Smash Lab Sucks - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Smash Lab Sucks

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

I was surprised to see the ads for this show. I thought it got canned after the first season. Their solutions are very impractical and almost always fail.

I'm also strangely attracted to the girl. Not in the classic Hollywood trained tramp way. More of a science geek, let me show you what I learned in band-camp way.

'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
Comanche_

All the things they've made failed miserably or where unpractical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana xj View Post
I was surprised to see the ads for this show. I thought it got canned after the first season. Their solutions are very impractical and almost always fail.

I was too

I'm also strangely attracted to the girl. Not in the classic Hollywood trained tramp way. More of a science geek, let me show you what I learned in band-camp way.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #18
AlTheKillerr

sucks.

and kari byron is hotter (before she cut her hair so damn short)
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #19
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

I saw one where they were trying to make some sort of fire retardant canopy device to deploy over a house that was in the way of a wild fire. If I recall correctly, their solution was mildly successful, but the material they used was some sort of space age crap that was like 1,000$/ square foot.

They have like 6 different people on this show, and its painfully obvious that in each show they struggle to fill a realistic job description for each person.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 02:22 AM   #20
Indy

It also ended up catching fire if I remember right. I really enjoyed the 'aerated concrete' episode where they claimed a total success because all they had to do to stop the bus was apply the brakes. No ****, brakes stop vehicles?

Or the runaway car where they discovered that giant rockets mounted on a trailer creates a giant fireball that could be bad for those around them. All they had to do to figure that one out was almost kill someone when the rockets fired unexpectedly. I loved the conclusion that rockets are unpredictable. They could have figured that one out with 1 call to NASA.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 02:42 AM   #21
isezumi00

I only saw one episode and that was the one where they tried to make the mobile home projectile resistent using carbon fibre. It seemed like a well done one to me, are they no longer like that?
isezumi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #22
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

The only one that really seemed to work was the air intrained sand. It worked well and seemed to do what it was designed to do. Otherwise I seem to just get more and more pissed as I watch the show. They keep killing the crown vics. Please won't someone save the crown vics?.... For only pennys a day...................

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:49 AM   #23
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

The only good episode was the one where they tried to make a bomb resistant building. That was cool, but the rest have sucked so far. I watched the one with the cars and airbags and outriggers... that was just stupid. For one they completely missed the ramp and they called it a success.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:52 AM   #24
Btwngreengray
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree, although the show was alright at the beginning, its quickly digressed. That last episode with the "cliff" was really lame.

But, for what it's worth, I think the smash lab girl (Deanne Bell) is better looking than Kari Byron.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen!” Samuel Adams.

Christian Jeep Club Member #104
Btwngreengray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #25
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I watched Smash Lab once and that was enough. I couldn't even make it through to the end before I gave up on it and switched channels. Pretty bad.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #26
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm sure glad to find out I'm not the only one that thinks Smashlab sucks
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #27
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
She's not that cute, that show is horrible. They would literally have to do a show with 10 girls better looking that her cooking bacon in the nude using pie tools to get me to watch again.
now here we have, ow, another, ouch example of ouch a bad, ow ow ow idea

All trash lab's experts are eye candy with no personality that are clueless anyway, the premises are lame, the solutions ludacris(sp) and the editing will give you a headache.
There is a lot to be said for personality. If Mike Rowe left Dirty Jobs it would be in the running for lamest show ever. If it wasn't for Jamie and Adam mythbusters would have never made it past weblog idea (I liked Scotty the biker veggie better then Kari even though Kari's photo shoot was pretty hot)
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #28
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
If Mike Rowe left Dirty Jobs it would be in the running for lamest show ever.
Mike makes that show work. Did you happend to catch a few 'jobs' where Mike's producer tried to fill in for Mike? It was embarassingly bad. No matter what show Mike Rowe would ever choose to do, I'd watch it as he's a pure class guy with a great sense of humor.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #29
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Did you happend to catch a few 'jobs' where Mike's producer tried to fill in for Mike? It was embarassingly bad.
That sucked almost as much as Smash Lab..
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #30
JRussum

i watched the first show they did, the rhino liner test. IMHO the "hosts" are very flat. they have the personality of a loaf of bread. i think the show is just a really bad spinoff of mythbusters.

"**** you, Im getting IN the plane, let Evel Kinevel get ON the plane!!! - George Carlin
JRussum is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.