So, I see this and go "WTF?" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > So, I see this and go "WTF?"

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj View Post
Arrow trucking out of Tulsa, OK shut down on Tuesday. Told it drivers to return the trucks. This is where the story gets sketchy. One report was that they were told to park the trucks and they are going to be repo'd where they are. Pilot supposedly told thier drivers to let the stores know when there is an Arrow truck so they can kick the driver out and take the truck. Another one was that the drivers could return home, but they don't have the company to pay for gas or anything. If the drivers are kicked out away from home, supposedly the two companies that supplied trucks to Arrow is offering 200 dollars cash or a Greyhound ticket to the drivers to get home. But a lot of the drivers don't have a home. And if they did, what they had in the trucks wouldn't all fit in a bus.

After this happened. A Facebook page came up for Arrow truckers to get them home. Truckers and non truckers are offering rides, money, airplane tickets, paying to ship belongings home and even jobs to the Arrow drivers. Supposedly 1400 of Arrows drivers were on the road when this happened. There is a bunch still stranded, but they will get home.

Sometimes the worst in some people bring out the best in others. I couldn't offer anything other then moral support, but seeing all the people willing to help just makes me proud to be in the USA.

A friend of the family was in this situation. He parked the truck at a local truck stop, unloaded his stuff and caught a ride with a fellow trucker half way across the country to get home. Very hard situation for most. His buddy at least had room in the truck for his stuff.

He said there were alot of "contract, owner operators" working for arrow that were helping stranded arrow employed drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
thats damn funny!
I hope you are talking about the OP's post.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #17
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
A friend of the family was in this situation. He parked the truck at a local truck stop, unloaded his stuff and caught a ride with a fellow trucker half way across the country to get home. Very hard situation for most. His buddy at least had room in the truck for his stuff.

He said there were alot of "contract, owner operators" working for arrow that were helping stranded arrow employed drivers.

There was a stranded driver about 100 miles from my town, but sounds like he got a ride home for the most part. The facebook group is amazing. People just buying random people tickets home and giving them money. I thought there was one near me and I was going to go to the ATM right after work and get 40 out for them because that is all I had, but there was none.
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #18
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Stuff like that is crazy...

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #19
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would have loaded up my rig on an Arrow truck, then drove that truck into the densest terrain possible, then I would have called Arrow with the GPS coordinates, and went wheeling.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #20
rosco1

i hfeard that same thing. arrow didnt even tell their drivers until they got to their next destination by the company receiving the freight. i guess some were told to go to the nearest freightshaker dealer to drop theri rig off. eff that, id drive it home. then call the repo company. thats pretty effed up. i think consolidated did the near same thing a while back. coulda at least waited til the holidays were over
rosco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
cmvash
1973 CJ5 

Man that's pretty freakin' funny and awesome.
cmvash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #22
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I like the toy truck, as for arrow. Its a ****ed up situation.
Unread 12-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
Contra
1997 TJ Wrangler 

no, it keeps the weight distrobution even
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #24
Comanche_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
I would have loaded up my rig on an Arrow truck, then drove that truck into the densest terrain possible, then I would have called Arrow with the GPS coordinates, and went wheeling.
I read that arrow doesnt own there trucks. Thats why INternational(navistar) and peterbuilt,ect. were giveing a bus ticket or money to the drivers. They dont want there trucks destoryed.

I have a feeling alot of buissinesses arnt going to get there shipments of stuff for a while untill everything gets sorted out.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #25
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

As far as the mini dump truck I would do that too. As far as Arrow that's pretty messed up.

Anyone have a link to that Facebook page?
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #26
Otahyoni

Support for Stranded Arrow Trucking Drivers - Coordinate Efforts HERE | Facebook

The facebook group for supporting Arrow drivers.
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #27
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

see post above mine.
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #28
Otahyoni

Got the jump on ya Adam
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #29
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

. .

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #30
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have seen the mini dump truck thing before. It was funny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.