Storage units? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Storage units?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Jeep_Fanatic
2012 MK Compass 

Storage units?

Im currently looking for a storage unit to keep my truck for a few months. Uhaul has a 10x20 for 139.99 month.

Im looking for something alot cheaper. Or is that what they run for? Anyone ever stored a vehicle before? Any input would be appreciated

Unread 10-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Closest to a vehicle that I ever stored was a trailer with a pair of jetskis. The hard top and doors from our 4-door JK stay in storage all year round, so portions of a vehicle.

Price sounds about right; you can compare rates online against Public Storage and Extra Space (if they're in your area). Usually, the little independent operators are cheaper, but security and management is going to be hit and miss.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
rcrupper
2007 JK Wrangler 

Go look for a boat storage. Usually cheaper, sometimes a dirt floor but that won't hurt.
rcrupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

A lot of it depends on location. I can get a 10x20 around here for about $75. U haul and those big chain places are usually considerably higher than most of the smaller places. Shop around I'm sure you'll find something under $100. A lot of places advertise on craigslist to help narrow it down.
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Fanatic View Post
Im currently looking for a storage unit to keep my truck for a few months. Uhaul has a 10x20 for 139.99 month.

Im looking for something alot cheaper. Or is that what they run for? Anyone ever stored a vehicle before? Any input would be appreciated
Be happy you dont live in ND man anything here now days is a joke! Everything pays real good though so its about the same as normal I guess. I think my bud is paying 200+ for his unit.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have outside storage on my cutlass and its only 35 a month.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.