Space heaters are extremely dangerous if left unattended, make sure they are off whenever your gone and for sure when your asleep, house fires almost always happen in winter and almost always happen at night when people are sleeping because a space heater over heats or gets knocked over. We almost lost our home last winter after Christmas from a early morning fire, all it takes is a spark. House fires are not a fun experience and for sure something I don't ever want to experience again, smoke detectors saved our lives. The fire department saved our house. I'd just play it safe and not use one, just wear a sweater or something around that's what I do.