds like a bit much. Even so I would check around and see what other JKU models that year is going for. I think it's called 'blue book pricing'.
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Blue Book looks around $12,000 but all bets are off for you Wrangler nuts. If you like 4-doors, you could have the ultimate XJ for half that.
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
fenixleader
1997 TJ Wrangler 

To be honest 144k isnt anything anymore. If its an auto i would get them to come down if its a stick it would prolly be good. The motor i swaped into my tj has almost 200k on it no rebuilds and its running fine.
fenixleader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.