Are there any Black (African-American's... not Jeep Color) owner's here? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM
woody-77
Vulcan FTW
 
woody-77's Avatar
2007 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NotfromOxford, MS
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
You scare me .....................

At times I scare myself.

Gone but not forgotten: '86 CJ7, '06 Wrangler X, '03 Rubicon, '97 Wrangler, '77 CJ5, '74 CJ5(RIP)...gone and forgotten: 07 JK Sahara Unlimited, '78 CJ5


Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
0blcktj6
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
At times I scare myself.
Wow...that's pretty intense...you should be in the movies........

3" Currie progressives, OME Shocks, 1" BL, 1" MML, 35x12.50" KM2's, 4.88's, Detroit in rear, Vanco BBK, Currie CA's

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline  
post #78 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 PM
woody-77
Vulcan FTW
 
woody-77's Avatar
2007 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NotfromOxford, MS
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
Wow...that's pretty intense...you should be in the movies........

Have you ever seen Debbie does Dallas the return?....

I'm not in that movie.

Gone but not forgotten: '86 CJ7, '06 Wrangler X, '03 Rubicon, '97 Wrangler, '77 CJ5, '74 CJ5(RIP)...gone and forgotten: 07 JK Sahara Unlimited, '78 CJ5


Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline  
post #79 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
0blcktj6
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
Have you ever seen Debbie does Dallas the return?....

I'm not in that movie.
Ohh yea!!

I've never seen that movie.

3" Currie progressives, OME Shocks, 1" BL, 1" MML, 35x12.50" KM2's, 4.88's, Detroit in rear, Vanco BBK, Currie CA's

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline  
post #80 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 PM
woody-77
Vulcan FTW
 
woody-77's Avatar
2007 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NotfromOxford, MS
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
Ohh yea!!

I've never seen that movie.

You should...it's a classic....,,,,puts the original to shame....


and I will edit myself on my previous post...it is...

Debbie does Dallas the Revenge....

Gone but not forgotten: '86 CJ7, '06 Wrangler X, '03 Rubicon, '97 Wrangler, '77 CJ5, '74 CJ5(RIP)...gone and forgotten: 07 JK Sahara Unlimited, '78 CJ5


Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline  
post #81 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 10:33 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley
Posts: 29,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by white98xj
not to sound like a dick or anything, this is an actuall question, with no intention of pissing anyone off....

Do you guys(African Americans) get mad when you see the confederate flag on something? or do you think its disrespectfull? I just think that flag is a cooler design, dont get me wrong, the american flag is bad ***, i just like the confederate flag as well.

Just was something i have always wondered about...
I don't know if African Americans get irritated over the Confederate flag, but I do. It's a symbol of a time past that should be remembered only as a period in our history never to be repeated and lessons to be learned.

However, I do respect your right to fly, just as you shall respect my right to dislike it. I view it in the same context as the Mexican Flag which flew legitimately over parts of our country before those areas became states.

The states that formed the Confederacy have long since become reinstated as part of the United States, so the confederate flag has the same reasons to be flown as Texas flying the Mexican flag, which is none.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
mrblaine is offline  
post #82 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 11:45 PM
zworld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ks
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
I don't know if African Americans get irritated over the Confederate flag, but I do. It's a symbol of a time past that should be remembered only as a period in our history never to be repeated and lessons to be learned.

However, I do respect your right to fly, just as you shall respect my right to dislike it. I view it in the same context as the Mexican Flag which flew legitimately over parts of our country before those areas became states.

The states that formed the Confederacy have long since become reinstated as part of the United States, so the confederate flag has the same reasons to be flown as Texas flying the Mexican flag, which is none.
I think the confederate flag is just a form of southern pride, the civil war was more about states rights than slavery.

99 TJ, 4cyl, 5spd, 32x11.5 Mickey Thompson ATZ American Racing wheels, green with black soft top, BB 2.25 spacers, Skyjacker shocks.
zworld is offline  
post #83 of 116 Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM
jeepsarecool
Registered User
 
jeepsarecool's Avatar
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,138
Wow, black people MUST be rare in the jeep community because you people are asking him questions like he's the only one you've ever met.

It's true though, I've seen VERY FEW black people in wranglers. I think I saw one a few weeks back and it was a surprise. I also worked with one black girl that said she liked my jeep and that her cousin had one that they cruised around in with the top off of.

It's pretty rare though. I know one thing - if I'd seen a hot black girl in a CJ back when I was single I'd have made her my own. I like rare things.

Check out my Art


CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline  
post #84 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 03:03 AM
CunningLinguist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 667
Ever wheeled with Arabs? Alot of fun. Kinda like that scene in Team America...

Just Empty Every Pocket!
02 WJ Limited V8, KRC Engine, RAM45 545RFE Trans, Clayton Long Arm.
03 WJ Laredo I6, IRO 4", 31x11.5 LTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline  
post #85 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 AM
balloo93
Little Red Menace
 
balloo93's Avatar
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 20,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
You scare me .....................

Oh, he's not that scary....after all he does own a cute wittle bunny wabbit



There is a black gentleman down the street from me and he drives a Silver YJ with TJ flares and Rubi rims (Moabs).

I work with a black gentleman that drives a 00 XJ that he has lifted. He has the grill gaurds and skid plates, but has only wheeled it once or twice.

93 Sport
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy............Ben Franklin


Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline  
post #86 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
idencustom
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
Wow, black people MUST be rare in the jeep community because you people are asking him questions like he's the only one you've ever met.

It's true though, I've seen VERY FEW black people in wranglers. I think I saw one a few weeks back and it was a surprise. I also worked with one black girl that said she liked my jeep and that her cousin had one that they cruised around in with the top off of.

It's pretty rare though. I know one thing - if I'd seen a hot black girl in a CJ back when I was single I'd have made her my own. I like rare things.
Funny...

I never saw the confederate flag until i moved to Georgia... Let's just say.. you get use to it here. I see it on the side of trucks, hanging from homes and flapping from motorcycles. Initially, I was told to avoid anyone in the south who waved the flag... but, i've since learn that's not always the case. Some people seem to just be really upset that the South joined the North many years ago... and even tho they seem to be the great-great-grandchildren of the men of that war... they still miss the ol' days?
idencustom is offline  
post #87 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
idencustom
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 40
While this thread remains a mature theme... why is it that Italian-American, Irish-American, and Polish-American not seen in the same light as African-American?

If find that when I ask my Italian friends born in the US... they claim.. "I'm Italian", before they say they are American...

I was in a community in the North Bronx, and I swear the people there seem to still think they were in Ireland... singing praise Ireland songs.. and spewing Irish love...

But the term African-American seems to bother those same people... strange...
idencustom is offline  
post #88 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 AM
87XJ00TJ
Registered User
 
87XJ00TJ's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
It's pretty rare though. I know one thing - if I'd seen a hot black girl in a CJ back when I was single I'd have made her my own. I like rare things.
No kidding...if you happen to find a group of hot Jeep driving girls of any race shoot me a PM.

I dated a black girl a couple years ago that was in love with my beat up old XJ. In fact most girls love that thing...maybe I should go back to driving that instead of my TJ...NAH!
87XJ00TJ is offline  
post #89 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 06:25 AM
SpoiledRotten
Registered User
 
SpoiledRotten's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by idencustom
While this thread remains a mature theme... why is it that Italian-American, Irish-American, and Polish-American not seen in the same light as African-American?

If find that when I ask my Italian friends born in the US... they claim.. "I'm Italian", before they say they are American...

I was in a community in the North Bronx, and I swear the people there seem to still think they were in Ireland... singing praise Ireland songs.. and spewing Irish love...

But the term African-American seems to bother those same people... strange...
Because those different "Whatever-American" are still classified as white. The white people have never had to try to gain respect through a name classification. That is why the blacks have changed their classification so many times....in hopes to find something that would make them feel equal and better about themselves. The thing they don't seem to understand is that it doesn't happen that way, especially when they still use the one word to address each other and you all know what that word is. I hear them use that word in their street thug rap crap and in just talking about another family member. They call each other the same word that infuriates them when they hear it come from the mouth of a white person. That is when they pull in the Jessie Jacksons and Al Sharptons to defend their honor.
If you want respect from others, you first have to respect yourself.

Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline  
post #90 of 116 Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
idencustom
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten
Because those different "Whatever-American" are still classified as white. The white people have never had to try to gain respect through a name classification. That is why the blacks have changed their classification so many times....in hopes to find something that would make them feel equal and better about themselves. The thing they don't seem to understand is that it doesn't happen that way, especially when they still use the one word to address each other and you all know what that word is. I hear them use that word in their street thug rap crap and in just talking about another family member. They call each other the same word that infuriates them when they hear it come from the mouth of a white person. That is when they pull in the Jessie Jacksons and Al Sharptons to defend their honor.
If you want respect from others, you first have to respect yourself.
Decent rebuttal.
idencustom is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep owner's bible? mdawg89 General Discussion 5 08-25-2009 12:37 PM
American's don't pay... RockWoRM General Discussion 19 04-17-2007 06:30 AM
The Color Black XJ_Chris_99 General Discussion 285 01-21-2007 01:58 PM
An American's Rant Scafone General Discussion 25 03-05-2003 06:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome