Snow claims a bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Snow claims a bumper

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-18-2003, 06:57 PM   #1
97sahara

Snow claims a bumper

The storm claimed another victim; on the way back during my trip (murphy's law prevails), just round albany, hit some ice at around 50; kicked the tail out couple o times, and steered her onto the snow. Stopped in time to thwart major damage, but not enough to miss the guardrail. With the force at which i hit it, I thought i was in for a major fix and $$. Not only would this thing require major $$ to repair, but also time and monoey to get my stuck a$$ out of the 2 foot snow. Well, got out and saw the wheels were free, so I tried to get out. Into 4 low we go, and...... holy wow, pulled right out like nothin. Drove up the road a bit and stopped to look at the damage. I was, and still am, amazed at what I saw. The only damage is a cracked fog light and bent bumper. I took the bumper off today and nothing appears to be out of alignment, and it drives fine (put another 200 miles on it since). I can attest the jeep is an absolute beast. Yeah!.

--- Any suggestions on a new bumper? Ebay is my first thought, but if anyone knows a cheap place near boston, I'd love to hear bout it.----

97sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

An ARB bumper woulda showed that guardrail who's the boss

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.