Teddy's Endorsement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Teddy's Endorsement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
indianrefining

Teddy's Endorsement

Dear old Teddy has lent his considerable "weight" to the campaign of Barak Hussein Obama. Obama sent along his thanks, but declined on Teddy's invitation to a party on Chapaquidick.

indianrefining is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

I think the Kennedys are experiencing a lack of whogivesadamn from the American populace. I didn't know Kennedy (JFK) had a daughter, much less do I even care what her opinion was.

Why would her opinion matter? Same with Ted. He's an old scumbag like JFK would have been.

The Kennedys got their money and power because their dear old dad was a bootlegging criminal during prohibition. Maybe if my dad was Jack the Ripper I would stand a good chance?
[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Black Jeep Club member #127[/FONT][/B]
fastredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
jrh

I think it would be nice if Ted offered to drive Hillary around.
jrh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
Bgeddes
Ridin' with the King

'Ted Kennedy's driving has killed more people than my guns'
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
SlimShady
Camel Jockey Express.

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's a great thing.......I mean think about it...............most semi-intelligent Americans already had a reason to dislike and distrust Hillary, but Obama was an unknown quantity and therefore he was given the benefit of the doubt. Now that's no longer the issue as anyone with even a modicum of intelligence or common sense will be smart enough to know that if he's in bed with Teddy K he can't and won't be good for the country.

230gr @ 950 feet per second says you won't steal my property!!
SlimShady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
Willys2TJ

A picture of drunken Teddy and Hussein Obama arm-in-arm.

Should make a great political ad, for the Republicans.

Only thing better would be Hussein and Boxer/Feinstein snuggling up with Pelosi on her knees in front.

I see a Dukakis size landslide coming.
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #7
PJL
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredjeep
The Kennedys got their money and power because their dear old dad was a bootlegging criminal during prohibition. Maybe if my dad was Jack the Ripper I would stand a good chance?
And George Bush's grandfather laundered money for the Nazis. Who cares?
PJL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #8
SlimShady
Camel Jockey Express.

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL
And George Bush's grandfather laundered money for the Nazis. Who cares?
Pretty sure this thread was about Ted Kennedy and Barack Obama, you know, the guy running for office THIS election.

Typical liberal, 4 years behind reality..........

Unread 01-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Well I do have to thank Ted. At least he isn't supporting Clinton. All we have to worry about now is keeping this terrorist out of office.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #10
PJL
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^ What exactly makes him a "terrorist?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RReno
Pretty sure this thread was about Ted Kennedy and Barack Obama, you know, the guy running for office THIS election.

Typical liberal, 4 years behind reality..........
Typical conservative, showing a complete lack in the understanding of context, since I was just using an example to emphasize the fact that how Joe Kennedy made the family fortune is completely irrelevant to the fact that Ted Kennedy is supporting Barack Obama or pretty much anything else. So, in other words, you're absolutely right, my comment had nothing to do with Ted Kennedy and Barack Obama, but neither did his comment. But hey, grasp at whatever straws you have to to try to use "liberal" as an epithet. Oh, I forgot, anyone who disagrees with you lacks common sense or whatever other stupid crap you say instead of making real points.
PJL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #11
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL

Typical conservative, showing a complete lack in the understanding of context, since I was just using an example to emphasize the fact that how Joe Kennedy made the family fortune is completely irrelevant to the fact that Ted Kennedy is supporting Barack Obama or pretty much anything else. So, in other words, you're absolutely right, my comment had nothing to do with Ted Kennedy and Barack Obama, but neither did his comment. But hey, grasp at whatever straws you have to to try to use "liberal" as an epithet. Oh, I forgot, anyone who disagrees with you lacks common sense or whatever other stupid crap you say instead of making real points.
clearly you lack common sense, liberal.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:40 AM   #12
AlTheKillerr

yes... damn the liberals
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:41 AM   #13
SlimShady
Camel Jockey Express.

2005 TJ Wrangler 

No straw grasping here amigo, I can call you that since you added me to your friends list right???

The fact of the matter is that the thread is about Obama receiving Teddy the wonder drunk's endorsement.........not about how his family or Bush's family made their money. To throw the comparison that you made out is merely an obvious attempt to take a shot at the Bush Presidency as opposed to adding anything constructive to the thread.

And quite honestly, liberal should be an epithet as far as I'm concerned as most of them and the policies they support and the beliefs they espouse are diametrically opposed to the ideals this country was founded on.

Unread 01-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #14
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL
Do you not know what his name is?
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:38 AM   #15
SlimShady
Camel Jockey Express.

2005 TJ Wrangler 

For my new "friend" PJL. Just to clear up the statements you made concerning Prescott Bush in comparison to Joseph Kennedy.

Bush:
Harriman Bank was the main Wall Street connection for several German companies and the varied U.S. financial interests of Fritz Thyssen. Thyssen had been an early financial backer of the Nazi party until 1938, but by 1939 had fled Germany and was bitterly denouncing Hitler. He was later jailed by the Nazis for his opposition to the regime. Business transactions with Germany were not illegal when Hitler declared war on the United States on December 11, 1941, but, six days after the attack on Pearl Harbor, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the Trading With the Enemy Act after it had been made public that U.S. companies were doing business with the declared enemy of the United States. On October 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of German banking operations in New York City. Roosevelt's Alien Property Custodian, Leo T. Crowley, signed Vesting Order Number 248 seizing Bush's property under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The order cited only the Union Banking Corporation (UBC), of which Bush was a director and held one share, which had connections with a Dutch bank owned by Thyssen. Fox News has reported that recently declassified material reveals that the 4,000 Union Banking shares owned by the Dutch bank were registered in the names of the seven U.S. directors, according a document signed by Homer Jones, chief of the division of investigation and research of the Office of Alien Property Custodian, a World War II-era agency. [5]. By 1941 Thyssen no longer had control over his banking empire, which was in the hands of the Nazi government.

Kennedy:
Kennedy was a prominent importer of alcoholic drinks from Canada into the USA during prohibition, and acquired a considerable fortune from this. After Prohibition ended, Kennedy consolidated an even larger fortune when his company, Somerset Importers, became the exclusive American agent for Gordon's Dry Gin and Dewar's Scotch. Anticipating the end of Prohibition, he assembled a large inventory of stock, which he later sold for a profit of millions of dollars when Prohibition was repealed in 1933. He invested this money in residential and commercial real estate in New York, and Hialeah Race Track in Hialeah, Florida. His most important purchase was the largest office building in the country, Chicago's Merchandise Mart, which gave his family an important base in that city and an alliance with the Irish-American political leadership there.

So lemme see, one share of stock in a company that was indirectly tied to another company that did business with the bad guys as opposed to knowingly and intentionally importing and selling illegal substances (yes I know Prohibition was a stupid attempt at legislating morality and shouldn't have happened but that's not germane to this particular issue now is it??) and then stockpiling same in order to turn a windfall profit when said law was overturned.
Hmmm.........I suppose to a Liberal they are one and the same, but to someone with a thought process that functions above the single celled amoeba level, one is obviously worse than the other.

Source was Wikipedia but there are plenty of others out there, I just used them because it was easier to cut and paste it in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.