Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sold the Wrangler

5K views 75 replies 60 participants last post by  SunDevilJeeper 
#1 ·
If most of you would be honest here, you'd agree that a Jeep Wrangler is a pile of dog crap that was scooped up and renamed Jeep. I finally sold my gas sucking, water leaking, rough riding, rusting, POS wrangler.
For $25K you'd think the f'ing top wouldn't leak water. The tow hooks started rusting the day I took it home as did the "screws" around the windshield frame.
No more Jeep crap for me.

#43 ·

#47 ·
When did we become a nation full of pampered putzes? Both of my Wranglers feel like luxury cars compared to my old '76 F-150, and that was a darn good truck that I still wish I had in spite of the carburetor and no A/C. Also, both of my Wranglers are dead solid reliable, but then I take care of my equipment...I think some folks must just be hard on stuff or doing something wrong. I wouldn't hesitate to drive either one of my Jeeps any distance at the drop of a hat.

#48 ·
lmfao i love this thread.

hes like doing the same thing as posting on a christian forum saying praise Allah death to America or something.

#49 ·
Well... I admit, I once agreed with the OP. So I sold my 1995 YJ (my first true love) when I graduated college. I drove a sedan for less than a year after that and realized... I really missed my leaking, rattling, gas guzzling Wrangler. So I bought a 2000 TJ. It satisfied all of my longings for leaking, rattling, rusting parts... but with kids on the way I then sadly agreed with the OP AGAIN! Sold the TJ and bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee brand new off of the lot (another dumb move, buying a new car). Realizing how much a car payment SUCKED, I got rid of the GC and now have a POS Mazda3 Sedan for my daily commute, and ANOTHER LEAKY, NOISY, RUSTY, GAS SUCKING, AWESOME, KICKARSE 1995 YJ IN THE GARAGE!!! Life is pretty good in a YJ. I agree with the earlier post that nothing is better after a long stressful day than to crack open a cold one and wrench on the Jeep for a few hours. Jeep Therapy!

The OP has to be yanking our chain on this post though. Ever ready any of the "You know you drive a YJ when:" threads? Nothing but good time, Jeep loving laughs there. Cheers everyone!

#54 ·
the op must be a one of those soccer mom *****es that is trying to hang on to their fastly fading youth by getting the jeep they saw the young girl driving cause it made them look hotter than yourself driving the mini van with the soccer ball sticker on the rear window and the my kids an honnor student at screw your mama elementary school bumper sticker. Big suprise when after a day of running your kids around your *** hurt in your new jeep cause its not your mini van!!!!!!!!

Please ban the op on grounds of being a stupid *******!

#56 ·
i just dont see it i guess i have owned alot of **** but my love is my old clanking, chitty riding, every bolt is rusted, leaked from the factory, always wet after the rain, cj
i drive it every day and smile every time i see the guy in the minivan looking over at me thinking i wanna be him
even if it left me on the side of the road id cuss it until i jumped back into the drivers seat. It is what it is a jeep a striped down to basics 4x4 (thats what they where made for in the 1st place)

#60 ·
Your jeep leaks water, is rough ridin, noisy, and BAD MPG to??? And i thought i was the only one! :rofl:

GET THE MAN SOME TAMPONS!!! :rolleyes: :teehee:

Goodbye and good ridens-:wave:

#66 ·
I heard OP prefers ANY light beer, sacrificing that triple hopped, miller brewing flavor of perfection.

#69 ·
You think the Wranglers are bad? Try driving a old CJ with leaf suspension. You should have done your homework man, Jeeps are not Escallades. They are not built to last forever, they are descended directly from a WWII warrior. They are made for the tough, outgoing sportsman, and last but not least Jeep Wranglers are not for crybaby ******* that complain about water leakage, rough riding, and gas guzzling, you sir belong in a Prius.

#71 ·
The only reason I would sell my Jeep is if I could no longer afford the payments and it was killing me to try. Other than that, it gets better MPGs than my old '07 Dakota, can go damn near anywhere even with the ****ty stock Goodyear SRAs, and is baby poo green, what more do you want? :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.