Softopper still in business? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-25-2015, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
982500h
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Softopper still in business?

I'm looking to buy a new frame-less soft top for my TJ and ran across Softopper. However, they have not answered multiple e-mails or even the regular postal mail that I sent them with some simple questions. Now I'm wondering if they are still in business or about to disappear. I did notice their website was still active, but I've had bad experiences with vendors that all of a sudden where no longer there.

I noticed they are not listed in the BBB (Better Business Bureau) website. Neither have I seen any recent posts on this forum regarding their products.

Any recent experiences with the company?

Bill
00 TJ/I6/NV3550/NV231/38X13-Maxxis
9" w/ARBs/RubiExp ED-Long 4.5"+ 1" BL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Oliver5000

Hey there, newbie to the forum here but would like to throw in my 2 cents. Recently bought my second top from Softopper which I'm told they are now calling their jeep line, Venture Tops. I'm from Loveland, CO about 40 mins away and decided to stop by their factory to Check them out. When I pulled up they had a JKU and JK 2 door parked out front with the new tops on and I was pretty much in awe at how great they looked. the owner Larry gave me a demo on the 4 door to show me how quick and easy it was to open the sunroof and pop out the windows and also gave me some tips on install. I noticed on their website that they now offer 4 color options and Twill fabric for only $100 more where Bestop charges like $400 more. Larry showed me around the shop and they are 100% American made, Literally saw frames being made and tops being sewn. I picked up a black sailcloth model and was able to install it in just over an hour when I got home. I consider myself to be a pretty picky consumer and after doing a lot of research on all the different options out there I decided to go for my second Softopper and am really glad that I did! A fella down the street has one of their truck toppers on his Tacoma and he honestly raves about it all the time.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Muddeprived

I like how the top functions but dislike the small side windows. That's what steered me away. Even the lady said "The windows look weird".

I bought a Sprint Top instead and it's been great since day one.

2001 XJ Sport 4.5" LA

1999 TJ 2.5L 5spd 2" lift

Tags
soft top options

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.