Study Habits. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Study Habits.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Study Habits.

I have finals coming up and I have horrible study habits. Unfortunately, i cant screw up this semester. What do you guys do to study for a big test? I have a psych test and i have to study 13 chapters by next Wednesday.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Im giving my MW2 disc to my gf until my finals are done.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Secret_Squirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

pshhh, its finals week here, AND im on academic probation, but i still find time for MW2. (ive gotten good grades on all my finals so far).
I would install 24" wheels, chrome tube bumpers, blue fluorescent undercarriage lights, fuzzy dice, a chrome chain steering wheel, imitation leopard-skin seat covers, coffee-can ricer exhaust, and play rap music at full volume with twin 12" subwoofers cranked up to max thump power in my TJ before I'd install a 3" body lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Why is it that you
Must always type like a Haiku?
Butterflies
Secret_Squirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
Im giving my MW2 disc to my gf until my finals are done.
This definitely works. I took my XBOX down to my buddy's dorm and left it there. Then sucked down a couple red bulls lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I have finals coming up and I have horrible study habits. Unfortunately, i cant screw up this semester. What do you guys do to study for a big test? I have a psych test and i have to study 13 chapters by next Wednesday.
STAY AWAY FROM COD! hahah. But just make sure you take breaks every 30-45 mins 'cause you'll go crazy if you try to force yourself to sit and study for 3 hours straight.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I re-read chapters and notes. Only thing I can do, but I have to have on background noise. Make sure it is something you know by heart so it wont distract you\

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I plan on staying away from COD, only playing it when i have time. tonight and tomorrow will probably be my last late night playing it until finals are over.

I can only try to "study" when music is playing, so i guess pandora is going to come in handy. Keep em comin guys.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

back when I was in college I would do all of my studying at school, and not leave until it was done, no distractions. I would also make cheat sheets for all my finals cramming as much stuff as I could possibly need onto the smallest possible piece of paper, all the important formulas, entire problems that had tricky solutions etc, of course I never had to use them as the process of making them actually helped me memorize what I needed to know. I graduated so it must have worked
good luck with the finals! I always had a love/hate relationship with finals, didn't help that alot of my finals were 50+% percent of the final grade but when they were over...party time!

my Jeepspeed build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dez-racer-xj-build-367176/
skullver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

I cover all of the material as many times as I can. Then I make a short review sheet of all the little lists and random bits of info to read over in the final moments leading up to the exam. Finally, get a decent amount of sleep the night before, you WILL do better than if you stay up all night cramming.

Good Luck!
BLUE JEEP #237
BAMAJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys,

Oh joy, I just found out my Justice administration exam is next weds too...those are my only exams on the same day. I'm gonna be one grumpy mofo for the next week.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Study? What is this study you speak of?

J/k, lately I have been reviewing my notes the night before the test. So far I've gotten 100 or higher so I guess it's working.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
KevinR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm more of a morning person. So I wake up early and study before anyone else in the dorm is up. Then I have the whole day to do whatever. As for what I study, I read the chapters when we cover them in class, then flip through them a couple times a week after that. Also, I'll go back and work a couple of problems from each section to make sure I remember what variables are what.
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post

J/k, lately I have been reviewing my notes the night before the test. So far I've gotten 100 or higher so I guess it's working.

That's what i normally do. I usually can't study a week in advance, so i would wait till 1-2 days b4 the test then start it....usually 1 day so i dont forget then study again in the morning. But with this much of a workload i cannot do that.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
ChasY
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What I usually do first is for each chapter I just write down everything I know off the top of my head. After I have done this for each chapter I go back and verify that its all correct and then fill in the stuff that I forgot about. After this, I repeat the whole process until I dont have to fill anything in. Even if you dont remember every single little thing, it helps to just have a standard process. It makes studying much easier

Good Luck!

my last final was today. hope this helps
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post

Might need to explain that
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
Might need to explain that
My calc prof. always makes the tests with one extra question, so you can skip one and get 100 or do them all and get 110.

My other classes this semester are all CAD, and I don't have any notes, and we don't use the book, so I don't study.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.