Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tell me why you think you deserve a 1 year membership...

5K views 78 replies 48 participants last post by  blackblazer92 
#1 · (Edited)
I am in the mood again to get someone a year membership, maybe 2 and would like to know who would like one.

Post here why you think you deserve to get a membership. This is for registered members only! If you already have a membership, even if it runs out in a month, you do not qualify. Dont feed me a line of bs because that will just make me move on to the next post. Tell me a little about yourself and what you have done to make this forum a better place. And keep it clean, follow the rules of the forum! You have until Feb 6 at noon on the east coast to post it and I will make my decision the next day. Anything posted after noon will not be considered. Good luck!

Go.

:thumbsup:

#33 ·
My girlfriend left me
My dog died
I got a toothache
I have no ice cream.

Good enough? :cheers: :cheers2:

#34 ·
And I am officially dropping out. Someone (I don't know who???) Gracously upgraded my account.

#36 ·
The real reason to give it to anyone is that the best candidate has already been upgraded, and now it is up to the second best.

#37 · (Edited)
Well, a little about me. Freshman at college, going for a general AA at the moment. Will hopefully soon do an apprenticeship at the local PUD to be a lineman.

To make this forum a better place, I try not to include on the BS, I help whenever I know how to, with out trying to help so much that I start giving advice things I have only read about and had no personal experience with. I try to give... "real world advice". I also report posts that need it, and when someone is being a D-bag I will call them out on it and tell them why I think they are, and why they need to stop and leave the OP alone. I also beleive what goes around comes around (The karma effect), and though I cant purchase one now, I will end up buying one for someone later when I can afford it, if I so happen to win this.

:wave:

Oh yeah, and I daily a TJ on 35s, and I am shortly going to be doing a full frame off restore on a CJ3a, and have bought, (then sold) a 90 XJ on 35s that I wheeled hard for about a month. Then I wanted more money for my TJ lol. :cheers2:

And because no thread is ever complete with out a picture

Lastly, I would just like to say that the only reason I am applying for this is to help out JF. I would definitely buy my own if I wasn't already paying off my welding, while barely working and in school all at the same time. Its a Miller 211, just to let you know. I try not to get greedy and apply for every membership opportunity possible, but this is definitely a good cause, and I would love to have it. Jeepforum is definitely my most favorite forum to be on. Period. It's helped me more ways then I can think of. I've even met a few people off this site, wheeled with them, and got three of my friends to sign up.

#38 ·
I will take a shot at it... I have been here for a couple years but lately i have been more involved in the online Jeep community. I help out with problems that have already happened with my Jeep, I help out with people with personal problems. I enjoy getting to know the people here and some of them are so nice and helpful. I make sure not to be one of the poeple that is rude and condesceding. This is my favorite place to be i love learning as much as i can about Jeeps so i can help myself, and others.

I will also give you the I'm unemployed and can't pay for it myself because i have to buy some oil for the Jeep :)

#39 · (Edited)
One. Im going to college full time. I'm majoring in mechanical engineering, which requires 17 credits per term with no electives.

Two. I also work full time to pay for my schooling, and STILL need student loans to pay for a very expensive mech program.

Three. I suffered the worst documented shoulder injury in the entire US in 2005 while racing motocross. Afterward, I declined a green card as I thought it would make me a weaker person.

Four. I volunteer from 8 til noon, 2 til 5 every saturday at the local boys and girls club.

Five. I send a playboy to one of my best friends currently in the military, every month.

And lastly because,
tonight... I passed up sex... with this girl... to work on my jeep :brickwall

#44 ·
Ok, so my name is David. I own 2 jeeps, a 06 TJ and an 05 WK. While I am not technically savvy, I offer humor and graphic design skills. I want desperately to become a member, but haven’t had the extra cash to do so.

I am on here everyday, literally, and post an average of 3 times a day. I enjoy the community here and value the input from members here. I already know that if I had come to this forum BEFORE I bought my 06 TJ, I would be in a better spot.

I already designed the 2010 National Topless Day sticker, and distributed it free of charge to members wishing to participate. I have dedicated a lot of my time to various other threads involving graphics.

When I get some free cash, I am going to build my TJ and will obviously post up a build thread. Whenever I run into anything new I will post it here.

And finally, I am loyal to JeepForum and JeepForum only. I belong to no other forums. That is why I think I deserve it.

May the Best Man Sincerely Win,

David Field

#51 ·
because i entertained u guys for months building this and just spent all my money on gears and lockers,

and i may be able to get u a date with my sis

if u promise to keep your hands to yourself lol :nono:

#52 ·
1) I am a struggling student at UNC who cant afford to renew my membership in March (ok I am lying but it would help me)

2) I am joining the Marines when I get out of this liberal hippie college

3) I am a fellow Durtyroker

4)Well, why not?
:cheers2:

#53 ·
Alright Ab, here's the deal:
JF needs the money, right? Let's play "pay it forward".
I suggest that if you buy me one, I will buy one for the next guy/gal that says they will buy one for the next person that steps up and agrees to the same. Deja vue over and over again. And, make it a first one that steps up instead of waiting, so we could get several in a day. What say you?

#54 ·
Jeff, donate a year to 97casteeltj. I think he deserves it.

I know, random...but he has given a lot of good info to a lot of people in the TJ tech forum. I just think he deserves it.

Ok, carry on.

#58 ·
I think I should get a membership because I always respond thoughtfully when a post is put up, help people with common interior problems and always SEARCH before putting up a thread that has been discussed 80 times. Also when someone has a problem that they really need to fix, I don't just say, "Go buy a honda" or some other one line bs. I also try to be patient with people before getting angry and usually only come out of my shell if I have seen a certain someone bash someone else.

And a little about myself? Well for starters I love to actually work on any kind of car (including jeeps) and have admired Jeeps for a long, long time before I have bought at least 2. I go to college for nursing in Milwaukee and I can't wait to graduate.

btw: Nice avatar Dr Frankensteen.

#59 ·
I think the person that deserves the membership the most is the person that pays for the site. I haven't been here long but I think his name is Keith. I would say that it really doesn't matter who gets the membership just as long as someone does. I am not a premium member because I really can't afford it. I just bought my Jeep and it is bone stock and will stay that way until the money fairy comes to visit me or my rich uncle gets out of the poor house.

If you want to buy me a membership I will most definitely appreciate it but I will definitely buy it myself as soon as I can. I would like to be a lifetime member but I can't front the $200 bones for that. That is why I suggested in another thread to make the life membership available with a payment plan.

#61 ·
Ok, I tried to pick 2 winners but I couldn't do it based off everyones story. So to make it fair I took everyones name and put it on a strip of paper, folded them up and put them in a bowl. I picked 5 names, then put those 5 names back in the bowl and the first one I picked got a 6 month membership and the second name got a 1 year membership.

The winners are...

6 month membership was given to christine1003

1 year membership was given to Arrizx

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who played!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.