Study abroad? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Study abroad?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Study abroad?

Hey,

anyone have any experience with any study abroad programs? I've been thinking about it, so has the girl, It'd be pretty cool if we could go somewhere similar during that semester...

I've always wanted to go to australia or new zealand, and last semester we had a guest lecture by some folks from new zealand, pretty interesting stuff they are doing related to landscape architecture...

anyways, just looking for info, advice, things to consider, from y'all.

my only problem is that whatever program I do will have no direct credit to my major, but something like horticulture or plannning or some art would be entirely useful knowledge to have, and I'm told the experience alone is worth it...

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

None. No experience whatsoever. But do it anyway. It's the best time of your life. My girl's in Espana, I'm in Britain. Close enough, but far enough.

edit: take an art history course. I believe there's one in Siena, Italy, or Rome, Italy. I know there are others too. You could probably appeal that it's a class on classical architecture, and get credit for it. I appealed that all my medieval literature last year in Florence was history, and they accepted it

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've always wanted to go to Germany for a semester. Hasn't happened yet
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

I studied a broad one time.....I also studied a blonde and a red head.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie
None. No experience whatsoever. But do it anyway. It's the best time of your life. My girl's in Espana, I'm in Britain. Close enough, but far enough.

edit: take an art history course. I believe there's one in Siena, Italy, or Rome, Italy. I know there are others too. You could probably appeal that it's a class on classical architecture, and get credit for it. I appealed that all my medieval literature last year in Florence was history, and they accepted it
i dont wanna go to europe.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

its a great time you should totally do it.
I did and went to China and it was an awesome time
don't pass it up!

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
badtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Spent a year in Europe doing the study abroad thing (Florence, Italy). Well worth it just for the experience.

If you wanted to actually find something in your field, I know you said you don't want to do Europe, but that would probably be the place to go with all of the formal gardens in France, Germany, Austria, and Italy.

No matter where you go though, you shouldn't regret it....unless you study somewhere like Siberia.

Metalhead Jeep Club #2
badtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
StvDiego

i spent several months at a monastery in Italy in a history/philosophy study program. An amazing expreience. If you get an opportunity to study overseas, definetly go for it.

A friend of mine just got back from Korea where he and his gf taught english as part of their master's program. That might be a possibility, trade english lessons for school/study time. They loved it.

Do it, you won't regret it
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.