Somebody school me on the AR-15 rifle - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Somebody school me on the AR-15 rifle

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 12-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #61
Kerovick

WANT! What that set ya back?

Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #62
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerovick
About $2k w optics... Nice investment though!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #63
BlueDevilBrew
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy
I really want an AR. Whats a good off the shelf starter?
Its very hard to beat a Colt 6920 as a starting platform. And for under $1000 these days, it's almost a no brainer. It seems like most people who buy an AR wish they would've bought a Colt (outside of a few high end expensive manufacturers like BCM or Noveske). Colt is the gold standard in ARs and are legendary.

Read m4carbine.net, plenty of very knowledgeable people will also recommend the 6920.
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #64
BlueDevilBrew
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you really want to learn about ARs and make the best choice, go to m4carbine.net and READ. You're not going to find the same information on a jeep forum as you will on a dedicated AR forum.

Good luck buying one now, they're pretty much out of stock everywhere and will be for a while.
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #65
curbcrawler
1946 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
You'll love it! Great rifle - here's my 556 Swat (sorry for crappy cell pics)
Love the crappy cell pics, cant wait to put some goodies on like yours. Did you change the stock? mine has a different stock, folds over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerovick View Post
1,300 with the iron sites from Gander mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrew View Post
If you really want to learn about ARs and make the best choice, go to m4carbine.net and READ. You're not going to find the same information on a jeep forum as you will on a dedicated AR forum.
This. check them out, its a store-house of info.

Good luck buying one now, they're pretty much out of stock everywhere and will be for a while.
Went to Gander the other day all they had was 1 Sig., a Diamond Back, about 6 Mossberg AR in .22 and zero HI cap Mags.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.