Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

tellico help

843 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  'drack 
#1 ·
I am planning a trip to Tellico NC in about a month, and was wondering if anyone had some info, tips, etc to pass along? Which trails are easy, too difficult, etc.
Im in a 98 I6, auto 2" lift and 31" tires, will have a winch with us. Any websites? I got one map already. TIA

#3 ·
Never been there, so I can't help ya out, but I'd love to make it down there some time. Do us a favor and take some pics and post a "review" type thread when ya get back to let us know how ya liked it :D . I've got Paragon in my backyard, but wanna try and get to as many different venues as I can in the future and Tellico can be a nice week trip. Couple days @ OBX, then shoot across the state for some trails :D . Now, I just gotta get the wife to buy into it ;) .

Keith

#6 ·
I will definitely bring back info and a review, will have the digital camera as well. The other vehicle is a well modded Discovery I, belongs to a friend from Roanoke, and he has not been there either. We are getting ready for the Lnad Rover Mid Atlantic Rally here in Va, and have some time in the middle of the week to do some explorin'. Looks pretty scary in places, based on the pics from some of the sites.:eek:

#7 ·
What are the requirements for going? Do you have to make a reservation? Is there a minimum # of vehicles that must be in a group? Do you need a guide? Like I said, I'm interested and am just looking into some info since the thread popped up :D .

Keith

#8 ·
First, I have some pics from the RCR up there, March of '01. I also have some from when Woody (my son) and I went December of last year, as well. Sam (aka Jeeperman) met us up there. It was a lot of fun.

Click there ---- >> Webshots

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'drack said:
What are the requirements for going?
Yep. Gotta wanna wheel. :D

Seriously, there are trails from ... 'bunny' slopes to ... "Are you freakin' nuts!?" There are a couple I believe, that are restricted to four-wheelers though. Just check a map for the area for details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'drack said:
Do you have to make a reservation?
Only if you are stayin' at a local hotel/motel. The best price I have seen so far is at:

The West Motel
691 Andrews Road
Murphy, NC 28906
(691) 837-2012

He usually has a special deal he will cut for off-roaders. Super nice indian dude.

The rooms aren't anything fancy. But, they are clean and are WARM in the winter and cool in the summer. :)

'drack said:
Is there a minimum # of vehicles that must be in a group?
Well, from my experience in wheeling ... never go alone. So ... two would be my personal minimum. I will say this, I will never go to ANY event in the future, where you have 15 or more Jeeps on a ride. Once you get that many, you start taking the fun out of it. It just gets too slow. Especially when you have a jerk with T-birds, 2"AALs ... and STILL connected!

'drack said:
Do you need a guide?
Nope. As long as you can read a map, you are good. Go to the entrance, pay your $5.00 (US) and have at it.

I hope this helps ya out.

BTW ... for future reference on any organized off-road events .... S.I.T.R. sucks. That company lies to it's customers, they charge too much, and you can do the same thing ... for FREE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.