Soldier Surprises Daughter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Soldier Surprises Daughter

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Soldier Surprises Daughter

Did anyone else see the video of the soldier that came home from his deployment in Afghanistan. He got in contact with the USO and Tampa Bay Devil Rays and they had his wife and 9 year old daughter come out on to the field for his daughter to throw out the first pitch of the game. He had a prerecorded message telling her he would see her soon, little did she know, that he was actually the catcher of the first pitch. So when she threw out the pitch and saw the man dressed up in catchers gear remove the catchers mask, she got all excited and ran to him. His little girl or wife had any clue about it. I don't care how tough you are, but videos like this always get me. I have several friends that serve, and being NC is one of the biggest military states in the country, I have seen how deployment hits familys hard.

for yall that have not see it yet, here is the video of it on CNN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ys-first-pitch

Hats off to everyone that serves our country and special thanks for Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the USO for making this work.

Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
LowBudget87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That is pretty awesome. The surprised faces that you get when you come home with no one knowing are the best!!! I still remember my moms face when I came home from my deployment leave. No one knew I was home except a good friend that picked me up from the airport. When I got dropped off at the house I went up stairs to say hi to my mom and scared the sheesh out of her. She though someone was breaking into the house so instead of grabbing my pistol on her nightstand she goes for a pair of jeans instead lol. take note she already had pajama pants and a T-shirt on. Anyhow awesome post OP like I said the surprised faces are the best!!!
LowBudget87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.