Sold my Tj, moving to Ma. and looking for a Cj. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Sold my Tj, moving to Ma. and looking for a Cj.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 09-09-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
Real-LD

Sold my Tj, moving to Ma. and looking for a Cj.

So I got rid of my Tj. I am looking to purchase a Cj in the next few months. I want to find one with a good frame and that is mechanically sound. The body does not have to be in good shape considering it will mostly be a trail rig. It has got to have decent heater, I've heard it gets cold up in Massaschusetts. I would like to find one here in Texas but I won't have the money for one at least untill three months after the move which will happen at the end of October. I think I can find what I'm looking for for around $4000. Hopefully It will be closer to 3. I plan on building it up myself.
I have my winch I took off my Tj and I also took out my stereo system. I would of taken the lift off it I could of used it on a Cj HAHA. Anyway I can't wait ,but must, to get started. I'll have a entire winter to get it ready, or do they wheel up there in the winter?

What kind of drive components should one avoid on Cj's?

97 Tj not so stock but not so modified.
Real-LD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2001, 06:28 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You sure are asking alot of a CJ .. heat? Not a chance! Best thing to do if you want heat in a Jeep is get a YJ .. CJ's can be upgraded with Chevy heater core and fans .. and Chevy vans can have their electric heater pulled out of the back and and mounted in the CJ ..

A CJ with a decent frame will be hard to find, other than '85 or '86 models .. and then you will be paying the bigger money, and they usually have good bodies as well.

As far as wheelin' goes .. I prefer to wheel in the winter .. its much more pleasant as the crowds have gone home and are shivering under the covers and I can enjoy nature .. I love to wheel with winter gear including my X-country ski equipment and if things go well, I will be getting some snow-shoes as well for my trail pack.

Summer time I like to have my MountainBike along .. never know when a trail is too narrow for my Jeep.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.