The thoughtfull membership giveaway - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The thoughtfull membership giveaway

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The thoughtfull membership giveaway

I think I shall purchase a membership come the end of Jan. Now I am not interested in the silly banter about who is this and who is that. I want an essay. Nothing too tedious, just four or five hundred words. The topic?

Everyone gripes about the poor condition of our current society. What are the values, actions, lifestyle choices, etc. that should be made at an individual level to best leave the world a little better than you found it.
Post the whole answer in the thread and I will judge it in a wholly subjective and unapologetic way. I want to hear about living life individually. Leave the politics out completely. Keep the religion non-preachy. I will decide on the merits of the writing. End of Jan I will decide. Happy new year all!

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Also remember to turn in your algebra homework by the end of the week.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hahahahaha good luck with this one i write enough essays as it is
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski01xj View Post
Also remember to turn in your algebra homework by the end of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep22 View Post
hahahahaha good luck with this one i write enough essays as it is
These two posts and their attitude towards having a brain in your head should give plenty of fodder for others...

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
These two posts and their attitude towards having a brain in your head should give plenty of fodder for others...
Remember in your essay folks, humor means that you have no brain in your head. This is serious business.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski01xj View Post
Remember in your essay folks, humor means that you have no brain in your head. This is serious business.

See? Now were getting somewhere!

tales from the bard side
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a membership, I don't need your pity, Brad. I feel that every person on Earth could do a little something to make this place better. I would start by blowing up random Wal-Marts at or around 12:30am. People could easily and readily seed the clouds above trailer-parks and force tornados to wreak havoc upon the white trash that reside there. Another effort to be made would be to eliminate all McDonalds from the 300,000,000 locations world wide. Child obesity is ruining my life. Fat little kids running around with their fat giant mothers are absolutely shocking to see day after day. No reason to keep eating those Big Macs you 200lb eight year old child; I think it's time to opt for the salad, fatty. I would immediately institute a policy for legal prostitution (bunny ranch style) in every state in the union. This essay will now end without a proper conclusion, just the way it started without a proper introduction.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
jeepsurf
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I lost my keys again.

1990 2.5 YJ / 1997 2.5 TJ

USAF VET

My YJ build thread HERE.
Nightcrew alive and well, now on VB 4.0 HERE.
Food mailed 3ooo milesHERE.
jeepsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsurf View Post
I lost my keys again.
Don't worry, they'll be the last place you look
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

on second thought, if paying members are eligible i want in

Quote:
Everyone gripes about the poor condition of our current society. What are the values, actions, lifestyle choices, etc. that should be made at an individual level to best leave the world a little better than you found it.
The most important and decisive thing that any man or woman can do at an individual level to leave the world a better place is to be a good steward of God’s green Earth. By proposing that we all be good stewards of the Earth I am implying that we take care of it, not just doing our part to clean up after others, but to enjoy the beauty that is given as a blessing to us. Let’s say that after a long week of wrenching on your pride and joy, whether it is a Jeep or a Yamaha, you wipe the sweat off of your weary brow and make the easy decision to visit a local system of trails or a beautiful Off Highway Vehicle Park. In the morning before you meet up with the gallant and upstanding people with whom you participate in these wondrous activities with you make your way to where you have your garbage bags stored and you pull out two, three, or even four bags for the day to come. Within these bags you can place all manner of rubbish and trash that those scandalous brigands who feel that they are better than the rest of the world and have the ability to throw whatever they please wherever they please and whenever they please to do it. In cleaning up after the unkempt we revive the natural beauty of these wondrous places which we are so gifted to have the chance to see and use. One lone heroic champion of our earthen beauty can retrieve the filth left in the wilds by ten or more unscrupulous fiends and the fact that it is in the best interest of all involved in the royal sports of wheeling, mudding, rock crawling, and trail riding to be traveling in marvelous caravans of humble and generous peoples in rigs built with their own sweat and blood with their sheer ugliness overwhelmed by a hint of beauty, of in such large groups we are allowed the space and numbers to turn a barren land back into a paradise. It is in this hour where we have need to hoist up high those who have shown themselves to be worthy of praise, those who show no fear at the prospect of a hard day’s work, who is content to what they can complete with their own two scarred and overworked hands. We need them to become a beacon of light and a cornerstone upon which we can indeed reconstruct the world into a better place; cleaning not only the trails which we enjoy, but the streets and schools of our children. We must strive to show those who follow in our wake that we can be great, we can be better, we can be anything. Of course we can also volunteer, do community service, help older people, give candy to little children, and feed hungry babies; but those have nothing to do with being out and about in a Jeep.

Last edited by taythegibs; 12-31-2009 at 12:20 AM..
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I have a membership, I don't need your pity, Brad. I feel that every person on Earth could do a little something to make this place better. I would start by blowing up random Wal-Marts at or around 12:30am. People could easily and readily seed the clouds above trailer-parks and force tornados to wreak havoc upon the white trash that reside there. Another effort to be made would be to eliminate all McDonalds from the 300,000,000 locations world wide. Child obesity is ruining my life. Fat little kids running around with their fat giant mothers are absolutely shocking to see day after day. No reason to keep eating those Big Macs you 200lb eight year old child; I think it's time to opt for the salad, fatty. I would immediately institute a policy for legal prostitution (bunny ranch style) in every state in the union. This essay will now end without a proper conclusion, just the way it started without a proper introduction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsurf View Post
I lost my keys again.
So far it is a toss up between these two.

tales from the bard side
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:22 AM   #12
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think I shall purchase a membership come the end of Jan. Now I am not interested in the silly banter about who is this and who is that. I want an essay. Nothing too tedious, just four or five hundred words. The topic?

Post the whole answer in the thread and I will judge it in a wholly subjective and unapologetic way. I want to hear about living life individually. Leave the politics out completely. Keep the religion non-preachy. I will decide on the merits of the writing. End of Jan I will decide. Happy new year all!
I might not be able to get 400 words but here it goes. FYI, how I precevied your question I'm assuming you meant what choices could be made by all, but I shall write It in some context of my choices.

Values. For one value your fellow man. Treat him with respect. A good deed a day never hurts, I try to stay that route but it never always happens. Secondly, value the world you live on. Don't throw crap on the ground, don't pour antifreeze down the drain. Recycling is a good thing, that should be instituted as the status quo. And last but not least, value yourself. Your doing no good drinking Monsters and smoking Camel Crushs. Although that's your choice and it's none of my business, but leave my alone about it.

Actions aren't too complicated. Again just try to be a good person. Following the laws isn't a bad way to go(although some are completely stupid and we have too many as it is).

Lifestyle choices I think I can nail it down with a phrase. " Don't do anything you wouldn't be ashmed to tell your mother." Example, "Mom, I got a girl preggers, I'd tell you her name but I met her at a party." Or " Enjoy your present, Mom, just don't show that iPhone off to uncle Paul."

With that being said, I will say that politics are one of the downfalls of society. Religion, as far as I'm concerned, should be left at your own descresion. Only when your religion follows start to knock at my door at 7:48 in the AM, or kill my countrymen, then we have a problem.

Big corporations, can't do much about them. They will always be looking for $$$ and if that makes them bad then so be it, if they have what I wan't I'm buying it(notwithstanding Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundia, etc.). The government CANNOT be helped. At this point, it's like little boys on a schoolyard, fighting over 10 square feet of grass. But if you don't like it(or some of the people that run it for whatever stupid reason) you can always move to another, better country that gives you as many freedoms as you have here...go ahead it's a thinker.

But anyway, that's my thoughts on that. To summerize, the best few ways to leave the world a better place then you have found it is to just be a good, honest person that doesn't willfully screw anybody or anything over. Be respectful and wise about your actions and about how they affect you, humanity, and the world . Don't live by the motto "Not here for a long time, just a good time." I think if everybody could follow that to some degree, then the world could truly become a better place.

Might not be what you were asking for, brad the bard, but it's some of my opinions. Hopefully you'll agree.
Unread 12-31-2009, 03:12 AM   #13
Comanche_

I might add more later, heres the first part.

One big thing i belive people should do, is stop giveing a damn about celebertys and "reality" tv, theres nothing real about it. Mabey, and just mabey( big strech here), they might care about how the world works or how there actions affect others.
People need to also stop being so obsessed with useless stuff( better term- Crap). I will admit I like buying tools, but they have a pourpose( fixing stuff). But do you really need to buy a new cell phone every 2 months?? People I go to school with will destory there phones every time something better and new comes along, so they can get one.I had the same phone for 2 years, finaly bought a new one when the old one quit holding a charge for more than a day.
Also, people need to stop thinking about stuff ( more importantly people) as being disposable, or tools to get what you want. I know it's human nature, but damn, some people seem to take advantage of everyone to get what they want.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 06:56 AM   #14
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

So what class is this for and what's the actual due date before you get a zero?
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
So what class is this for and what's the actual due date before you get a zero?
It's the class of life and most folks failed already.

For the record, I can write a 400 word essay in my sleep and write it much better than anything that will be submitted here...

unless some ambitious person wants to prove me wrong.

tales from the bard side
Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.