Six Flags New Orleans, Six Years Later - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Six Flags New Orleans, Six Years Later

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Six Flags New Orleans, Six Years Later

If you ever get a chance to go to NOLA, this would be a pretty cool place to venture too, though illegal. I know i'd want to stop by and take some photos.

Creepy, Crusty, Crumbling: Illegal Tour of Abandoned Six Flags New Orleans

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

those are some great photos
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
MacK
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice pictures, it's unbelievable
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
RockyMnt1

As mentioned, that place was a swamp before Jazzland opened and it will be a swamp again. Some of the items looked like they were moved directly from the Pontchatrain Beach amusement park (where UNO is now located).

Before spending any money on demolishing this place, it would be nice if the MSY airport, that has been under construction for many years, could be finished up. Of course, the right folks need to be paid off before that happens. This is Louisiana after all......

Is Edwin Edwards getting out of the "big house" anytime soon????
RockyMnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

someone needs to hit that place with the reciprocating saw and start selling scrap!
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

I would have preferred to have seen the original unmodified photos. These are very fascinating anyway. They remind me of other urban decay photos though they are not as extreme. I have not seen such a good collection of odd amusement park photos since I looked at the old Riverview Park photos -- for those of you who remember that old amusement park in the Chicago area.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
pmccoy9876
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There's another place with a similar story (minus a hurricane, it just closed on its own) in Ohio. Chippewa Lake Amusement park. A couple of videos up on youtube about it. It closed in the 70s, but wasn't torn down until last year, so it was just like the stuff they show on that 'life after people' show on the History Channel.

Very cool pictures, though. I guess that's what you get for building a city 10 FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL and trying to keep it from drowning.
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCJ2A View Post
I have no input of any value to this thread but those are awesome.
'No Solution' Build Thread
pmccoy9876 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hmmmm, How hard would it be to mod a Jeep to wheel roller coasters!!!

Great pics sure is a sad thing to see though.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #9
GunMetalBlue
1999 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/bl...ry-part-1.html

Kind of similiar. River Country was awesome, used to go there all the time as a kid.

[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I]shall not be infringed[/I][/B][/FONT]
GunMetalBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccoy9876 View Post
There's another place with a similar story (minus a hurricane, it just closed on its own) in Ohio. Chippewa Lake Amusement park. A couple of videos up on youtube about it. It closed in the 70s, but wasn't torn down until last year, so it was just like the stuff they show on that 'life after people' show on the History Channel.

Very cool pictures, though. I guess that's what you get for building a city 10 FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL and trying to keep it from drowning.
I've heard that place is pretty cool to visit as well in OH. My buddy went once.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Someone needs to lay off the HDR a bit.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.