Speaker issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Speaker issues

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
smichelson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Speaker issues

This is my first post on the forum. Until now I have had all my questions answered by other people's posts.

I have a 2000 tj i'm having issues with both the left front speaker and the left sound bar speaker. They aren't giving me any where near full sound and they are noticeably static. I've switched the right speaker in to see if I needed a new speaker and its definitely not the speaker. I went under the drivers side door and unplugged and replugged the jack thing. I'm pretty sure its something to do with either the grounding or the wires. I am going to take it to an audio shop today but I was hoping anyone may have some feedback, answers or maybe have had the same problem.

Its nice to be part of the wrangler club and i'm working on my wrangler wave.

cheers.

Her name is Nancy

photo-6-1-12-7.30-am-2.jpg  
smichelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Your speakers have two wires each coming from the head unit. Pull it from the dash and make sure that the polarity of the wires is correct and your wires aren't switched. It may also give you an opportunity to make a quick splice there and test it out before you hunt down wiring throughout the jeep.
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Indy

Your speakers aren't grounded. If they are you'll have issues. Good chance it's the wires or connections between the bar and the receiver. Really god chance an audio shop is going to try and sell you massive expensive wires for whats actually a $2 fix. Buy a length of wire and connect to the head unit and run it to the bad speaker. If the problem goes away, wires. If it doesn't, something in the head unit.

Switched polarity won't affect sound quality it wil just put the speaker out of phase.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Dice48
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When you switched out the left speaker with the right speaker did you see how the bad sounding speaker sounded from the good side?
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
xlch
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You got bigger problems than you realize, the "Jeep" and Wrangler decal on your Jeep is backwards, not to mention the letters on your tires. Im betting the wires to the speakers must be backwards as well, Also your fuel door is on the wrong side of the Jeep. I think if you fix these issues you will solve the speaker problem. My God man I think the whole thing is backwards.

Just messing with ya, welcome aboard.

Now the tank might get beter gas milage but that is a different story.
xlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
Indy

I didn't catch that. Maybe it's an import for bizarro world.

This is probably what it looks like where the OP comes from.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio , soundbar , speakers , tj , wires

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.