Spiciest thing you've ever eaten? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Spiciest thing you've ever eaten?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Spiciest thing you've ever eaten?

I've always loved spicy foods but have only recently realized there is a "culture" for people who love things that are just retardedly spicy. I fall into that category.

A few months ago I ate an entire scotch bonnet, which was very bad. However it's only rated at 350,000 scoville units (and that's at the very top end for scotch bonnets). In my Christmas stocking was this:

It's supposedly rated at 650,000. I put probably a quarter l sized amount on a tortilla chip today... WOW!!!!!

Freakin' hot!!!

It was just relentless, scorching fire in my mouth, eventually it felt like the fire had spread over my entire face. Just brutal. Actual physical pain. It is DELICIOUS though, I've been putting tiny, and I mean tiny specks of it on tortilla chips all day and it's so damn good.

If you love spicy stuff like I do, I'd buy this sauce. It's the real deal.

Have any of you guys eaten a whole ghost chili? Those are rated at 1,000,000 scoville units...... ouch

The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't plan to do any of that.

I have no clue what I ate. All I remember is that I was taking a **** for the next 2 days.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I don't plan to do any of that.

I have no clue what I ate. All I remember is that I was taking a **** for the next 2 days.
I'm so scared for tomorrow morning after eating this today.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
DucST4

1984 CJ7 

One day at lunch, a buddy of mine got a "waiver" burger. This is a burger that you have to sign a waiver stating you know it is made with ghost peppers... Anyway, I tried the a single french fry that had some of the sauce on it. It was shear pain, my eyes were watering and the top of my head was sweating too. Never again. My hats off to you!
DucST4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucST4 View Post
One day at lunch, a buddy of mine got a "waiver" burger. This is a burger that you have to sign a waiver stating you know it is made with ghost peppers... Anyway, I tried the a single french fry that had some of the sauce on it. It was shear pain, my eyes were watering and the top of my head was sweating too. Never again. My hats off to you!
I've READ that spicy foods increase levels of seretonin production and can lower bad cholesterol (ldl or hdl i forget which is which).

It's weird. You know it's torture but you can't keep yourself from doing it. It's almost like an adrenaline rush in a sense?

My friends go skydiving, I just eat really really spicy ****.
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
JPi1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ghost pepper salsa.
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

won a bet by eating 5 ghost peppers.The trick is to swallow them whole. The burn later is just insane though.
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
I've always loved spicy foods but have only recently realized there is a "culture" for people who love things that are just retardedly spicy. I fall into that category.

A few months ago I ate an entire scotch bonnet, which was very bad. However it's only rated at 350,000 scoville units (and that's at the very top end for scotch bonnets). In my Christmas stocking was this:

It's supposedly rated at 650,000. I put probably a quarter l sized amount on a tortilla chip today... WOW!!!!!

Freakin' hot!!!

It was just relentless, scorching fire in my mouth, eventually it felt like the fire had spread over my entire face. Just brutal. Actual physical pain. It is DELICIOUS though, I've been putting tiny, and I mean tiny specks of it on tortilla chips all day and it's so damn good.

If you love spicy stuff like I do, I'd buy this sauce. It's the real deal.

Have any of you guys eaten a whole ghost chili? Those are rated at 1,000,000 scoville units...... ouch
^^^ Uhh . . . no thanks. I'd like to keep my taste buds intact. Hottest thing
I ever tried was some habenero salsa called "Insanity Sauce." It was so hot it didn't have a flavor. I don't need to try anything hotter than that. Kind of like running a marathon - I probably could - but I'd have to want to.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

I have a friend who used to get really bad migraine headaches, some Indian doctor told him to eat a jalapeno pepper at the onset, turns out your body releases endorphins and apparently they will whip a headache. I haven't tried it yet, but Mark swears by it!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
lobukjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Butt end of a Habanero....chewed.Wow. insane.I'd never try a whole one.
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
I've READ that spicy foods increase levels of seretonin production and can lower bad cholesterol (ldl or hdl i forget which is which).

It's weird. You know it's torture but you can't keep yourself from doing it. It's almost like an adrenaline rush in a sense?

My friends go skydiving, I just eat really really spicy ****.
Not an adrenaline rush but more of a morphine high. The pain from eating the spicy stuff causes your body to release endorphins which is it's own natural pain killer, similar to morphine. The culture of people who eat the extreme spicy stuff are basically just chasing a natural high
ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwhaler View Post
Not an adrenaline rush but more of a morphine high. The pain from eating the spicy stuff causes your body to release endorphins which is it's own natural pain killer, similar to morphine. The culture of people who eat the extreme spicy stuff are basically just chasing a natural high
Ah makes sense.
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
chance_p
2008 WK 

I had a friend eat a ghost pepper. He drank a half gallon of milk trying to fight the pain.
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm dipping beef jerky into it right now It's addicting.
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #15
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I like some spicy, but I'm a wuss when it comes to the really hot stuff. Hottest I've tried was a sauce called "beyond blistering" at a local wing place (waiver required). Only ate one, with a lot of beer to wash it down.
ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.