Stereo with USB and SD card slot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Stereo with USB and SD card slot

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
howardusa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Stereo with USB and SD card slot

I have a perfectly good in dash stereo but am thinking about getting one that has a USB port and SD card. I have a 10 CD changer and this would eliminate the need for that. Also it's much easier to transfer music to a flash drive or SD card. Does anyone have a unit like this and do you like it? Clarion is the only brand I see with these options although I haven't done an extensive search.
HT

howardusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
aggiejeep07

Just get one with an ipod adapter, assuming you have an ipod.
aggiejeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
bono426
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i have a sony one and its sick has usb, aux and ipod cable included, i got it from circuit city, 150
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
Rollin
2011 WK 

Sony FTL
Alpine FTW

Alpine has the iPod adapter that is full speed meaning you can run the ipod from the headunit. Its nice

84k Miles

Imported from Detroit
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
bono426
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yea u can do that with mine too
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have an Alpine headunit in my truck that has the Ipod adapter, I haven't put a CD in it in the entire year I've owned it. I have an old 4GB Ipod in the glove box and wouldn't want to deal with SD cards or USB memory.
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:49 AM   #7
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

I'd much rather deal with SD cards than iTunes....

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:50 AM   #8
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one for my boat at Walmart. The brand is VR3. It's pretty sweet deal, and cheap too $70. SD card, USB port, and MP3 input or AUX, it came with a remote as well. It worked so well that i stole it out of the boat for winter and i'll have to buy a new one eventually either for the boat or the YJ. In the YJ it works great cause i can't play CD's unless i like to hear them skip.

I'm not sure if walmart still stocks them but search for them online. I've had mine around a year and a half.

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
lbsnowryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #9
NOVATJ
1996 TJ Wrangler 

I got the VR3 one from target. I just loaded my music on a thumb drive. It's great because it takes up no room in the GB, or I can just throw it in my pocket.

1997 TJ SE - 2.25" Budget Boost, Hydros, 31" Sigma Stampedes
NOVATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #10
chuckyj95

I would like one as well. I have no use for a ipod and the only time i lisen to music is at the computer or in the jeep.
2008 Triumph Speedmaster
chuckyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #11
black05tj
2004 WJ 

Crutchfield has a couple. I think there's a blaupunkt and a clarion that do the SD cards, and several other brands do USB and/or aux inputs.
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #12
howardusa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up going with the Clarion. USB but no SD slot. I bought a 2gig micro SanDisk flash drive and have 40 CD's loaded on it and it's still not full. This unit is very user friendly and has awesome sound with no speaker change. I had them hook up my 10 disk CD changer but I don't think I'll ever have use for it. Now I can get rid of all the CD's I carried on the sunvisors and storage cases. I've only had it for 2 days but am quite pleased with it. I'm certain now I can drive from St.Louis to Florida and back and never hear the same song twice. I have my flash drive backed up in both a Maxtor 100gig external hard drive and my laptop so if the flashdrive gets lost, damaged or stolen I can easily transfer them to a new one...Damn, I love technology.
HT
howardusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.