SRT Track Experience - Ultimate Driving Experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > SRT Track Experience - Ultimate Driving Experience

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
moparjosh

SRT Track Experience - Ultimate Driving Experience

I am part of the SRT Track Experience program team, and I wanted to make SRT enthusiasts aware of this new offer from SRT. Below is a summary of the event. Please feel free to contact program headquarters or myself for more information, or simply post questions and comments here.

Ultimate Driving Experience Awaits SRT Owners

The SRT Track Experience is an exhilarating new instructional racing program conducted by the Skip Barber Driving School and offered exclusively to all Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep SRT vehicle owners. Instructors will conduct day-long classroom sessions and driving clinics, promising superb instruction in a thrilling environment. Participants will test their driving skills on a road course, drag strip and skid pad with a variety of SRT vehicles, including the Dodge Viper SRT10. The inaugural event takes place in Florida at the Daytona International Speedway, Saturday and Sunday, May 14–15, 2005, and will continue to visit at least 20 major racetracks across the nation. For more information or to register, contact SRT Program Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110 or e-mail info@srttrackexperience.com

The official websites of the SRT Track Experience will be up and running by Monday, May 9, at www.srttrackexperience.com.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
Regen
1999 XJ Cherokee 

your link doesnt work
99 XJ Sport, NP242, Rusty 3" AAL, Rusty Air Tube & K&N Filter, 31" BFG MTs15x10, Black Unique Rims, XM Satellite Radio, Rocklizard Fab Gila Monster Guards, Rocklizard Fab Rock Monitor Bumper, JKS Discos, Flowmaster 50
Regen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
LeftFootUNC

Who wants to bet a hip hop giant will be the first one to buy a SRT-8 and put the associated bling on it?
LeftFootUNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Sprungover

Are you selling something? What in the world is a Jeep SRT? These are offroad vehicles.
Sprungover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
Slimpee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprungover
Are you selling something? What in the world is a Jeep SRT? These are offroad vehicles.

Honestly, I think the 2006 GC SRT8 is sweet. I think it looks great and upholds the legendary Jeep tradition of high performance. Yes, I know that the SRT8 won't be taken off-road (even though it does have 4wd) but lets not forget that two of the most desirable jeep models were "gussied up" for the street: the Hurst Jeepster and the CJ5 Super-Jeep (or whatever it was called). Jeep has been about building rugged, world class trucks and the SRT8 fits the bill perfectly. It might not be trail rated, but who cares when the guy in the Mustang GT is staring at the Jeep emblem on your tailgate.

Just my $.02
[COLOR=Navy][B]Student Jeep Club member #1[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red][B]Red Jeep Club member #umm, let's say 400[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Protector and Chief Educator of the Jeep Wave[/B][/COLOR]
Great YJ site: [URL=http://www.jedi.com]www.jedi.com[/URL]
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 07:13 AM   #6
Alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpee
Honestly, I think the 2006 GC SRT8 is sweet. I think it looks great and upholds the legendary Jeep tradition of high performance. Yes, I know that the SRT8 won't be taken off-road (even though it does have 4wd) but lets not forget that two of the most desirable jeep models were "gussied up" for the street: the Hurst Jeepster and the CJ5 Super-Jeep (or whatever it was called). Jeep has been about building rugged, world class trucks and the SRT8 fits the bill perfectly. It might not be trail rated, but who cares when the guy in the Mustang GT is staring at the Jeep emblem on your tailgate.

Just my $.02
well done sir

[CENTER]
Powertrain envy sufferer - Softop tinkerer [/CENTER]
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
Sprungover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpee

Just my $.02

Those aren't out yet. Jeeps tradition isn't one of "high performance" it's offroad ruggedness. The Hurst Jeepster just had badges and a hurst shifter. The super Jeep was a sticker package. Both were the exact same thing as the other models that year. I firmly believe that Jeep should stay the "offroad brand" even if most of the vehicles stay on the road. Its bad enough that DC rebodied the Durango and called it a Jeep, but now the Jeep brand is getting taken furthur away from what its always been.
Sprungover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 09:55 AM   #8
jbowser12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparjosh
I am part of the SRT Track Experience program team
thats cute...... do you have anything else besides spam to add? if not go away
jbowser12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #9
moparjosh

No...Nothing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowser12
thats cute...... do you have anything else besides spam to add? if not go away
I posted the information so that anyone interested could post questions/comments and I could answer them promptly. I understand that many Jeep enthusiasts believe that the SRT Jeep goes against current Jeep Tradition; however, since the SRT Track Experience is being offered to all SRT owners, the Jeep SRT qualifies. And so here we are. It really is a well designed program and also allows Jeep SRT owners to drive other SRT vehicles.

The website will be up and running by Monday, May 9. I'm trying to get a temporary page up by the end of the day.

Please continue to post your questions and comments.

Thanks,

Josh
SRT Program Headquarters
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #10
LibertyV6

I've test driven the SRT-4 Neon.

All I can say is that DC's Street and Racing Technology group KNOWS how to make an engine GO!

It was a blast to drive. If you are able to go to this race track deal, I suggest you go.
[U]ADDED[/U] MAGNAFLOW stainless muffler, Turbolator exhaust tip, K&N drop-in, ECLIPSE CD5000 8V HeadUnit, Infinity KAPPA speakers (all w/ Dynamat) run off RF 800a4 amp, One 12" [COLOR=DarkRed][B]KICKER[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Solo-Baric[/COLOR] L7 subwoofer - run off RF 500a2 amp, 2 AURA under-seat bass shakers using alpine Flex2 amp, Front/ rear Mopar window flares, front slush mats, eurostyle antenna, Power Horn with Uniden PA Mic, 3" Smittybilt step rails[/FONT]
LibertyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.