Smash Lab Sucks - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Smash Lab Sucks

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #46
USMCEOD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

smash labs

If you were to actually use explosives to "jump" a car over an oncoming car to avoid an accident several thing would happen:

-The road would be destroyed, sending chunks of asphalt into oncoming traffic and creating a huge obstacle for the oncoming car.

-The blast overpressure wave would affect anyone close enough by bouncing their organs around to the point of rupture.
this would most definately include the passengers of the two cars trying to avoid an accident.

-This blast wave would be increased by rainy days or low pressure systems.

There are multitutdes of other issues too numerous to list, but the main point is that no one with an iota of commen sense at that show could have believed that they were working on an actual solution.

Jet assisted takeoff, such as whats used in fighter pilot ejection seats, would be interesting to see. As long as they had a follow up show describing the spinal injuries on any survivors of the "trip."

I rather watch an all-marathon of the Gilmore Girls than one more show of the Smash labs. Plus, the Gilmore girls has two hot chicks instead of one.

USMCEOD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #47
Indy

So... the thread died 2 years ago along with the show, which unfortunately has come back recently as re-runs.

What do you think about that thing McGuyver did last week?
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #48
USMCEOD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dang! This is an old thread. Good to hear that the show died a while back. I havent had cable or tv for a little less than a year now so I'm a bit out of the loop. I don't know anything about a new thing by McGuyver, but if its on youtube, ill see it. I hope he didnt change his hair.

I like the "McGruber" SNL skits on Youtube. McGruber reminds me of my boss.
USMCEOD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.