So, Was I Scammed? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 120 Old 02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1981 CJ5 

Garage
Glad to hear it's working out. Sorry you didn't get the icrap. Post wife pics!

Andy, KD8EIA
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 120 Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 AM
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

and get a new dog

_o o o o_
|_Jeep_|
(OlllllllO)
[] ---o-[]

post #93 of 120 Old 02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bellamy View Post
This post makes me laugh.
So you come here for "advice" from strangers. Mind you the first post was at what, 3AM? By 6PM the next day you are convinced it's a scam and are filing a PayPal claim (I wonder what reason you gave them, "bad feeling"?).
Hahah. That was me! I knew it was a scam to begin with, and after those photos were posted, it was a dead giveaway. Caveat emptor...you're lucky PayPal/Credit Card companies exist. If you had sent him a money order, your *** would be toast.

Maybe you should not get drunk and bid on crap on eBay. That was a bad move and if you hadn't been so quick to cancel, that guy could not have hoped for a better deal.

Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo
Or you could go back to filling your bleeding mouth with tobacco
Black 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic automatic-stock
Red 1986 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 5 speed-stock
Black Jeep Club member #127
post #94 of 120 Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool View Post
Where I screwed up was bidding on the damn computers in the first place.
Congratulations. You have a very firm grasp of the obvious!

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
-Douglas Adams
post #95 of 120 Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Nonya
Web Wheeler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hope it works out ok for you.I've been ripped off a few times on ebay too.If it seems too good of a deal it really IS!Everytime i bought things off ebay too cheap there is always some issue with them.Its buyer beware on ebay!
post #96 of 120 Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 PM
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

People who fall for obvious scams DESERVE to be scammed – and think the boys in Nigeria are freakin' geniuses.

I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of the colossally stupid. I think E-bay, Paypal and everyone else should adopt this policy.
post #97 of 120 Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
jeepsarecool

1982 CJ7 

Dang, I'm so dum. Sum uv you are reel smart.

I wish i wus smart to. Thanks for beeing condesending. My furst thawt wus that them computres was a frawd, but i just out-gessed miself. I thanked in my hed, "jed, whut if them reely is sum computres an he has em like he seys he does?" I thawt, "naw, he dont hav em" Then i seys, "well maybe he do" So i put in my bid and sed to miself, "weel sea" So soon as i paid he commensed to actin differnt and i says, "jed, it looks fishy indeed" so i went ahed on an put tha lockdown on him. Now i has to sit here an wate on ma money to come bak witch is not nurly as dignefide as bein one of you'uns that was fur to smart to ever fall fur such a trick. How mitey hi ya'll are up thar on that pedestle for witch i will furever more look up to with wundermunt and aw.

If only mamma had give me branes.

Check out my

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
post #98 of 120 Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 AM
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Dang, I'm so dum. Sum uv you are reel smart. I wish i wus smart to. Thanks for beeing condesending. My furst thawt wus that them computres was a frawd, but i just out-gessed miself. I thanked in my hed, "jed, whut if them reely is sum computres an he has em like he seys he does?" I thawt, "naw, he dont hav em" Then i seys, "well maybe he do" So i put in my bid and sed to miself, "weel sea" So soon as i paid he commensed to actin differnt and i says, "jed, it looks fishy indeed" so i went ahed on an put tha lockdown on him. Now i has to sit here an wate on ma money to come bak witch is not nurly as dignefide as bein one of you'uns that was fur to smart to ever fall fur such a trick. How mitey hi ya'll are up thar on that pedestle for witch i will furever more look up to with wundermunt and aw. If only mamma had give me branes.
Sounds about right.
post #99 of 120 Old 02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
XtremeJeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think I found my new sig. haha

2004 TJ | 5'' on 35x12.5's | Currie HD Steering| Smittybilt tire carrier | 4.56's |

1988 XJ | 6'' on 33x12.5's | Locked and Loaded |

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbert350
you have to stop thinking of miles per gallon its fun per gallon....and in my jeep my fpg is too much to count
post #100 of 120 Old 02-08-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
jeepsarecool

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog View Post
Sounds about right.

Whatever, man. By the way, is that your highly-intelligent mug in the scuba mask?

Check out my

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
post #101 of 120 Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dang, I'm so dum. Sum uv you are reel smart.

I wish i wus smart to. Thanks for beeing condesending. My furst thawt wus that them computres was a frawd, but i just out-gessed miself. I thanked in my hed, "jed, whut if them reely is sum computres an he has em like he seys he does?" I thawt, "naw, he dont hav em" Then i seys, "well maybe he do" So i put in my bid and sed to miself, "weel sea" So soon as i paid he commensed to actin differnt and i says, "jed, it looks fishy indeed" so i went ahed on an put tha lockdown on him. Now i has to sit here an wate on ma money to come bak witch is not nurly as dignefide as bein one of you'uns that was fur to smart to ever fall fur such a trick. How mitey hi ya'll are up thar on that pedestle for witch i will furever more look up to with wundermunt and aw.

Nicely done!

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
-Douglas Adams
post #102 of 120 Old 02-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Nonya
Web Wheeler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Momma always says stupid is as stupid does........I think what it comes down to is morals.Some have them and others don't.
post #103 of 120 Old 02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog View Post
People who fall for obvious scams DESERVE to be scammed I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of the colossally stupid. I think E-bay, Paypal and everyone else should adopt this policy.
TD... Get your head out of your (edited)... Let me educate you. People sell on eBay because it provides a HUGE customer base to sell to... People BUY on eBay because it provides a HUGE opportunity to get a great deal. I was at Best Buy a few years ago and noticed they were selling the OOP (Out Of Print) copy of "Dances with Wolves" Best buys cost... 22.50. They had 15 copies and I bough everyone of them and went to the surrounding 3 stores and bought a total of 31 copies. I sold each one for no less than 75.00 per copy and as high as 105.00 per copy. I made off pretty good, and most every person who bought from me thank me as they really wanted this product. However, sometimes people want to get rid of something fast because they need quick money. EBay is a very legitimate outlet for both sellers and buyers. The only thing that happened here is that someone was taken advantage of, that does not make a person colossally stupid . Everyone makes mistakes… Even people who buy silver Sahara’s with seat warmers.

Last edited by ErikJordan; 02-09-2008 at 02:25 PM.
post #104 of 120 Old 02-09-2008, 01:44 PM
POLBOSS

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_G View Post
TD... Get your head out of your @$$... Let me educate you. People sell on eBay because it provides a HUGE customer base to sell to... People BUY on eBay because it provides a HUGE opportunity to get a great deal. I was at Best Buy a few years ago and noticed they were selling the OOP (Out Of Print) copy of "Dances with Wolves" Best buys cost... 22.50. They had 15 copies and I bough everyone of them and went to the surrounding 3 stores and bought a total of 31 copies. I sold each one for no less than 75.00 per copy and as high as 105.00 per copy. I made off pretty good, and most every person who bought from me thank me as they really wanted this product. However, sometimes people want to get rid of something fast because they need quick money. EBay is a very legitimate outlet for both sellers and buyers. The only thing that happened here is that someone was taken advantage of, that does not make a person colossally stupid . Everyone makes mistakes… Even people who buy silver Sahara’s with seat warmers.
My personal number 1 ebay rule is, DO NOT buy anything from a newbie ebayer with 0 feedback, even if she is an old sweet lady that is selling a wii for 200 bucks, because she won it in a raffle
post #105 of 120 Old 02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_G View Post
TD... Get your head out of your @$$... Let me educate you. People sell on eBay because it provides a HUGE customer base to sell to... People BUY on eBay because it provides a HUGE opportunity to get a great deal. I was at Best Buy a few years ago and noticed they were selling the OOP (Out Of Print) copy of "Dances with Wolves" Best buys cost... 22.50. They had 15 copies and I bough everyone of them and went to the surrounding 3 stores and bought a total of 31 copies. I sold each one for no less than 75.00 per copy and as high as 105.00 per copy. I made off pretty good, and most every person who bought from me thank me as they really wanted this product. However, sometimes people want to get rid of something fast because they need quick money. EBay is a very legitimate outlet for both sellers and buyers. The only thing that happened here is that someone was taken advantage of, that does not make a person colossally stupid . Everyone makes mistakes… Even people who buy silver Sahara’s with seat warmers.
Nice speech - but I consider two points:

1). If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Following this cliche may cause you to lose out on some good deals, but it also helps to avoid being scammed.

2). If one makes a bid and then practically immediately becomes concerned about being scammed, then perhaps the purchase decision was ill-advised.

FWIW, I never said the OP was stupid, what I said was:
Quote:
People who fall for obvious scams DESERVE to be scammed – and think the boys in Nigeria are freakin' geniuses. I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of the colossally stupid. I think E-bay, Paypal and everyone else should adopt this policy.
Consider the OP's comment in the original message:
Quote:
I bid being fully aware that it could be a total scam, but I believe paypal and ebay protects me to a certain extent.
If people are held responsible for poor decisions, rather than being "protected" by such policies, perhaps people would be less likely to bid on scambait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.