so about that clutch!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > so about that clutch!!!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
MoMuddin
2000 WJ 

so about that clutch!!!

So im going over a speed bump yesterday, at around 3 or 4 mph, after im over it i push the clutch to go back into first gear, the clutch pedal goes all the way down, and gets stuck.....hmmm ok....shut the engine off ......it releases and then i try to push the pedal down again and it wont go down. Called triple AAA and the guy came out and pushed the clutch pedal down and i heard a grinding noise and then my engine started to smoke....ohhh ****...not good......few days later they call me and say i need a new clutch....even though I have had no problems or no signals of a bad clutch.....someone help me out cuz im dumbfounded.....jeep wrangler 97 with 90,000 miles.....

MoMuddin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
rowdy1
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMuddin
So im going over a speed bump yesterday, at around 3 or 4 mph, after im over it i push the clutch to go back into first gear, the clutch pedal goes all the way down, and gets stuck.....hmmm ok....shut the engine off ......it releases and then i try to push the pedal down again and it wont go down. Called triple AAA and the guy came out and pushed the clutch pedal down and i heard a grinding noise and then my engine started to smoke....ohhh ****...not good......few days later they call me and say i need a new clutch....even though I have had no problems or no signals of a bad clutch.....someone help me out cuz im dumbfounded.....jeep wrangler 97 with 90,000 miles.....
EEEEEEk,sounds like pressure plate death. Sorry,it can go at any time with the mileage you have racked up.
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

MMMM....I love the smell of burning clutch.....

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
Conundrum

I have like 85K miles on mine. And it's original. I better watch out.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
4x4WranglerSE

yeah the same thing happened to me. I was driving down the road, had no signs of clutch slippage, and all of a sudden it wouldn't go into gear. I had to power shift the thing all the way home. well, I got it apart and found the pressure plate had come apart and tore the clutch to he11.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #100
Jeep drivers who dig Country Music member #20
4x4WranglerSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.