Are there any Black (African-American's... not Jeep Color) owner's here? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Are there any Black (African-American's... not Jeep Color) owner's here?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #46
nichols077
1986 CJ7 

i never even thought about this until yesterday. i came across a modified jeep owner from mexico. im not sure if it was on this forum or another but his rig was pretty sweet. it made me realize the only jeepers i have ever seen or heard of are white. my black friends love it however. its funny to see the looks on peoples faces when i have 2 or 3 black friends in my rig bumping some rap. haha

nichols077 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #47
ironbelle
2014 JK Wrangler 

I thought my ears were burning! I sent a message to the OP. I'm black and a female. A twofer. ha ha
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #48
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idencustom
I just ordered my JK in Blue... (because I don't see that color around as much)... and when I told a few people about it... they referred to it as a good ol' boy's car... or california surfer type car...
What color did these folks you happened to tell this to, happen to be? Based on the comment, I'm guessing they were black. I don't know too many white folk that would use the term "good ole boy".

I arrive at that assumption pretty naturally. I've invited several of my friends to hit the trails with us as ride-alongs and spectators. I've done this on different occasions and always get the same answer.

"Let's see, you want me to go by myself, with you and a bunch of your redneck buddies that have jeeps and rope. Nope, ain't gonna happen.

I always tell them we'll leave the rope at home, but they seem to have their minds completely made up.

Any way, my question to you is, do they really have an innate sense of fear, or they just don't like the country and jeeps?

Quote:
I noticed while I drive around that I don't see many Black owners.. (not black as in car color.... but by now I think you've gotten that). And wondered if it was different from state to state. I live in Grayson, Georgia.... and have yet to see another Black Wrangler owner...

Just curious for curious sake.
I'm curious as well. Why do blacks desire and deserve to be treated as equals, and then separate themselves from the rest of Americans by putting African with a hyphen in front, thus compounding the difficulties in acquired equality.

Please know that I intend absolutely no harm by my questions, just curious and the minute you think I have crossed any lines, feel free to let me know and I'll back completely off. I'm being candid.
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #49
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep (wrangler specifically) owners are as white as you can get, I can't think of any other vehicle with owner's race so distinct.

I've never seen a black guy with wrangler. Only two non-white owners I've seen are asian, and one of them is an LJ with business logo/plate so I don't think that really count.

I swear I'm the only non-white guy with lifted wrangler around here.
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #50
idencustom
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine

I'm curious as well. Why do blacks desire and deserve to be treated as equals, and then separate themselves from the rest of Americans by putting African with a hyphen in front, thus compounding the difficulties in acquired equality.

Please know that I intend absolutely no harm by my questions, just curious and the minute you think I have crossed any lines, feel free to let me know and I'll back completely off. I'm being candid.
I'm not offeded at all.. it's a legit question.. I just am not able to answer for all blacks.
idencustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #51
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmtl
Jeep (wrangler specifically) owners are as white as you can get, I can't think of any other vehicle with owner's race so distinct.

I've never seen a black guy with wrangler. Only two non-white owners I've seen are asian, and one of them is an LJ with business logo/plate so I don't think that really count.

I swear I'm the only non-white guy with lifted wrangler around here.
Bein' in Montreal might be part of the problem for you - most of the Quebecois try to keep that province white and french speaking. Here in Calgary, things are a little different - most of us really couldn't care what color you are, everyone is considered an equal till they open their mouth and prove otherwise.

One of my old buddies was a Jeep salesman at several dealerships here in Calgary. He loved Jeep with a passion. He was your average looking business guy at work, get him on the trail, he was your average red-neck. Funny thing is, a Canadian RedNeck is anyone who loves the outdoors. BTW: He was as dark skinned as anyone I have ever seen, and the greatest guy to know.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #52
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeKid
Bein' in Montreal might be part of the problem for you - most of the Quebecois try to keep that province white and french speaking. Here in Calgary, things are a little different - most of us really couldn't care what color you are, everyone is considered an equal till they open their mouth and prove otherwise.
Montreal is not bad, people are pretty mixed.

But as you go east/north the towns are as white as klan meeting. (that wasn't really politically corrent, is it. please edit if it's out of line).
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #53
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

To give you another "local" answer...

1) You're in Grayson, good ol' boys come with the territory

2) Had a black guy in a TJ initiate the wave in Athens last summer, but I guess that's about it.

It's a legitimate question, and while I'm not one to care about race certainly the vast majority of Jeepers are probably white (not talking about folks driving Grands and Commanders and such obviously, just people who consider themselves part of the Jeep community).

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #54
truckie453
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescho
WELCOME

believe it or not, I was concerned with the same exact stereotype. I'm yellow, or asian and you really don't see too many asians in wranglers, especially lifted ones....

but I thought i'd be different and not drive a fart can with a wing thats 3 stories high
Another Asian/Pacific Islander Jeeper here... I'm not a fan of the fart can cars either. 99 TJ Sport with a little lift that gets me on the beach for fishing
Green Jeep #99
Firefighting Jeep #1

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil, that true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
truckie453 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #55
Motocane
Jeepster

I have seen a couple of black guys in TJ's around eastern North Carolina. I have to say it is unusual enough that you notice.

One other thing, that while most Wrangler drivers are white, most are also males between 18 and 30. Being 59, I notice that most Wrangler drivers, male, female, black, white or other, are much younger than I am. I think that will change some with the JK, because it is much more civilized than the TJ and the four doors will bring older buyers that have families.
2007 Red Rock Unlimited Rubi, 6 speed, dual tops, tow, power group, side air bags, deep tint, Sirius, 6-disc DVD/mp3 radio, Pro Comp Series 7005, 4.5 Rubicon Express longarm, Rubicon Express drive shaft and shocks, 4.88 gears, Toyo MT 35's, yellow top, Cobra WXSTII, Fab Fours front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5XP with synthetic, cirkit boss, black grill insert, DEO high steer.

1990 YJ 3 1/2" BDS suspension lift, 1 " body lift, SYE, Borla header and catback, Super 35 rear with Detroit Locker, 4.56 F & R, Schrockworks rocksliders, Truxus 33 MTS, Mastercraft Baja RS front seats, Bestop rear seat, Skid Row nightcrawler front bumper, LOD rear bumper, Centerforce dual friction clutch, Bushwacker flares, Warn 9.5ti with synthetic, Line-X tub, Dual yellow tops, aluminum radiator, electric fan, back up lights, heavy duty alternator, Uniden PC78Elite, PIAA 525s, hood lights, fuel injection.
Motocane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #56
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idencustom
I'm not offeded at all.. it's a legit question.. I just am not able to answer for all blacks.
Which ones can you answer for?
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #57
idencustom
2013 JK Wrangler 

I love a good sense of humor... helps keep the forum light. LOL...
idencustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #58
Jeepchick953
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The answer to your question is yes other people own wranglers...
>
>
>
>
>
even CHICKS
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]RED JEEP CLUB#362[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Stock Jeep Club Member #29
MyJeepSpace.com
/l ,[____],
l---L –0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) '04 Wrangler Sport TJ
Never 2 old 4 a Jeep!
[QUOTE=Beefstew]Its an avatar thing... you wouldnt understand!!![/QUOTE]
Jeepchick953 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #59
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchick953
The answer to your question is yes other people own wranglers...
>
>
>
>
>
even CHICKS
Now you're just making up stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #60
Jeepchick953
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's true ..........all true!
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]RED JEEP CLUB#362[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Stock Jeep Club Member #29
MyJeepSpace.com
/l ,[____],
l---L –0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) '04 Wrangler Sport TJ
Never 2 old 4 a Jeep!
[QUOTE=Beefstew]Its an avatar thing... you wouldnt understand!!![/QUOTE]
Jeepchick953 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.