Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Stupid people seriously what the .......

2K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  cooltc2004 
#1 ·
I'm sick of stupid people . Maybe its cause Im hung over like a champ and a little ticked that I got called into work on my day off to cover for someone who wont cover for anyone, and Im not in a mood to deal with some of these morons who come in for service on their cars today.

Here's how my day is going so far.

Customer : " I let someone borrow my car wensday and My brake warning light wont go off and the car feels sluggish and I smell a burning smell"

Me: is the parking brake on

Customer: No.

Me: Let me Check it out real quick .(I goto the car the parking brake is on...... I take off the parking brake the Light goes off )

Me: Your parking brake was on its off now and the Light went out.

Customer: Cool ! how did you get the light to go out

Me:black magic.

Customer: whats that?

Me: Google it.

Seriously how stupid do you have to be to not know how to put you damn e-brake handle down press in the button and lower the damn handle .

See less See more
#5 ·
Haha...........

(sorry you got called into work... I love my M-F 8-4:30 job with a 4 street commute!)
We all cant be that lucky I have a M-F 7:30-5 shift but I have a 1/8th mile drive so Im usually the first one they call on sat if they need someone to cover. since im so close I need to move further away

#4 ·
I am at work right now. There is a lady on the tread mill in the fitness room all alone who keeps "whoooooting" really loud

#10 ·
my boss does not whine...

then again he is NEVER here and when he is he does absolutely nothing

#12 ·
It makes you wonder how some people got far enough to even have a car to ask stupid questions about. It's a shame that lately it seems some people in society are too rediculous to even laugh about, instead they leave and you just sit there shaking your head.

#15 ·
The people I work with knew I was traveling out of state to visit family. They still called me last night because the receptionist is too knocked up to work Saturdays. She always has an excuse as to why she cannot work her set hours. Her excuses always involve her baby or the one she is pregnant with. I knew I was going to be in late last night, but I lied and told them I was gonna be out of town untill Sunday night.

Too many people have thier priorities mixed up. If you are gonna work, go to work. If you want to lay out all night, get a job where you work a later shift. If you make the choice to have a ton of babies then make that your priority & raise your kids. Had to vent! This chick really aggrevates me.

#20 ·
dude, i always came in when asked. why not? OT pay is good or if it isnt, the extra bucks help. what else would I be doing on a Saturday afternoon, watching tv and wasting time. you guys should really get the hispanic or asian work ethic. not this crappy white ethic you all seem to have

#21 ·
i know that it wasn't until recently that i even started taking work seriously- i was what is known as a "job hopper" for a LONG time. 2 years ago, i had 6 or 7 jobs in one year. i am almost 21 years old and i'm just now realizing what most normal people do...and thats work. i hated it for a long time and still do sometimes, but it pays the bills, pays for the jeep, and keeps me busy. my boyfriend gets mad at me because i'm always tired by 10pm now- i used to be able to stay up until2 or 3 and would then have to make excuses of why i couldn't go to work. but i enjoy the working life...keeps me distracted from all the bullsh*t that goes on all around me...

#22 ·
What is this 'Over-Time' you speak of?

#29 ·
Here in VA you have to be Mexican and speak spanish apparently.
I applied for like everything since money was running out and they denied every last thing. I call the offices and like some lady for welfare or something acted like I was full of **** and told me I was wasting her time on a fake injury.

Apparently being able to do nothing more than lay in a bed while the left half of me vibrated from 2 disks shoved into a nerve is bull**** :dunno:

#31 ·
i worked at a gas station with a garage connected to it. so everyone assumes that the guy behind the counter is a mechanic as well.. anyways. i got 2 good ones that happened while i was working.

1) one day a guy came in freaking out because both blinkers were going off at the same time.. comes in and asks me to fix it for him.. after about 2 seconds of looking. realized the 4 way flasher button was behind the cup holder.. he set his coffee down, hit the button by accident, and didnt know what the 4 ways were.

2) and even worse

this lady who comes in regulary that is alway a know it all type ***** and drives a POS honda civic and thinks the world of her car comes in, runs in and says that her gas pedal is stuck and needed someone to fix it. me and another guy go out and try to see what we can do. but didnt really know what we were doing and couldnt fix it.

we ask her if she wants to use our phone to call someone to pick her up, or get a tow somewheres. shes like "no its fine, i just live a few kilometers away i'll be fine'

we both kind of look at eachother as she starts the car up, rev's and bounces off the rev limiter and controls her speed with her clutch alone untill she gets home.

#33 ·
I have a good one, I work merchandise at a minor league baseball stadium. We are maybe 50 ft across the street from a body shop/wrecker service. One day this lady comes in and says she locked her keys in the car and wanted to know if we had a slim jim. I said no mam we don't, she said do you have a phonebook so I can call a locksmith? I said mam if you look across the street thats a body shop that can probably help you better than I can. LOL she said ohh thank you

#34 ·
On that my dad told me when he was alive. He ran a garage and a lady pulled in and said she ran out of gas and wanted a $1.00 of gas.(gas was 15.9 per gallon) He looked under the plate and no feeler neck. Looks around and finds no gas door on side of car. So he asks her if they had moved the filler neck? She said it was in the back. So he looks under the car and there is no gas tank there. He tells her she does not have a gas tank under her car. So she gets out and looks and said it quit running when she went over the railroad tracks. So they look down the road and there is a gas tank in the road.

#35 ·
I had a friend years ago that was a service manager for a small dealership, and he always told me how people would just complain and never thanked them for anything when they were a really good shop. I could relate at the time as back then I managed a print shop, and it was much the same. People would always want something for free or pay what they wanted, and were just generally rude. Boy did I drink a lot.

Now I'll never work with the general public ever again. Plus I am always very nice to service workers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.