Six Flags might not survive - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Six Flags might not survive

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #46
JRussum

I remember when 6 Flags in Md used to be adventure world and it was alot better than. now it sucks. id rather go to kings dominion or busch gardens and drive the extra 2 hours any day.

"**** you, Im getting IN the plane, let Evel Kinevel get ON the plane!!! - George Carlin
JRussum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #47
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Six flags is nothing. I grew up by the world famous Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. Six flags doesn't even come close to the point!!

Seriously though, All amusement parks are way overpriced
Im finally going there this year. Ive lived so close yet never made it there. I made it to six flags once before it closed. Most of the coasters from that six flags were bought by kings island in cincinatti, so i can still ride some of them haha.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #48
Totenkopf
2009 TJ Wrangler 

I went to the one in ATL as a kid. It is terrible...tear Six Flags over Africa down.
Totenkopf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #49
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjislander View Post
Six Flags sucks, I will never go back to the one in KY. If anyone has no clue why, then google Six Flags KY feet, or accident. If I'm going to a local park to have some fun I just go to Holiday World. Its cheap friendly and fun. Admission is like $20 something dollars with a pepsi can, free parking and free unlimited drinks.
That accident was actually at fault of the ride manufacturer, Intamin. Do a google search for Inatmin Accidents and you'll see lots of info on them. They're the biggest ride and rollercoaster manufacturer in the world, and they're based out of Switzerland. Some of the rides they've done are Kingda Ka, Top Thrill Dragster, and California Screamin. They make some of the most intense and awesome rides, but have god awful reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awshux View Post
Ugh...Six Flags sucks! The quality of their parks has declined dramatically over the last several years, although they still have the best coasters. I've visited the Georgia park and the SoCal park several times in the last 5 years. I used to have season passes, but never will again. The paint is fading from their rides, there are cobwebs in the line areas, and you're lucky if you see even one employee picking up trash. The roving packs of teens far outweigh the families, and I didn't particularly enjoy being with my kids and eating at a table that had profanity carved into it. We moved twice and found the same thing. On one memorable occasion, we approached Yosemite Sam to get a picture with the kids, and he kept walking and said "I'm on a break. Look for me later." WTF? As far as I'm concerned, they'll never get another penny of my money.
Actually, the past 2 years they've been putting a lot of effort back into the park, thanks to the new CEO. Magic Mountain (the socal park you mentioned) has been repainting rides like crazy, remodeling sections of the park and have been disciplining employees if they don't give the guests hospitality. Things started to go down hill when Six Flags was bought by Premier Parks. They thought more about quantity, not quality. Then they got a new CEO in 07, and ever since then, he's been changing things drastically. How do I know? I worked at Magic Mountain for the past 3 years. That employee you mentioned would get fired if he did that today. They've been turning into more of a family park now, trying to get rid of the Teens that run amok.

Quote:
Six flags is nothing. I grew up by the world famous Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. Six flags doesn't even come close to the point!!
X2> Top Thrill Dragster

Seriously though, I really hope they make it. I don't work there anymore, but I still love going to Magic Mountain. And to be honest, spring break and summer are coming up. People are gonna be going there more. I mean, they're only source of revenue is Magic Mountain right now. Wait til all of the parks open up again, I'm sure they'll survive.
Unread 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #50
Solus
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The six flags i work at is one of the few that either make money or break even. We broke even last year. Spending millions to remodel rides and repaint rides. During the summer there's some good deals on admission. I believe we were charging 38 most of the season and did a buy one ticket get one free for june and july. Our park is hiring more employees this year then it has ever before and were working really hard to get all of our employees up to par. If they break the rules there fired, simple as that. Everything is based on individual and department weekly and daily audits. I could go into a lot more detail but basically six flags is doing what it can to make things better for guests. I don't personally agree with some of the things but hay one step at a time.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #51
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobit View Post
ABSOLUTELY! Do they still have the "Mine Train? That was the second coaster I ever rode (the mini-mine train was the first). I haven't been to Six Flags since about 1990.
Both are still there. Heck, I can still vaguely remember Skull Rock, shows how old I am. Being a Texan I enjoyed the different areas of the park that made up the six "flags" of Texas at the original Six Flags in Arlington, Tx. Six Flags over Texas was a theme park. Now it is just a part of a huge conglomerate of amusement parks. Lost what it was all about to begin with. Maybe some rich Texans can buy the original and keep it running.
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #52
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
Im finally going there this year. Ive lived so close yet never made it there. I made it to six flags once before it closed. Most of the coasters from that six flags were bought by kings island in cincinatti, so i can still ride some of them haha.
Dude I gaurantee you won't be dissapointed. Like I said, haven't been since they opened Millenium Force (summer of 00 as I recall) but I'm sure they've added tons of new stuff. for sure hit Magnum, Raptor, and Millenium Force. the Mantis is cool, but I find the "seats" dig into your groin pretty good. Corckscrew is an oldy but a goodie and still one of my favorites. Mean Streak is cool being all wooden but man is it tough on you. Every part of my body hurt when I got off that thing.

But I digress. I remember the other theme park up there too. went once before six flags bought it and once afterwards, it sucked both times and Cedar Point was just as close. Yeah I'll take Cedar Point any day. Six Flags brings teh suck.

and I get to go to Disneyland again here in another week or so for my girls kid sisters birthday. Sleeping Beutys magical outhouse ahoy!
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 01:12 AM   #53
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
and I get to go to Disneyland again here in another week or so for my girls kid sisters birthday. Sleeping Beutys magical outhouse ahoy!
I'm going there next Thursday for a job interview. Internship programs FTW!
Unread 03-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #54
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
The six flags i work at is one of the few that either make money or break even. We broke even last year. Spending millions to remodel rides and repaint rides. During the summer there's some good deals on admission. I believe we were charging 38 most of the season and did a buy one ticket get one free for june and july. Our park is hiring more employees this year then it has ever before and were working really hard to get all of our employees up to par. If they break the rules there fired, simple as that. Everything is based on individual and department weekly and daily audits. I could go into a lot more detail but basically six flags is doing what it can to make things better for guests. I don't personally agree with some of the things but hay one step at a time.
Shapiro has been doin some pretty good things with the company. Like you, I didn't agree with everything they did, but they have been improving a lot. When I first started working for them, the conditions sucked but I still liked it. When I left, the conditions for employees (and guests too) improved vastly. Although one thing that was a downgrade: Highlighter Yellow shirts. Does your park have that or is it still the normal blue?
Unread 03-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
Captainofiron
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
Both are still there. Heck, I can still vaguely remember Skull Rock, shows how old I am. Being a Texan I enjoyed the different areas of the park that made up the six "flags" of Texas at the original Six Flags in Arlington, Tx. Six Flags over Texas was a theme park. Now it is just a part of a huge conglomerate of amusement parks. Lost what it was all about to begin with. Maybe some rich Texans can buy the original and keep it running.
Yea I remember the six different areas, they still have them, but the stuff inside them isnt themed as closely as in the past

82 Chevy K10 Silverado Single Cab, Short Bed, 3" suspension lift, 350 SBC, TH-350, NP 208C, 10 bolt 8.5 axles front and rear (open diffys for now), Warn Premium hubs up front, 33x12.50-15 BFG A/Ts
Captainofiron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #56
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
Yea I remember the six different areas, they still have them, but the stuff inside them isnt themed as closely as in the past
A few years ago they reopened Casa Magnetica. That is the lopsided house where the optical illusions make it seem like things roll uphill and stuff. Kinda corny but it was a part of my childhood so I was glad my kids could experience it also. I still miss the gondola sky ride across the park.

Daughter left this morning with her high school choir for Disney World. She asked if I wanted a souvenir. I told her no. I would probably like Epcot Center if someone was able to drag me kicking and screaming. I guess what I don't like about Disney is them trying to supply every single thing instead of letting other businesses share in the take. Come to OUR park. Stay in OUR hotels, cruise on OUR ship. Play on OUR golf courses. I guess I'm too Texan and too independent to like something trying to control everything I do.
Unread 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #57
Bill W

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
I guess what I don't like about Disney is them trying to supply every single thing instead of letting other businesses share in the take. Come to OUR park. Stay in OUR hotels, cruise on OUR ship. Play on OUR golf courses. I guess I'm too Texan and too independent to like something trying to control everything I do.
Yeah it does sort of suck that even the McDonald fries they sell at the park have jacked up prices. But they have done such a good job of keeping the standards high year after year and they train each employee so well that I can not blame them for not letting any other company into the park. At disney it does not matter who you are/ what you title is every executive is required to work in the park for a week each year.
Bill W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #58
pmccoy9876
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Seriously though, All amusement parks are way overpriced
Overpriced: probably.

Best amusement park in the world: No question. I grew up on cedar point, and absolutely love it. It's been a few years, I guess I'll have to go this summer!
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCJ2A View Post
I have no input of any value to this thread but those are awesome.
'No Solution' Build Thread
pmccoy9876 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.