tired of paying an arm and leg for razors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > tired of paying an arm and leg for razors?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
WJlover
1999 WJ 

tired of paying an arm and leg for razors?

i know i am.
its cheaper to buy a whole new handle that includes 1 razor, than it is to buy a few new razors.

but, i just see this
http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/how-it-works

from $1 to $9 monthly, they deliver razors right to your door.

just thought id help save you guys a few bucks!

im doing it!

WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I don't know why, but this reminds me of Taco's Neckflix company on The League.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've been using them for almost a year. Great prices, decent razors and good customer service. I had one issue with billing and they freely admitted the problem then promptly fixed it. I had a broken handle, too and they jumped on it.

I recommend them.
Wordgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
WJlover
1999 WJ 

good smooth blades?
maybe its just me, but after just 3 shaves, my gillete razor started to hurt like hell. it was pulling way to much and not cutting enough.
i got more shaves out of a disposable razor than i did that expensive *** gimmick.
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not great, but they work. I get the 4X blades and usually get a week (5-6 day of work) out of them. By the last couple days, they're a little used up.

I was a diehard Fusion user. These don't compare, but they save me a crap ton of money.
Wordgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I got tired of paying through the nose for multi-blade razors. That's when I discovered the old-school safety razor. And later, the straight razor.

So now, when I do shave I use a double edge safety razor, and sometimes a straight razor. IMO, a double-edge safety razor gives a better shave than the ridiculous multi-bladed razors marketed today. The only better shave is a straight razor. In the long run both options are less expensive than going with the plastic multi-blade razors.

Double-edge razor replacement blades are less expensive that multi-blade razors, and the used blades are 100% recyclable. You can find a wide range of blade quality and price to suit your need, and you can buy replacement blades in bulk and not break the bank. For "expensive" blades (like Merkur platinums) you might pay about $55 for 100 blades, or about $0.55/blade. Even if you are going through two blades a week, that's enough blades for almost a year. You're gonna be hard pressed to find a top quality replacement fancy multi-blades at that price. Mach3 blades generally sell for $36 for 15 blades, or $2.40/blade at Walmart.

All it takes to start is a one time investment into a good safety razor handle and a shaving brush and mug. There's no mystery or mystique to using a double-edge safety razor. Maybe a little learning curve for some, and a little trial and error to find the right blade for your beard/skin.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
I don't know why, but this reminds me of Taco's Neckflix company on The League.
Great show.

If it wasn't for work I would never shave again.
Scherer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I use my hair clippers to shave, lowest setting and bam... barely 5 o'clock shadow. And yes I cut my own hair too.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
I use my hair clippers to shave, lowest setting and bam... barely 5 o'clock shadow. And yes I cut my own hair too.
I haven't shaved clean in over 6 years, as I use my hair clippers to shave as well. With no guide comb, it leaves a nice 5 o'clock shadow and takes about 45 seconds to do.
Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
I haven't shaved clean in over 6 years, as I use my hair clippers to shave as well. With no guide comb, it leaves a nice 5 o'clock shadow and takes about 45 seconds to do.
The fact that I'm half white means my beard is kinda blonde too. So it hides really well. There have been many times I hear "clean shaven" and I use the clippers, they can't even see it till I hit direct sunlight and there's gold flakes of Ireland all over my cheeks and neck.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
WJlover
1999 WJ 

i shave once a month. (weekend warrior yaaay)
but when i do, i hit it with hair clippers and then move to the razor.
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Bought a sissy electric razor because I got tired of paying for fusion blades. Sometimes it hurts bad with it, but its sure a lot cheaper.
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I use the 5-blade system twice a week. I go through 1 blade every couple of months without hurting. Unless the wife uses it to do her own grooming, that is...

I cut my own hair as well. #1 in back and sides, #2 on top.
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriolisSTORM View Post
Bought a sissy electric razor because I got tired of paying for fusion blades. Sometimes it hurts bad with it, but its sure a lot cheaper.
Splittin hairs to save a couple pennies.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
b3nj4m1n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

a better deal is dorco:

http://dorcousa.com/

dollar shave club actually buys their razors from dorco and rebrands them. cheaper to just order from the source and you don't have to sign up for any annoying subscriptions.

also the handles will fit any of their blades so you could buy the 6 blade handle then reorder 4 bladed ones later (not that it really matters as the handle price is negligible)
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." -Mark Twain
b3nj4m1n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.