Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tire Retailers, Any Suggestions

626 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aroberts 
#1 ·
I have only found like 3 sites that sell off road tires. You guys know any good sites? Please let me know.

#2 ·
Not be be off-topic, but have you tried local shops? Sometimes you can get good deals buying locally (especially if you consider shipping). FYI, don't ever pay for mounting or valve stems. A good shop should just do that for free when you buy new tires.

#3 ·
The best way to do it, IMO, is to find the tire you want for the price you want online, then find a local dealer who will match that price, Sears, for example. That way you get the right price with the service of a local retailer. Plus what Kev and Bob J said about free parts. Sometimes its better to pay more for your tires if you get the free stuff. Les Schwab gave you all the free goodies for your tires (mounting, balancing, valve stem, etc.) plus they have an awesome warranty and lifetime rotation and balancing, but their tires were a little more $$$.

#4 ·
Every place that I have talked to around here has given me the shaft. They tell me that they can't get the tires I want or try to sell me a generic brand. The ones that have been able to get the tires that I want are asking waaay too much for them. I can get them online for much cheaper with all the hardware included and shipping.

#6 ·
I know, I hate it too. here is what I am looking at right now. http://desertrat.com/twpackages/interco/interco_us.htm The 33/12.5 TSL radials with The rock crawler wheels. Shipping is $95. If any one knows of a better price please share, because this is the route that I plan on going unless I can find a better deal somewhere else.

#7 ·
I bought my tires from Big O. I am going to keep buying from a local shop because I need road hazard, free rotation, and free re-balancing. I probably could find cheaper tires on the net and have them shipped, but then I would have to pay extra for all the other stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.