Are there any Black (African-American's... not Jeep Color) owner's here? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Are there any Black (African-American's... not Jeep Color) owner's here?

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 04-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #61
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchick953
It's true ..........all true!
For me to believe that you're gonna have to post naked pics of yourself with "WAR EAGLE ROCKS" written across your breasts in lipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #62
ClemsonJeepGC

i just want to know one thing.
How do you like the blue? Im torn between red, jeep green, blue, or silver (only cuz it hides dirt and scratches (and yes there is a difference between dirt and scratches and then mud that you purposely put there)).
ClemsonJeepGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #63
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idencustom
I'm not offeded at all.. it's a legit question.. I just am not able to answer for all blacks.
Then answer for yourself. Why do YOU use it? It was in your original post. mrblane asked a perfectly legit question and you wanted answers to your question but you didn't answer his. He did not ask you why others use it. He asked why is it used when the blacks want and deserve to be treated as equals. Certainly you have reasons for wanting to be identified as something other than an equal American or you would use different terminology like plain ole American. This is not being racist either, but I would be very interested in knowing why the names change so often.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member

Last edited by SpoiledRotten; 04-09-2007 at 08:17 PM..
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #64
Jeepchick953
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You fight dirty!
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]RED JEEP CLUB#362[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Stock Jeep Club Member #29
MyJeepSpace.com
/l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) '04 Wrangler Sport TJ
Never 2 old 4 a Jeep!
[QUOTE=Beefstew]Its an avatar thing... you wouldnt understand!!![/QUOTE]
Jeepchick953 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #65
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchick953
You fight dirty!
I fight to win.

Liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #66
idencustom
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten
Then answer for yourself. Why do YOU use it? It was in your original post. mrblane asked a perfectly legit question and you wanted answers to your question but you didn't answer his. He did not ask you why others use it. He asked why is it used when the blacks want and deserve to be treated as equals. Certainly you have reasons for wanting to be identified as something other than an equal American or you would use different terminology like plain ole American. You opened the can of worms on that one and this is not being racist either, but I would be very interested in knowing why the names change so often.

Well.. here goes...

I was born in Luxembourg, France... to black parents who are Jamaican. I've moved to the UK at 3.. then moved to Italy at 9.. (Franscatti)... At 12 I moved to New York (Hastings/Millwood... Dobbs Ferry) and my parents were sworn in as Americans several year later... at that time because I was younger than 18, I also became a citizen.

From the 2000 census that I last took part in, the choices where, white, african-american, asian, mexican...and so on... On that census the only category that was hypenated was African-American...

I never asked for the title, nor do I feel it really applys (i've been in African twice, Morocco, Casablanca and Egypt)... but I don't like the category of other.

On the census... they never gave the choice of American.... strange, if they want us all to feel included, why seperate the census into categories...

That being said... I'm an American of Jamaica-French lineage.... and I hope I don't offend the Jamaican-French-African-Americans....

Smile... we all bleed Jeep.

Here is a copy of the latest census... Notice, the first choice is White alone... http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...T_G2000_B02001
idencustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #67
tjwoo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm asian and i Jeep. yes i wave.
tjwoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #68
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well.. here goes...

I was born in Luxembourg, France... to black parents who are Jamaican. I've moved to the UK at 3.. then moved to Italy at 9.. (Franscatti)... At 12 I moved to New York (Hastings/Millwood... Dobbs Ferry) and my parents were sworn in as Americans several year later... at that time because I was younger than 18, I also became a citizen.

From the 2000 census that I last took part in, the choices where, white, african-american, asian, mexican...and so on... On that census the only category that was hypenated was African-American...

I never asked for the title, nor do I feel it really applys (i've been in African twice, Morocco, Casablanca and Egypt)... but I don't like the category of other.

On the census... they never gave the choice of American.... strange, if they want us all to feel included, why seperate the census into categories...

That being said... I'm an American of Jamaica-French lineage.... and I hope I don't offend the Jamaican-French-African-Americans....

Here is a copy of the latest census... Notice, the first choice is White alone... http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...T_G2000_B02001
You've implied that you took a label because it was offered. I'm also pretty sure that the census has other agendas and uses besides hanging labels on folks. But you and I both know that the term African-American wasn't thought up or initiated by the government. It came from some other source and in order not to offend large groups of similar heritage individuals, it was put on the form in the manner in which you saw it by the feds.

BTW- I agree with you, you're about as African American as I am Polynesian. Which makes your original request even more entertaining.
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #69
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well.. here goes...

Welcome to the forum.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #70
Bgeddes
Ridin' with the King

Just Wave....
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #71
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I was wondering if there are any African-Canadians here? LOL. Welcome to the forums and glad to see a good intellectual topic going in general discussion without the usual stupidity.
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #72
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
I was wondering if there are any African-Canadians here? LOL. Welcome to the forums and glad to see a good intellectual topic going in general discussion without the usual stupidity.
Yea it's weird..5 pages and no one's burning down houses yet...

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #73
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
Yea it's weird..5 pages and no one's burning down houses yet...

I want to burn everyones house down....whether they are white, black, asian, mexican, brazilian, dutch, etc....

I do not discriminate.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #74
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
I want to burn everyones house down....whether they are white, black, asian, mexican, brazilian, dutch, etc....

I do not discriminate.
You scare me .....................

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #75
white98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

not to sound like a dick or anything, this is an actuall question, with no intention of pissing anyone off....

Do you guys(African Americans) get mad when you see the confederate flag on something? or do you think its disrespectfull? I just think that flag is a cooler design, dont get me wrong, the american flag is bad ***, i just like the confederate flag as well.

Just was something i have always wondered about...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.