Temporary walls? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Temporary walls?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 06-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
YamahaDrtRdr
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Temporary walls?

I'm moving into my friends apartment loft this fall. The only problem is, my 'room' only has 3 walls. I want to build a 4th wall for some privacy. Does anyone have ideas on how to make that 4th wall? Framing a temporary wall was already shot down by management. I've thought about a giant book shelf or lockers. What do you all think?

Matt

Unread 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I've been considering building a temporary wall in my apartment. I have a useless 3' long hallway (a couch is in its way) that I'd like to put up a temp wall.
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Get a giant piece of industrial canvas and make a curtain across the entire opening. If you use the right kind of hardware they can turn out very cool.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Just share a room. More space for other stuff then.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

2x 3x8 studs and 4x8 mdf sheet(you can find it with the paneling sheets and not the 3/4 inch stuff) .You can get it at Home depot or Leows .did the samething for a temp wall some screws ,and finish nails is all you need.Put mdf sheet on each side of the studs if you want a finished look on bothsides.If you want a finished look use a paneling sheets.
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.